Old Snake IS Logan
05-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Old Snake IS Logan
Hideo Kojima on 'Logan' vs 'Metal Gear Solid'
http://www.glixel.com/news/hideo-kojima-...id-w480755

"By borrowing elements from Mark Millar and Steve McNiven's 2008 story Old Man Logan, director James Mangold strips Wolverine of his powers and replaces them with the burden of old age. The beginning of the movie shows how Logan has all but lost his reason to live. No longer able to heal, and being slowly poisoned by his adamantium skeleton, the mostly-powerless hero lives out his days near the Mexican border as a limo driver. An aging Professor X – now suffering from Alzheimer's and unable to control his telepathic skills – lives with him. In this world, mutants are on the verge of extinction and Logan has lost his place. The universe where superheroes thrived is a distant memory.

Back in 2008, I did something similar when I put an old Solid Snake into Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. In the intro, Snake says "War has changed." His codename was also changed to "Old Snake." The letters "I" and "S" were removed from the word SOLID: "is" – or in other words "being" – had been taken away from him; he was now Old Snake. In much the same way, both Snake and Logan had their place in the world taken away from them. What place is there in the world for those whose very being has been wrested from them? All that remains is the end of their story – a story of their departure. I attempted to pull the same trick you see in Logan – of simultaneously writing an "end" for MGS4 while trying not to actually end the whole saga."

Except Kojima, in LOGAN, the filmmakers actually had the balls to
SPOILER:Kill Logan.
05-06-2017, 02:47 PM
RE: Old Snake IS Logan
I actually enjoyed MGS4 up until the credits started rolling. Once that finale segment played though, it damn-near ruined the entire series for me.

As for Logan, that movie was pretty sick, but way too much fucking fuck-fuck with a fuck on top, fuck. Bit the difference isn't that they had the guts to kill Logan whereas Kojima couldn't kill Snake. Kojima castrated Snake and ruined his entire character by making him incapable of seeing it through.

Logan gave the character a fitting end; MGS4 made Snake a pussy with zero integrity.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
05-06-2017, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 03:43 PM by DarthCaligula.)
I missed a couple minutes of the beginning of Logan, so maybe I missed something, but what happened to the X-Men? Why do we only see Logan caring for Charles? What happened to Cyclops, Storm, and the others?

And you actually enjoyed the story until the credits? Seriously? I felt embarrassed as a Metal Gear fan for playing it, and the ending was just Kojima's final middle finger.

And yeah, Logan was way better than MGS4 obviously.
05-06-2017, 03:50 PM
I didn't like it as much as any previous game, but I didn't hate it until the useless "twist."

Charles mind-raped the X-Men and made them all remember every instance of seeing a guy wearing skinny-jeans simultaneously, and the sheer anger blew their brains up. Or something.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

05-09-2017, 02:37 PM
Killing off fictional characters doesn't require balls, nor does making shitty X-Men movies
05-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Sure takes balls to make that statement though!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)