Schurvive Beta impressions and stuff
01-17-2018, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2018 04:16 PM by jdnation.)
Schurvive Beta impressions and stuff
Download 8 GBs and enjoy or don't enjoy or find it just so-so by tomorrow.

BETA Dates
Jan 18th, 2018 to Jan 21st, 2018

PS4 owners don't require PS+ to download. But can you play...?

Xbone owners need to bone up on a Gold account to do anything.

Internet connection is needed to play the BETA.
You can download the game on PlayStation 4 without PlayStation Plus.
You will need Xbox Live Gold Membership to play online multiplayer on Xbox One.
The save data will not be taken over to the full game.
Some specifications may differ from the actual game.

* What's available in the Beta is not easy for a solo player to beat, but losing doesn't mean you reset all your progress, you still get everything you earned up until that point.
*Enemies hit hard, you will go down fast if caught in the middle of a group
*Developing defenses in the allotted time is critical, and being able to throw them up in the middle of combat seems like an important skill to have (think fortnight)
*Guns are extremely powerful, but very limited in ammunition. You really have to think about when and where to use even the basic pistol.
*Melee combat is satisfying, but takes a second to get used to.
*Controls are slightly different from MGSV, the D-pad now has a bunch of menus tied to it.
*Game seems like a locked 60 fps, didn't notice any slowdown during heavy combat (base XB1)
*Kuban Energy can be used to buff your character in between matches so it seems there's some light RPG elements.
*Character customization seems the same as MGSV

https://www.resetera.com/threads/metal-g...ion.16792/

Other than that the game takes 15-20 hours to complete. Also microtransactions of course!
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal-...0-6456151/
01-17-2018, 04:26 PM
RE: Schurvive Beta impressions and stuff
Looks too shit to play for free.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
01-18-2018, 12:11 AM
Looks like a wet fart in video game form.

There's too much better stuff out there to devote your time and money too, forget this shit.

Metal Gear is well and truly OVER.
01-18-2018, 08:44 AM
Resident Evil fans should like it.
01-18-2018, 10:25 AM
The real ones, or the RE4-6 fans?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-18-2018, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2018 10:57 AM by jdnation.)
Confirmed that you don't need PS+ on PS4 to play online. At least for the Beta...
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=31258

"On PlayStation 4 you won’t need a PlayStation Plus subscription, but on Xbox One Xbox Live Gold is required to play online.

Participating in the beta will give you certain rewards for the full game: a FOX HOUND nameplate, Metal Gear REX head accessory and a bandana for your character.

Note that save data will not carry over to the full game. The game itself will launch February 22nd on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC."

[Image: 2c2.jpg]
01-18-2018, 01:11 PM
Serious answer, most likely RE:ORC and RE:Outbreak fans but I'd hate to get your hopes up.
01-18-2018, 01:17 PM
I have to say, I'm actually kind of surprised those reviewers were so unimpressed. I thought it would maybe be a kind of fun zombie game, but it looks like it really does suck. Also, the melee combat in it doesn't look good at all, you'd think they'd be able to make it more comfortable. I mean, this game really just looks like what you'd joke the game is.
01-18-2018, 01:38 PM
(01-18-2018 01:11 PM)THEND Wrote:  Serious answer, most likely RE:ORC and RE:Outbreak fans but I'd hate to get your hopes up.

I actually didn’t mind ORC.

If they wanted to turn RE into a shooter, they should have just done it from the start rather whatever the fuck hybrid shit RE4 was. Love it all you want, but it was to RE what Rising was to Metal Gear.

At least ORC got the shooting mechanics right. The rest of the game was little shoddy, but it at least got right what it set out to do.

As for MGSurvive...gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-18-2018, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2018 01:53 PM by THEND.)
You actually hate Rising more than PO...

And I'm guessing Resident Evil Survivor is simply not mentioned.... I actually played that too... Just not for more than one hour.
01-18-2018, 02:20 PM
more impressions collected here - Verdict is - M'eh...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lots-of...min.17002/
01-18-2018, 03:39 PM
(01-18-2018 01:38 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  
(01-18-2018 01:11 PM)THEND Wrote:  Serious answer, most likely RE:ORC and RE:Outbreak fans but I'd hate to get your hopes up.

If they wanted to turn RE into a shooter, they should have just done it from the start rather whatever the fuck hybrid shit RE4 was. Love it all you want, but it was to RE what Rising was to Metal Gear.

I always thought RE4 was highly overrated as well, it's a good game but not a very good Resident Evil game, REmake is better in every single way.

I wish the original version of RE4 had been released instead.
01-18-2018, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2018 12:08 AM by SexyKaz.)
Well, I tried it and I think you should too. Just to see how jerky the game feels compared to TPP. If there's something for TPP's favor it was the fun gameplay but somehow the feel's been butchered in Survive's Beta, considering it's the same fucking game with the same fucking

At first you're greeted with a Resident Evil style title screen with an eerie reminiscent to PS2 era games. Not sure it was what they were going for but anyway.

Nice to see that you can select Japanese voices, apparently.

You start by creating your avatar and it's the exact same thing as in TPP. Even the goofy face tattoos are there and no new features have been added. Although it's weird when you try the facial animations it seems to make character's nose and jaw flap like an inner tube in the wind. I swear, it was not like this in MGO3 so what the hell happened here?

Got to love these ellaborate tutorial tips: "Creatures have a sense of sight, they approach figures they see. If they identify you as target, they'll attack you. However, creatures won't discover you, even if you're in their field of vision, if you're hiding behind an object."
How many fucking paragraphs does it take to say "don't get spotted, hide behind walls"??

And then the fucking, I dunno, home-screen, I guess, appears. It explodes with inexplainable shit like "repository" and Peace Walker-style circles and a giant looming screen in the distance that shows your stats and equipment. I mean I don't like when games hold my hand but God damn, there's so much shit.

iDroid shows you basic information like your health, equipment, hunger, thirst and basically the cure menu from MGS3.

Then you try the controls aaaand O is crawl for some fucking reason... You can no longer do the punch-punch-kick combo by pressing R2, but you can grab your enemies for STEALTH KILL. You no longer slide by slide just by pressing square. I did slide a few times but I couldn't figure out how I did it but probably had something to do with sprinting. For whatever reason the slide button is not there anymore and is pretty much the pick-up-shi-from-the-ground button. And boy do you pick up shit from the ground a lot. Why both X and square are contextual buttons is beyond me.

Speaking of things stolen from TPP that don't work how come everything in the controls feel so weird in this even though it's basically the same thing as in TPP? I somehow managed to climb a wall twice the size of me and the game is like "THERE ARE VARIOUS TYPES OF MOVEMENT ACTIONS." Yeah, I bet.

Weirdly enough there's no free roam, but you can play a few salvage missions. You get couple of minutes to get to that one base camp in Afghanistan or that mine in Africa from TPP before the zombies attack at your mineral harvester tank. The stealth element, the staple of the Metal Gear series, is not here to bother you since pretty much all the sneaking you have to perform before this game turns into a tower defense minigame is to avoid a couple of zombies that can do basically no harm to you and pose no threat to the player whatsoever. The combat is pretty much point n' click with melee weapons and if you had enough ammo in ranged weapons a joke. However, there doesn't seem to be a dodge button [there is, after all, n
but you have to buy it] and large groups of enemies can kill you in an instant so you pretty much need those resources to build traps and walls. Also, crawling depletes your stamina for some reason. Also, no first person view mode or binoculars.

Good luck trying to go through the waves with no resources, though since you can't build barricades or traps with none. You do get a lot of shit by logging in such as a shotgun and an assault rifle but you have to equip all that shit. I think you can't bring resources with you on missions but you can craft barricades and other shit in the loadout.

Apparentely no one is playing this game.

There's absolutely nothing that would suck me into this. The colors are dull, the gameplay is clunky, the interace is bloated and the whole concept feels poorly implemented.

So try it no to note that you don't have to buy this when it comes out.
01-19-2018, 12:13 AM
The character creation is probably bare due to Beta version, or because.._ Microtransactions!

Many have complained about the changed controls, and I'm guessing movesets are probably unlocked as you level... Or microtransactions...
01-19-2018, 08:41 AM
Highly un-fucking-likely they'd make any new material for this game. More likely they'll sell resources we've already seen in TPP like Skullface mask or Codetalker hair.

Lord forbid how much I'm gonna pay for RED Skullface mask or Codetalker hair.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)