Retail Current Gen gets price cut
02-25-2014, 06:39 AM
Retail Current Gen gets price cut
Same as digital edition.
http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/metal_...ps4_2.html

So are the fans here with current gen convinced to buy it? Do you think it will even make that much of a difference with the outrage over the price?

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
02-25-2014, 07:12 AM
RE: Retail Current Gen gets price cut
I hate to say this, but the page you linked brings up a 404 Error. Not saying I don't believe you....just saying the link goes to a 404 Error. I Googled "mgsv price cut" and caught a link to GameFAQs saying that Europe's getting a price cut, whilst North America awaits.

Anyway, to answer your question, I think a price-cut is pretty appropriate. $40 isn't full price for a PS4 game, but considering what MGS:GZ has been touted to be, I've been thinking that the price should be cut a little lower. If they're going to sell physical copies for $30, which I believe is the same price as the digital copy, then I'd say that's something, and sort of makes more sense, since most digital versions of games tend to be the same price as their physical counterparts.....though I read weeks back that Kojima recommends downloading the game because the DL'ed version is better quality....but it wasn't some announcement he made; I think it was a response to someone or something else.

I doubt the price-cut will convince people to buy Ground Zeroes, but for me, since I will buy the game regardless, basically it's a scenario of "Oh, I'll buy the game, and I'll save ten dollars to boot." As for what copy I'll buy? Well, obviously I'm buying the physical copy.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
02-25-2014, 09:45 AM
MGSV Ground Zeroes PS4 and Xbox One price lowered
02-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Alternate link here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=774869

Seems this has only taken effect in the UK. American retail prices are still the same. But it's probably just a delay.

Price is a little better, but i'm still waiting on $15 physical.
02-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Probably should have just posted this in the concrete(er) details thread. Still, from the comments it looks like people are already sold by this news. Amazing what a 10 dollar difference will make.

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
02-25-2014, 10:00 PM
(02-25-2014 11:37 AM)Punished Pastry Wrote:  Probably should have just posted this in the concrete(er) details thread. Still, from the comments it looks like people are already sold by this news. Amazing what a 10 dollar difference will make.

Some people will buy almost anything if you tell them its marked down.

Not saying the game's not worth buying just why they get moist over $10.
02-26-2014, 07:13 AM
(02-25-2014 10:00 PM)Solidsuitlarry Wrote:  
(02-25-2014 11:37 AM)Punished Pastry Wrote:  Probably should have just posted this in the concrete(er) details thread. Still, from the comments it looks like people are already sold by this news. Amazing what a 10 dollar difference will make.

Some people will buy almost anything if you tell them its marked down.

Not saying the game's not worth buying just why they get moist over $10.

Some of these people act like it's going to put them on the poverty line. Shit maybe it will for some..

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
02-26-2014, 02:52 PM
I seem to remember something Kojima said a while ago along the lines of there being some sort of upgrade discount from current to next gen if you bought one and get a ps4 later? I think I'm just gonna go with digital for ground zeroes, since I'm still on ps3 and the box art is fucking disgusting.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
02-26-2014, 10:07 PM
Smart move. Even for a Koji Pro game the campaign length was disheartening.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)