Skull Face is Python OR Python is Skull Face
11-21-2013, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2013 10:30 AM by THEND.)
Skull Face is Python OR Python is Skull Face
Would it surprise anyone if Skullface was Python?

Here's a JP version of PO when BB meets Python:

If you remember correctly there were two options for Python and two different cutscenes I believe if you did a no-kill vs. a kill for that boss .

Here's the nokill version of the death cutscene (in english):

Here's some skull face footage jp version:

* One interesting thing to note is on the Ground Zeroes wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_...und_Zeroes

Skull face is the only character without a profile .

Means little since the voice actor for skull face is a newcomer to the series: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takaya_Hashi

But this justification could have been to mirror the main characters switch or something. Not really important. What's important thought is there's a good chance.

Viper being the anti-snake and the XOF group play well into the "From FOX two legends were born" motif. Since they had two different endings for Viper's life, it would make sense for kojima to of course retcon it but also combine his death with his life being saved so in essence, his suit did explode but he survived (which means the kill count at the end of PO still would have been 0 for Python).
01-30-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: Skull Face is Python OR Python is Skull Face
Unsure. If this was Python, how come he's missing those shunts on his cranium? Wouldn't there be marks across his cranium if they were removed? But then again, if it is true, the removal of the shunts and his liquid-nitrogen suit might explain the deformed appearance, but I don't know the science behind that, if there is any (regarding removal of cooling systems from the body after prolonged wear).

All we know about Skull Face is that he's "A Ghost without a Past". I was thinking recently, as absurd as it sounds, that he's just this guy who was born out of some project and has the ability to summon ghosts. Sadly I never figured out how to properly describe my theory about his origins....but his little group of soldiers (I assume it's the XOF unit) happen to be able to turn into monstrosities, which I believe Skull Face has the power to do (trigger their ability to become monsters or whatever). How he can trigger that power is unknown to me, though. It looks supernatural, not like some MK-ULTRA shit which involves causing a trigger in one's mind to yield a specific action.

I caught an article, which I didn't click on, theorizing that he is the father of Psycho Mantis. Those kids don't know shit if you ask me; just because they both have deformed faces means they're blood-related? Plus, Skull Face isn't Russian; I assume he's a southerner because obviously he has some cowboy motif of sorts, even as much as a bandit-mask.

Some say he could be Solidus....that might explain why he looks so deformed, but I'm not believing that for a second.

Just now I saw a NeoGAF thread hypothesizing that Skull Face is this "representation of Miller to Big Boss"....an inverse of Miller, like some sort of dark master, to encourage Big Boss to go even lower....

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
01-31-2014, 11:51 AM
Listen. No one even thinks about Portable Ops anymore. They'll never even consider it in a Metal Gear game ever again.

Skull Face is not Python.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
01-31-2014, 01:30 PM
How could he be Solidus? Solidus dies decades later. This series has thankfully never used time travel, though all those morons thought that when Snake Eater was announced to be in the 60's. OMGWTF JUST BCUZ SNAKE IZ A CLON OF BIG BOZZ DONT MEEN HE WUD LUK DA SAME U FGT!!~!1!!!!~1
01-31-2014, 04:32 PM
(01-31-2014 11:51 AM)Punished President Wrote:  Listen. No one even thinks about Portable Ops anymore. They'll never even consider it in a Metal Gear game ever again.

Skull Face is not Python.
Lest we all forget, though, that a flaming silhouette of Python (and Volgin) was shown in The Phantom Pain VGA 2012 trailer. Just saying, even if Python isn't Skull Face per se.

(01-31-2014 01:30 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  How could he be Solidus? Solidus dies decades later. This series has thankfully never used time travel, though all those morons thought that when Snake Eater was announced to be in the 60's. OMGWTF JUST BCUZ SNAKE IZ A CLON OF BIG BOZZ DONT MEEN HE WUD LUK DA SAME U FGT!!~!1!!!!~1
The only way Skull Face being Solidus would be feasible is solely by the deformation he has. But, come to think of it, the three clones were born in 1972. MGS:GZ is set in 1975. Solidus would be about three years old. There's no way, as a result, that Skull Face could be Solidus, unless Solidus was given some accelerator injection of sorts that would cause his body to form into an adult's (artificial senescence or something?), which is akin to the Terminator franchise's I-950 (Infiltrator which is purely organic), but even so that's far-fetched even by Metal Gear standards. Plus, again, unless we can expect some silly ret-conning, Solidus isn't a southerner.

"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
01-31-2014, 07:30 PM
What are you talking about Solidus being deformed? He looked perfectly fine in Sons of Liberty. Solidus being this Skull Face guy makes no sense whatsoever. It looks like Liquid might be in the game if that kid we see is him, and from what I understand, this is supposed to be in 80's at some point, so his age makes sense. And Solidus did actually age faster than Solid and Liquid, since he was a clone made with even older cells than them. But no way in hell he's going to be that big at that point.
02-02-2014, 02:29 AM
Quote:Lest we all forget, though, that a flaming silhouette of Python (and Volgin) was shown in The Phantom Pain VGA 2012 trailer.

That was Volgin. Only Volgin.
I like Python and it would be cool if they mentioned him but it doesn't feel like it's happening.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
02-02-2014, 07:17 AM
Python was in Foxhound, Big Boss was in Fox. XOF is the opposite of FOX obviously. Python was a close ally to Big Boss and even seemed built up more/less in his shadow when Big Boss left.

Python would make perfect sense to be Skull Face.

I don't think we'll see Volgin except maybe when Big Boss goes under when he's close to death or if young psycho mantis messes with his head.

Pretty certain elli is liquid. I'm almost confident we'll see david. Solidus would be even older than the two of them and what with the game partly taking place in Africa I wouldn't rule out the possibility of an overt connection. Who knows maybe we'll see young Raiden. Technically liquid, solid, solidus, and raiden would be roughly the same age.
02-02-2014, 03:18 PM
(01-31-2014 07:30 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  What are you talking about Solidus being deformed? He looked perfectly fine in Sons of Liberty. Solidus being this Skull Face guy makes no sense whatsoever. It looks like Liquid might be in the game if that kid we see is him, and from what I understand, this is supposed to be in 80's at some point, so his age makes sense. And Solidus did actually age faster than Solid and Liquid, since he was a clone made with even older cells than them. But no way in hell he's going to be that big at that point.
Regarding Solidus being that deformed at this timeframe, I dunno. I don't believe that Skull Face is Solidus, and the whole thing with him being so deformed based on my claim was something I just threw out there while accompanied with the whole "artificial senescence" thing I mentioned. I don't know the science behind how that would work in real-life, that a child could have an adult body by age 3 and have so many deformations like that, like as if the skin didn't developer properly and so is taking longer or something. I tend to think outloud about things, too.....but, overall, such a thing would, to me, be far-fetched by MGS standards (as if I can speak on behalf of what MGS should have).

(02-02-2014 02:29 AM)Punished President Wrote:  
Quote:Lest we all forget, though, that a flaming silhouette of Python (and Volgin) was shown in The Phantom Pain VGA 2012 trailer.
That was Volgin. Only Volgin.
I like Python and it would be cool if they mentioned him but it doesn't feel like it's happening.
I stand corrected. I did look at the trailer again, at about the time I posted my previous comment. At roughly 02:12 of the original VGA 2012 trailer, the things which I mistook for shunts were actually horns, protruding from the forehead area (above the eyebrows).....it also kind of alludes to the recent content we've witnessed, where BB now has a "horn" on the right side of his forehead, which if I remember correctly is some munition that wound up into his head for some reason.

(02-02-2014 07:17 AM)nanoMACHINEgun Wrote:  Python was in Foxhound, Big Boss was in Fox. XOF is the opposite of FOX obviously. Python was a close ally to Big Boss and even seemed built up more/less in his shadow when Big Boss left.

Python would make perfect sense to be Skull Face.

I don't think we'll see Volgin except maybe when Big Boss goes under when he's close to death or if young psycho mantis messes with his head.

Pretty certain elli is liquid. I'm almost confident we'll see david. Solidus would be even older than the two of them and what with the game partly taking place in Africa I wouldn't rule out the possibility of an overt connection. Who knows maybe we'll see young Raiden. Technically liquid, solid, solidus, and raiden would be roughly the same age.
That is actually something I've been wanting to see for some time in an upcoming MGS game, that Big Boss would get to "see his babies"....except they aren't babies by 1984. By then, they'll be twelve years of age.

Eli is definitely a curious subject; I'm inclined to agree with other speculation that Eli could in fact be Liquid Snake. It would be good to shed some backstory on Liquid, because we already know much about David (Solid) and George (Solidus). I'm hoping also that the game touches upon something Liquid said back in the 1998 MGS game, that he "was the one chosen, knowing him to be inferior", but let's not get our hopes up too high on that, considering all the ret-conning in the prequel titles to the series.
The theory of Eli being Liquid is also based on stories from the Abrahamic scriptures. David had an eldest brother, named Eliab. Supposedly Eliab, due to his height, stature, and fair features, was to become God's annointed king of the United Monarchy. But, God rejected him, and in the end He chose the youngest, David, because He saw good in David's heart. It all ties in some way, or as I like to feel it does, with the game's characters and what-not.....even if David (Solid Snake) doesn't think too highly of himself, but for sure Eli's temperamental issues can relate to Liquid Snake. As for George (Solidus), I think there's no relation to any Abrahamic lore; he was a third clone, albeit a perfect(?) one.

02-03-2014, 07:36 AM
(01-31-2014 07:30 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  I think there's no relation to any Abrahamic lore; he was a third clone, albeit a perfect(?) one.

Yah...Solidus has always felt like an outlier in the clone plot but it'd be cool if he had some real exposition in this game. Though ur right...Liquid's past hasn't really been explored too much.
02-04-2014, 10:01 PM
(02-02-2014 07:17 AM)nanoMACHINEgun Wrote:  Python was in Foxhound, Big Boss was in Fox.
Wrong. FOXHOUND was formed in 1970, during Portable Ops by Big Boss and Campbell. The whole plot of the game was that the FOX unit, which included Python, Cunningham, Gene, Null, and Elisa/Ursula rebels and Big Boss has to take down his former unit. I only remember this because of the whole "lol see how history repeats itself" bullshit, mirroring Solid Snake battling his former unit, FOXHOUND in MGS.

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx
02-04-2014, 11:45 PM
It's like poetry, it rhymes...
02-05-2014, 07:01 AM
(02-04-2014 10:01 PM)Daggamuffin Wrote:  
(02-02-2014 07:17 AM)nanoMACHINEgun Wrote:  Python was in Foxhound, Big Boss was in Fox.
Wrong. FOXHOUND was formed in 1970, during Portable Ops by Big Boss and Campbell. The whole plot of the game was that the FOX unit, which included Python, Cunningham, Gene, Null, and Elisa/Ursula rebels and Big Boss has to take down his former unit. I only remember this because of the whole "lol see how history repeats itself" bullshit, mirroring Solid Snake battling his former unit, FOXHOUND in MGS.

ur right. They were both in FOX. Furthermore Python was the "anti-snake"(real creative b-team koji pro). At least them being from the same unit strengthens their connection. Python Bio Wikia
02-06-2014, 12:18 PM
(02-03-2014 07:36 AM)nanoMACHINEgun Wrote:  
(01-31-2014 07:30 PM)Old Gross Wrote:  I think there's no relation to any Abrahamic lore; he was a third clone, albeit a perfect(?) one.
Yah...Solidus has always felt like an outlier in the clone plot but it'd be cool if he had some real exposition in this game. Though ur right...Liquid's past hasn't really been explored too much.
Actually, Solidus' first name, "George" does have some symbolism, though for it to relate to his backstory is subject to individual perspective; "George" is derived from the Greek variation, and translates to "farmer", or even "earth-worker". All we know about Solidus' backstory is that he got involved in parts of Africa and probably the Middle East; in particular he led a group of child-soldiers in Liberia, his "favorite" being Jack (Raiden). George was probably in his late-teens (17?) when he was involved in Liberia with his "Army of The Devil". Anyway, after Liberia, the next stuff in his lifetime is what we already know since MGS2.
Personality-wise, Solidus was definitely an interesting character, though maybe it's based on how I interpreted it. Compared to the other brothers, Solidus seemed to want to be like Big Boss, one hint being that when his left eye was damaged he was supposedly excited. His desire to be remembered by history, and to be like his biological father, sort of adds to how he was made to be a perfect balance between his brothers, because the other two didn't want to embrace the likeness of Big Boss....

....if it's true that Eli is Liquid, it would be interesting to see how his character is. I'd imagine that he's pissed off all the time; what we know is that he was raised being told that he was "inferior", despite the reality that, well, nothing could kill him. Hell I look forward to a hypothetical scenario in The Phantom Pain where you can shoot Eli in the face and he won't die.
(assuming MGS:TPP will depict child-soldiers getting killed, which I think is still a very questionable thing to portray in a medium)

02-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Yes, Solidus wanted to be like Big Boss. I didn't understand what Snake meant when he said "Stop impersonating him!" until I got the Document of MGS2, I used to think that Snake was still trying to pretend he was Pliskin and that he meant "Stop impersonating Solid Snake", but the Document makes it clear that he was referring to Big Boss. It also mentions that when Solidus loses his eye that he's supposed to be happy, though John Cygan and the voice acting director didn't understand that I guess since he sounds upset. And finally Ocelot says "You're the spitting image of Big Boss" and Solidus is pleased with that. So Solidus wanted to be like and probably surpass Big Boss.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)