Press are playing MGSV / MGO
05-12-2015, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2015 09:13 AM by jdnation.)
Press are playing MGSV / MGO
Similar to what they did with MGS4, select press are playing the entirety of MGSV and MGO, Presumaby for last minute feedback.

Its happening in L.A. Embargos go up on June 9th, around E3.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044907
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044898

- Described as a big Open-world Peace Walker 2
- You can capture bears in the game
- Lots of things to do. Lots!
- Some Chinese people have leaked the chapters already.
- All missions end with credit sequences like those in Ground Zeroes - dat episodic feel
- You can shower at Mother Base.

[Image: CE0bAn0UsAEpbN8.jpg]

Twitter impressions
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php...tcount=119

[Image: CE0fAcmXIAI_OWJ.jpg]

[Image: zrb6mQg.png]
05-12-2015, 11:26 AM
RE: Press are playing MGSV / MGO
Why 3 months prior the release?
05-12-2015, 11:47 AM
(05-12-2015 09:04 AM)jdnation Wrote:  - All missions end with credit sequences like those in Ground Zeroes

Further proof that Ground Zeroes is just the foreskin to the circumsized Phantom Pain. Literally no reason they should ever have been separated in the first place.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
05-12-2015, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2015 12:43 PM by jdnation.)
(05-12-2015 11:26 AM)SexyKaz Wrote:  Why 3 months prior the release?

MGS4 did the same thing. Basically Kojima wants feedback based on the entirety of the game from actual players. I doubt anyone at this event will end up doing any final review.

Also given the game is pretty much done with only much polishing and other minor things, Konami is feeling confident the product will be veryw ell received, and from impressions it sounds like everyone's loving it.

Also Konami probably originally intended on taking a few months just to market the shit out of it... though well... present situation and all... Fiddle

[Image: izXU4yT.png]

[Image: CE0kWumWgAAZnxM.jpg]

Greg Miller is there too.

[Image: CE0-E07W8AAlJVd.jpg]

"Despite recent concerns, MGSV is still a Kojima game through and through. Right down to the humor. #MGSVPreview"

"The "showering" that was talked about before did in fact refer to an actual shower room at Mother Base you can use. #MGSVPreview"

""Hanging out with my wolf pup pal on Mother Base. He likes getting his belly scratched. #MGSVpreview"

The showers are there for you to wash the blood off after a mission.
https://twitter.com/metalgear_en/status/...7948064768

I'M NUCLUER!!!! AM WILLLDDD!!!!
[Image: lVCgUn7.gif]

Post trauma...
[Image: 500x600px-LL-cf53a710_3306798-1531996832-tumbl.gif]
05-12-2015, 01:01 PM
I like the mech but I would like to ride a Gekko and/or a Raptor.

Can you imagine if Konami, getting even "crazier", were to sell the MG franchise to Disney and this one if were to mix franchises: Iron Big Boss riding an AT-GEAR.

[Image: Zanzibarlandsymbol.jpg]
05-12-2015, 01:35 PM
So you can shower, at Mother Base -great. I guess that since horses can take a dump in the middle of the gameplay, then maybe Snake can also take a BIG dump back at Mother Base? And read the paper on the toilet?

Whatever. So much for "tactical espionage", whatever that used to mean, other than shooting tranq darts at people faces.

And yes, three months ahead of release, is a helluvalot of time, so lets get ready for massive tidal waves of publicity, gossip, gibberish, images, trivia, debased commentaries, rereleases of prior games like popcorn.

I just hope we all here not get real sick before we get to play the actual game. And I really cant be bothered by a long list of end titles at the end of each and every mission or chapter, whatever they call it.
05-12-2015, 03:37 PM
I'm guessing the end titles might likely be there also because Kojima mentioned the idea of user-created missions, and so we can attach our own names to the credits. Which could be neat. If they're like Ground Zeroes I imagine they're just as short (about 10 secs), and probably there to mask loading.

[Image: H2rpa5m.png]
[Image: Untitled.png]

I expect some spoilers will definitely leak... just like last time!
[Image: 18s40rrktsp3yjpg.jpg]
05-13-2015, 01:41 AM
Oh man, I remember that one. There was a theory that Snake was supposed to disguise himself as Big Boss for reasons.

Fuck, even that would've been better than the actual Big Boss encounter we got.
05-13-2015, 07:47 AM
Why do you figure the testers are mentioning "Peace Walker"? Can't really get around that, also as I didn't fall especially for PW.
05-13-2015, 08:28 AM
Probably because it was the last game and is similar?

You might as well ask why people mentioned MGS1 when they were previewing MGS2.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
05-13-2015, 08:46 AM
They're mentioning Peace Walker because of the whole...y'know....MOTHER BASE THING?

Old Shank Wrote:"Get down from here we want toast!," Snake demanded.
05-13-2015, 10:50 AM
(05-13-2015 07:47 AM)PoisonSnake Wrote:  Why do you figure the testers are mentioning "Peace Walker"? Can't really get around that, also as I didn't fall especially for PW.

It's primarily due to the chapter/mission structure, recruitment, Side-Ops and Mother Base stuff that was introduced in Peace Walker.

Yong gathers up the good stuff. Large interior environments are there, and it sounds like the Press are only playing the first chapter, not the entire game.

05-13-2015, 11:54 AM
(05-13-2015 10:50 AM)jdnation Wrote:  Large interior environments
[Image: Kip----Yesss--napoleon-dynamite.gif]
05-13-2015, 08:53 PM
Fuck Kim Wilde, how about Hall and Oates?
05-14-2015, 08:23 AM
Mujahideen confirmed! I bet the goats work the same as 'book' on them.

Old Shank Wrote:"Get down from here we want toast!," Snake demanded.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)