Skull Face's first appearance in MGS3?
02-17-2014, 06:23 AM
Skull Face's first appearance in MGS3?
On my latest playthrough of MGS3 I noticed something I've never seen before. As you may know, you can change the picture of the person you're talking to in the Codec screen. Most contacts have about four pictures to switch between. What I didn't know before was that as the game advances there appear more pictures to the codec screen. For example, on picture shows young Zero and young The Boss standing next to each other.

But one certain picture caught my attention. It was one of Paramedic's pictures:
[Image: Kuva0286.jpg]

It shows paramedic pushing a wheelchair with what seems to be an old man sitting on it. But to me the old man looks awfully familiar. The man seems to be lacking the nose almost completely and seems somewhat scarred, although, it is difficult to study this picture since the quality is so poor.

Here's a comparison:
[Image: skullfacewheelchair.jpg]

What do you think? Could there be a connection or am I looking too hard into it? Big Grin

I'm just dillydallying
02-17-2014, 11:34 AM
RE: Skull Face's first appearance in MGS3?
That's probably just some random old guy. Cool comparison though.
Still more believable than "MGSV STARZ GAY FOX DISSGUIZD AS BIG BOSS".

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
02-18-2014, 07:19 PM
Interesting coincidence... Unfortunately, this is just begging to end up in some "Kojima's a genius!!! He planned this all out 10 years ago!!!" discussion in the future...

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx
02-18-2014, 07:34 PM
About those pictures, more appear the more you talk to the characters. So the more you call them, the more pictures that will appear. I can't remember how many in total there are. There are three of their face, then a picture of them with information next to it, and then another one with more information like their voice and motion actors, and I'm not sure but I think that's it.
I think I've played through each Metal Gear that I own calling everyone up to hear (or read) as much as possible. MGS3 has an amazing amount of information you can hear. Then we get a joke with how MGS4 had only two people to call and who say almost nothing. Probably shows how much enthusiasm Kojima had for making that game.
02-18-2014, 10:46 PM
(02-18-2014 07:34 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  Then we get a joke with how MGS4 had only two people to call and who say almost nothing. Probably shows how much enthusiasm Kojima had for making that game.

Fucking this! With MGS2 and 3 I seriously spend like an hour just calling up characters right at the start before I have even left the first screen, there's so much stuff to hear and new things to find. It was cool calling Campbell in MGS2 when standing in front of the entrance to Arsenal Gear and he's all like "Nothing to see here, move along".

Even MGS1 last time I played it I was STILL finding new codec dialogue from characters I'd never heard before. Stuff like when you call Miller a whole lot while heating and cooling the PAL key and he's dropping hints he's Liquid like a motherfucker or when you call Meryl when you step into the minefield but before taking a few steps and Deepthroat calls you.

MGS4 on the other hand I'm certain I heard almost every piece of codec dialogue in the game in on sitting.
02-18-2014, 11:00 PM
And here I discover something new. I never tried calling Campbell standing in front of the Arsenal Gear entrance. You're talking about the part when you have to get the directional microphone to find Ames, right? And that one about Meryl and Deepthroat... I can't remember if I heard that one or not. I've always felt that even with the crazy number of times I've played those games (especially MGS2), that there were still codec calls that I had never heard, and I guess it's true.
02-19-2014, 12:01 AM
Yeah thats the part in MGS2, of course it needs to be once you get to the area with Emma's bird, I think after you talk with Ames you can no longer check out that area. It really shit me that I couldn't call Plissken though, at that point I think he's talking with Olga and you get a no response message.

As for the part with Meryl in MGS1, it's after she's defied Snake and plans to see if she has what it takes to be a soldier and when you call her Snake tells her that he can't really do anything to stop her but tells her just try not to get killed.

There are so many situational conversations that i'm always hoping to find something new each time. "Maybe if I call Otacon while next to this truck...".
02-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Regarding Skull Face, Kojima confirmed that he has a connection of Major Zero and this will be elaborated on in GZ.
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=12680
02-19-2014, 07:57 PM
I doubt Skull Face was even conceived at the time MGS3 was even in production. But that is a good catch, even if the old dude's nose is pointier than Skull Face's; Skull Face's nose is supposedly broken.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
02-20-2014, 08:08 PM
I think I was on my 7th or 8th play through of MGS1 before I ran into the Liquid's parachute conversation.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
02-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Liquid's parachute? I'm not sure what you're talking about with that.
02-20-2014, 10:09 PM
In the snowfield where you fight and kill Sniper Wolf if you look over the fence in I believe the South Eastern most point you should see a parachute in a tree, The camera focuses on it and you get a Codec conversation about it and Liquid surviving the Hind D crash.

I think I read about it on gamewinners myself, ah them's were the good times.
02-20-2014, 10:20 PM
I had no idea about that! I guess I have a reason to replay it now. Really, I'm amazed that I never heard about this at all. I thought I read about every single thing in this game.
02-22-2014, 10:20 PM
Gentapo is now just "someone on a MGS forum"

http://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/c.../1ym8mg/_/

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
02-22-2014, 11:22 PM
.... The stupidity of most of those comments saddens me.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)