Since you people are FUCKING USELESS, I figured this shit out...
01-19-2015, 04:44 PM
RE: Since you people are FUCKING USELESS, I figured this shit out...
I love you guys.
01-20-2015, 06:25 AM
I love me too.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
01-29-2015, 08:52 AM
I think the only time you can see the !-symbol is when the guard gets suspicious. But not when they spot you. I'm on PS3.
01-29-2015, 10:02 AM
I only see it over the head of a guard that you need to kill when Reflex mode triggers. There's no other symbol in my game, whether it's Stars, Zs, ?s or !s. Just the red one over theu must-kill enemy in Reflex mode.

This demo is lame. Maybe different regions are different though? Maybe PS4 has all of the symbols? Maybe the US version just sucks, kinda like the US version of MGS2? I dunno, but this game is more of a watered down Splinter Cell than it is an open-world Metal Gear.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-29-2015, 12:01 PM
Oh yeah, forgot the red !'s in reflex mode.

Quote:watered down Splinter Cell
Dude, did you even play Blacklist? I mean, it's not a 2 hour game but I don't know a game that is more Team America in real life than that one.

The only things that I really hated in GZ was the random cover system fucking, Kaz never shutting up and that friggin' health spray. The fuck was the deal with that? Although I like the previous Metal Gears imagine if we still had the original interface with top-down cameras, using square to shoot and enemies with 3-4 feet vision.

Actually I'd like that. As soon as they make Ghost Babel HD, that is, with Shinkawa sprites or something. Although I'm pretty sure that they'd fuck it up at some point with the mighty FOXEngine bullshit.
01-29-2015, 01:24 PM
The problem is that Metal Gear was never a stealth-action game; it was a puzzle game with an emphasis on stealth. But from MGS3 and on, they've change it from its roots into a shooting game with a stealth-theme, much like Splintet Cell Conviction. For every single new feature added to enhance yout stealth abilities, three or four new combat enhancements were added, and MGS4 is a prime example of this fact; it's easier to shoot through the game than it is to sneak.

Ground Zeroes is sorta on the right track, but it's sti missing a lot of things it desperately needs to be a stealth game rather than an action game with stealth in it.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-29-2015, 10:56 PM
Which is why I tend to play the games without using any weapons when possible. Like it was supposed to before the tranq guns came along.

Feeling kinda sad for MGS4 though, since probably one of its key-marketing points was that it had fuckton of (similar) weapons out of which I probably used four.
01-30-2015, 04:00 AM
I only used the M4, since it was the only fucking weapon you could customize, and the M1911, since it appeared in your fucking hands after every goddamn cutscene was over. And the Tranq gun, since the game takes 38 fucking hours to actually sneak through.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-30-2015, 06:24 AM
I tend to use the mk23 alot in mgs4, and also the p90. The guns appearing in snakes hands after the clips is annoying, so you gotta like go on pause and re-equip the ones you wanted, which is what I usually do.

As far as the symbols in GZ, I have the same problem, no ZzZ's and no ?, which kinda sucks, I always thought the quirky shit in metal gear was funny.

Also I agree with metal gear turning into mainly a shooting game during mgs3, mainly subsistence with its 3d camera, I switched the camera back and forth alot in that game, cause I kinda like the old style cinematic camera angles.

Especially at the end of mgs3 when the shaggohod is chasing you, and you cant tell what the hell your shooting at.

this is what snake said right before he kills Riakov: https://soundcloud.com/fatoldsweaty/arno...ur-clothes
02-02-2015, 07:22 AM
MGS4 had way too many guns. Not to mention that whole Drebin thing was absolutely atrocious. Find the weapons. That's it, that's what it should be. MGS1-2-3 had the best weapons system. It shouldn't be made any easier than that. Guns should not be made center stage.

[Image: tumblr_mt0datDwt91rt6u7do1_400.gif]
PSN ID: BigBoss599
02-02-2015, 07:50 AM
I know theres like 8 different ways snake can cqc a prick in mgs4, but I've only done a few of the moves, honestly though I wasn't a huge fan of the million different guns either, being able to use the railgun was pretty awesome though, also driving rex was pretty badass too.

I don't really like rising, but using the sword in mgs2 for the 2 seconds you can was pretty sweet, because it was optional and I loved the bullet deflection, also reversing the blade was neat, though I didn't do that very much.

Mgs1 and Mgs3 are still my favorite games in the series, mg2 was surprisingly good though considering i'm not a huge fan of top down games.

Yes, but there is another event that I excel at. It is called the ear pull. It is an event where two contestents pull each others' ears while enduring the harsh cold. It tests pysical as well as spiritual strength.
02-02-2015, 10:04 AM
The whole battle with Raven should have just been a button-mashing & QTE ear-pull.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

03-30-2015, 11:19 PM
(01-30-2015 04:00 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  I only used the M4, since it was the only fucking weapon you could customize, and the M1911, since it appeared in your fucking hands after every goddamn cutscene was over. And the Tranq gun, since the game takes 38 fucking hours to actually sneak through.

Haha I hated that it forced those weapons back into your inventory after you de-equipped. I used to run around using only the M14EBR. Since it doubled as an automatic / sniper rifle. Plus it was one of the weapons that allowed attachments.
03-31-2015, 12:33 PM
Faggots... Faggots everywhere
03-31-2015, 06:29 PM
Fuck Reflex Mode. And fuck marking.

Old Shank Wrote:"Get down from here we want toast!," Snake demanded.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)