Old myth article made new
05-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Old myth article made new
Those of you who have been following The 'Soup for a while may have a feeling that the latest update seems... nostalgic. Well, I already wrote a myth article covering the subject, but I had a lingering question much later. The entire myth article is written from scratch with the old and new evidence.

I also redid the images and am experimenting with a new formatting technique but that's not the meat and bones of this article. If you haven't read it already, check it out. If you have, maybe the new evidence will make things more concrete?

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
05-12-2011, 11:40 PM

Another one bites the dust.

That was one of the Myth articles I had not read (I personally thought it was just tacked on later as the script needs changed in a later game) but a nice read anyway.

You should do a Myth article about Paz in PW. I'm tired of hearing LOLI LOL.
05-13-2011, 02:20 AM

Quote:Wither or not the ommision was strange or not is a completely different argument.
wat

And unfortunately, I don't think this is going to get people to stop bitching. I've posted that countless times on MGSForums and there are still idiots (like Weedle_McHairybug) that call it a contradiction.

Cool Stuff I Worked On:
Seeing Things For What They Are - Raiden & Rose Analysis
MYTH: Hideo Kojima said that Portable Ops and Metal Gear Rising are canonical
Metal Gear Solid V: Parasitic Legacy
05-13-2011, 11:07 AM

When arguing with children and ignorant folk, you always lose.
05-13-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:Whether or not the ommision was strange or not is a completely different argument.
wat

Also, could you clarify that you think Campbell is talking about the fact that Snake killed Big Boss? I don't think you state it explicitly.
05-13-2011, 02:09 PM

Nice update.

I think it would also make sense for Big Boss to have told Snake during Outer Heaven. Then in MG2 when Snake says "I came to get rid of the nightmares I've been having for the past three years. " that bears a deeper meaning and aligns well with Snake's patricidal trauma which Psycho Mantis speaks of in MGS1.
05-13-2011, 05:43 PM

TheParoxysm Wrote:You should do a Myth article about Paz in PW. I'm tired of hearing LOLI LOL.
Do people actually believe this, or is it a lack of knowing the plot twist?
UnclGhost Wrote:Also, could you clarify that you think Campbell is talking about the fact that Snake killed Big Boss? I don't think you state it explicitly.
Huh. I thought I already included that. I'll add it.
The Chosen Wrote:I think it would also make sense for Big Boss to have told Snake during Outer Heaven. Then in MG2 when Snake says "I came to get rid of the nightmares I've been having for the past three years. "
That's a good point I never considered.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
05-13-2011, 06:12 PM

Ravi Singh Wrote:
TheParoxysm Wrote:You should do a Myth article about Paz in PW. I'm tired of hearing LOLI LOL.

They actually believe it. I've replied in disagreement to far too many Youtube posts relating how PW is about pedophilia and he took the job for the little girl. Yadda, yadda. They don't listen, period.
05-13-2011, 06:16 PM

Well I don't know. It would be like writing an article about the "Meryl lives" ending being canon when Guns of the Patriots sealed the deal. I do think the EXTRA OPS are often misunderstood to be canon, but I don't have any proof that they are non-canon.

05-13-2011, 06:34 PM

Ravi Singh Wrote:Well I don't know. It would be like writing an article about the "Meryl lives" ending being canon when Guns of the Patriots sealed the deal. I do think the EXTRA OPS are often misunderstood to be canon, but I don't have any proof that they are non-canon.

Those dinosaurs sure do wrap up the plot though, you have to admit. Having a huge fucking rubber band launcher for humans into giant tanks too.
05-13-2011, 06:58 PM

TheParoxysm Wrote:
Ravi Singh Wrote:

They actually believe it. I've replied in disagreement to far too many Youtube posts relating how PW is about pedophilia and he took the job for the little girl. Yadda, yadda. They don't listen, period.
TheParoxysm Wrote:Youtube
Oh, well, that explains it.

Punished John Wrote:
PUNISHED RONOK
Does not exist
05-14-2011, 10:21 AM

Most of the MGS fandom, (this the majority which drives games and the common opinions of such) do not belong to MGS forums, and likely any forum. Let's make no mistake. After every post on Youtube I dust the dirt from my feet as I go to a new URL.
06-20-2011, 08:05 AM

The Chosen Wrote:I think it would also make sense for Big Boss to have told Snake during Outer Heaven.

How about before that? Like, before he underwent his first mission?

This is my signature. Like you give a fuck.
06-21-2011, 05:04 AM

Elman Wrote:
The Chosen Wrote:I think it would also make sense for Big Boss to have told Snake during Outer Heaven.

How about before that? Like, before he underwent his first mission?

Yeah, I don't know about that one. Seems like he probably didn't tell him too early on. There might be more of chemistry, negative or otherwise, if he knew for a great deal of time when BB was still not crispy.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/eOs_tL8arts[/youtube]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)