Regarding the GZ iPhone app...
07-25-2014, 08:11 AM
Regarding the GZ iPhone app...
...what's the point? It's got the Base Builder and shit meta-game from Piss Stalker, but does that relate to Ground Zeroes at all? Does it also have said shit meta-game, and your progress in one transfers over or what? I know there's some shit where you can use the iPhone as a map ot something, but is my Lv 10 mother-fucker of a Mother Base and my Regiment of Lv 5 Snipers and Heavy Assaulters and Peace Walkers and shit, like, actually worth anything?

Passes the time, regardless, but am I just flat-out wasting my time?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
07-25-2014, 08:30 AM
RE: Regarding the GZ iPhone app...
I figured it was just added on for the hell of it. Never got past working on more than 2 struts or whatever. The map is actually pretty well done so I enjoyed that aspect of it.

as far as wasting your time, I'd say yes. Unless you are on the shitter, Then no.

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
07-25-2014, 08:33 AM
But is what I'm doing on the app gonna affect anything in thw actual game? Does it also have the base builder? And if so, does it have a point?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-25-2014, 11:38 AM
Probably not. Base building in TPP will probably be a bit different. Is there in APP purchases for the base builder? if there is, you have your answer right there lol

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
07-25-2014, 11:41 AM
No, just connectivity with Ground Zeroes.

Fuck this game.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-26-2014, 04:43 AM
It was cool at first but then I decided it was cumbersome to look away from the screen while playing GZ to use my phone as the iDroid. So I stopped using it. The Motherbase portion was cool at first as well. Then you realize it really isn't doing anything for you and is pointless.

[Image: tumblr_mt0datDwt91rt6u7do1_400.gif]
PSN ID: BigBoss599
07-26-2014, 05:56 AM
I assumed that base-building played some role in GZ, and that my progress would be carrying over or something, but if not, XHamster drains the same amount of battery and makes my penis much happier.

Though if there is one moment that made this app worth-while, it was sending Huey into the first battle leading a Lv 5 heavy trooper, declaring victory three minutes later, and checking on the sitrep to find Huey in critical condition, ha ha!

Guess I shouldn't have sent a REMF to lead a combat op, but it was still kinda funny.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)