Official Ground Zeroes XOF sticker is F'd up
03-11-2014, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 04:35 PM by Nike Schneider.)
Official Ground Zeroes XOF sticker is F'd up
So there's a promotional campaign at a Japanese retailer for Ground Zeroes involving FOX and XOF stickers. I think you can get the stickers if you basically buy anything Ground Zeroes related. Cool. You can read more here http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/japanese...403&id=420

[Image: toplelxof.jpg]

But wait. Something looks off about the XOF logo. It's just a literal inverted FOX logo. You might think "Well yeah, that's what the XOF logo is," except, well...

[Image: 8.-Metal_Gear_Ground_Zeroes_XOF_badges.jpg]

...it's not.

[Image: xofoff.jpg]

If I were to give the people responsible for designing/printing the stickers a grade, I guess it would have to be a backwards "F."

UPDATE: Konami fixed it:

[Image: 20140312_gz_style.jpg]

Interesting. Wonder what will happen to those misprints now.

[Image: sokolovplz.jpg]

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
03-12-2014, 04:41 AM
RE: Official Ground Zeroes XOF sticker is F'd up
I always tought it was just a design choice.

I mean, you already see the fox inverted and the name backwards mean it's the opposite or mirrored version. But it doesn't mean its letter has to be flipped too. In a silly example, just as Alucard is Dracula backwards but doesn't have the letters flipped
03-12-2014, 07:31 AM
Sure, but my point is that the promotional materials don't match the source material. It's not a big deal, its just funny that the people who made them probably just thought the XOF logo was simply an inverted FOX logo.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
03-12-2014, 08:54 AM
How could they screw that up? I mean, I know it's kind of meant to be an inverse FOX emblem, but people with eyes would see that the 'F' isn't reversed.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
03-12-2014, 11:58 AM
(03-12-2014 08:54 AM)Old Gross Wrote:  How could they screw that up? I mean, I know it's kind of meant to be an inverse FOX emblem, but people with eyes would see that the 'F' isn't reversed.

english as a 2nd language
spite
made in china
all of the above
03-12-2014, 02:29 PM
For whatever reason Konami drops the ball on shit like this. Nothing will ever be more cringe worthy than when they marketed this...

[Image: snakehoodie.gif]
03-12-2014, 02:40 PM
Was everything cringeworthy about Metal Gear related to Guns of the Patriots?

03-12-2014, 03:51 PM
(03-11-2014 11:53 PM)Punished Singh Wrote:  So there's a promotional campaign at a Japanese retailer for Ground Zeroes involving FOX and XOF stickers. I think you can get the stickers if you basically buy anything Ground Zeroes related. Cool. You can read more here http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/japanese...403&id=420

[Image: 20140312_gz_style.jpg]

But wait. Something looks off about the XOF logo. It's just a literal inverted FOX logo. You might think "Well yeah, that's what the XOF logo is," except, well...

[Image: 8.-Metal_Gear_Ground_Zeroes_XOF_badges.jpg]

...it's not.

[Image: xofoff.jpg]

If I were to give the people responsible for designing/printing the stickers a grade, I guess it would have to be a backwards "F."

What the hell are you all talking about? In the first picture, the "F" looks the same on each patch. In the second picture, those are the XOF patches from the trailer, and the "F" is not reversed, like in the first picture. In the third picture, the "F" in Ravi's little inserted picture is reversed for some reason, while the patches yet again have the "F" normal.
I'm seriously not seeing what you guys are talking about.
03-12-2014, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 04:29 PM by Nike Schneider.)
HOLY SHIT THEY FIXED IT!

DarthCaligula, originally the "F" in the XOF stickers in the first image were backwards. The XOF patch I inserted into the third image is from the original. The first image is from Konami's website so they probably updated it.

Now I wonder what will happen to the hundreds of misprinted stickers.

03-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Where did you get the sticker in the comparison shot? Did you reverse it yourself? I'm confused.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
03-12-2014, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 04:35 PM by Nike Schneider.)
I edited the original post with an update. Hope that explains everything.

03-12-2014, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 04:43 PM by DarthCaligula.)
OK, I just thought you were all stupid or something. I kept looking at those images trying to understand what you were talking about, and finally figured that you were just looking for something to get pissed about. Now it all makes sense.
03-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Also, wasn't pissed. Made the same conclusion as this guy did:

(03-12-2014 11:58 AM)nanoMACHINEgun Wrote:  english as a 2nd language
spite
made in china
all of the above

03-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Well maybe "pissed" is the wrong word. I just thought you were trying to find something to complain about, and weren't going to let the facts get in the way dammit!
03-12-2014, 05:49 PM
(03-12-2014 02:40 PM)Punished Singh Wrote:  Was everything cringeworthy about Metal Gear related to Guns of the Patriots?

That whole game was cringeworthy. Otacon fucked his stepmom cringeworthy. God I hope that scene is in the movie.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)