Since you people are FUCKING USELESS, I figured this shit out...
04-02-2015, 03:40 AM
RE: Since you people are FUCKING USELESS, I figured this shit out...
(03-31-2015 06:29 PM)Maison Wrote:  Fuck Reflex Mode. And fuck marking.

and fuck those who use it. Orally, Anally, and Vaginally
04-02-2015, 06:42 AM
I don't know why this kind of shit is so popular in games nowadays. All this automatic shit that the game just does on its own.

I like to play the game; I HATE when the game just plays itself, or me.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
04-02-2015, 12:00 PM
(04-02-2015 06:42 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  I HATE when the game just plays itself, or me.

I wouldn't mind a game that plays WITH itself.

Like you put the game in and it is one 8 hour cutscene of Lara Croft masturbating

Directed by Hideo Kojima of course
04-02-2015, 01:32 PM
...so there's lots of slo-mo and ninjas and shit?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

04-02-2015, 02:03 PM
No just Laura Croft doing the dirty with a room full of toys. All the gameplay is just choosing which toy...

Then EPIC Kojima cutscene.

We all know he is a closet pervert, so he would be the best man for the job...
04-02-2015, 09:12 PM
She'll do it with a Moai Head!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

12-28-2015, 12:49 PM
Oooooooh, I see. If you have Marking turned on, enemies make the symbols as long as you've marked them. Reflex doesn't need to be on afterall...

...still, it's retarded. I want the symbols, but not the dumb red Squares and distance tags and whatever the fuck that dumb bluish "see me through walls" bullshit is.

Can you have Marking turned off but still have overhead symbols in Phantom Pain? I'll buy it only if such can be so.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

12-29-2015, 12:38 AM
That crap reminds me of Hitman: Absolution (probably inspired MGSV to some degree, along with all those other modern AAA, mediocre stealth games). But yea in Absolution they added the ability to see where the enemy is through walls, and where their guard routes are. Which completely destroyed what Hitman was about.
12-29-2015, 06:44 AM
Yeah, not to mention the entire game was just a series of narrow hallways with a guy standing in each corner staring intently at nothing on the wall a foot away so you could sneak by. And if they were looking in your direction, 9 times out of 10, you just hit that fucking button that turns on your special vision mode that all games also seem to have now (I blame Assassin's Creed) and look for the closest wrench to toss behind them.

Absolution was pure garbage. It had two good levels, and the rest were awful.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

12-29-2015, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2015 07:04 PM by BigB0SS.)
Yep. I like how the "hide your face" works too. Completely unrealistic. If you start covering your face as you walk by cops, I think you're going to look a bit suspicious. Seems it would draw more attention rather than diverting.
12-30-2015, 09:13 AM
And they can recognize you even if you're not even facing them. And if you take a disguise that normally has a mask, of course 47 won't actually wear the mask.

Fuck that game.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

12-30-2015, 08:47 PM
Yea I can't believe they took out masks. Some of the coolest levels from previous Hitmans involved masks (e.g. A Dance with the Devil from Blood Money).

I thought Hitman 2 was bad when it came to setting off alerts, but after playing 2 enough the player learns alerts are based on how slow/fast you move past guards. In Absolution all you're worried about is having enough meter left to pass guards.

Absolution is garbage. But I'm not going to lie, I had fun with it... only after giving up on stealth methods and just resorted to slaughtering everyone. Like the cornfield level where you kill the nuns/agents.
12-30-2015, 09:41 PM
I hated every bit of it but kept playing anyway. I figure you don't have a right to bitch about it if you haven't played it through. Same reason I played through The Last of Us. Hated every ounce of it, but felt obliged to do so before I could tell the children creaming their pants over it while hailing it as the best game of all time despite it being no better than a PS2 launch title to cram it up their kiddie-bitch asses.

I mean, it wasn't a bad game quality-wise. It just sucked ass as a game. Hitman, I mean.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

12-30-2015, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2015 10:23 PM by BigB0SS.)
Yea The Last of Us isn't that great. Graphics are amazing. But essentially overhyped uncharted/walking dead hybrid.

I still prefer the old Hitman games because it was all about freedom, and trial & error. You had to observe guards, figure out their patterns, guard routes, try different outcomes until meeting success. Made you feel like you mastered the art of spying/assassination.

Plus the earlier hitman games: silent assassin and contracts had all these level design glitches/quirks. In silent assassin you crouch walked slower than moving guards so was hard to sneak up on them. Had to cut across at different angles to save distance traveled, etc.

You had to know how the levels worked to get top ratings (e.g. the motorcade interception. Knowing how to get the 50cal sniper rifle to the lookout point on the mosque. Or using the fireman's axe on the limo once it enters the city, without being detected).
12-31-2015, 08:22 AM
Yeah, it's a rare thing nowadays when you have to actually play a game. More often than not, you just go the only route you can go for three steps, hide behind the obvious "hide here" spot, and gun down a hoard of brain-dead enemies as they charge towards you. When all that's left is a quivering pile of bodies, you take three more steps to the next obvious "hide here" spot and gun down another mass hoard of idiots. Repeat that for three hours and you get a Platinum Trophy.

It's especially sad when older games in a series are vastly superior than the most recent ones, like you mentioned. I hate where gaming has gone and how it's changed.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)