No reward for 100% completion [spoiler]
03-24-2014, 11:34 AM
No reward for 100% completion [spoiler]
[Image: 100percentgz.jpg]

I've been told by a few people who have finally hit 100% completion on Ground Zeroes that there is nothing unlocked.

Kind of a bummer. The story could use something more, maybe in the form of a phone call tape or something. If not that, a simple item (there's only one item in the entire game I believe, the night vision goggles) that gives unlimited ammo or similar effects to stealth camouflage would have been nice. At least we got the Cyborg Ninja suit in Deja Vu though.

SOURCE: @Zak57TR, @ASnakeNeverDies, among others

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
03-24-2014, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2014 12:21 PM by Old Gross.)
RE: No reward for 100% completion [spoiler]
I shouldn't have wandered into this thread, but I couldn't help but notice anyway. Oh well...

....actually, I thought you earn that Beyond The Bounds cassette when you achieve 100%. Or do you earn that by other means?

I guess, unless something comes up along the way, achievement of 100% completion will serve as a personal accomplishment. Konami's servers will likely get the information as well....hence why I think it would be cool if something came up for us 100%-achievers whilst we wait for The Phantom Pain.

EDIT/UPDATE
Oops, "us"? I don't have 100%.....not yet.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
03-24-2014, 12:25 PM
No, Beyond the Bounds is unlocked by completing every mission on Hard.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
03-24-2014, 12:40 PM
(03-24-2014 12:25 PM)Punished Singh Wrote:  No, Beyond the Bounds is unlocked by completing every mission on Hard.
Oh, okay.

The last Hard mission I've yet to accomplish is Ground Zeroes; I've been putting that off until I collected all the Chico tapes and stuff, but now it's only a matter of time before I begin tackling it. After that, then comes asS-ranking everything (Normal Déjà Vu & its Hard mode and other Hard missions).

"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
03-24-2014, 03:34 PM
I've tried the main mission on Hard and each time I get slaughtered. So I'm just going to try to find all the patches and tapes on Normal until I'm good enough to actually take on Hard. I'm really surprised with just how difficult this game is, and I like it. Games these days just feel too easy to me. It's hard to explain, but playing this game just takes me back to old school gaming in a way.
03-24-2014, 09:39 PM
(03-24-2014 03:34 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  I've tried the main mission on Hard and each time I get slaughtered. So I'm just going to try to find all the patches and tapes on Normal until I'm good enough to actually take on Hard. I'm really surprised with just how difficult this game is, and I like it. Games these days just feel too easy to me. It's hard to explain, but playing this game just takes me back to old school gaming in a way.
I feel the same way, actually. Despite some necessary tweaks, I hope they don't dumb down the difficulty when The Phantom Pain comes out.

03-25-2014, 12:16 AM
I found several maoi statue in the mission "Intel operative rescue". There is a sound when you shoot on it and Kaz reacted. There are probably more. I have searching on youtube and find this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuwfigRSVJY
Maybe a clue to unlock something ?
03-25-2014, 12:19 AM
They're for one of the extra trials during the HARD mode version of the level.

I speak English, Japanese, and Spanish... I still have no fucking clue what you just said.
03-25-2014, 12:31 AM
(03-25-2014 12:19 AM)SolidSnarf86 Wrote:  They're for one of the extra trials during the HARD mode version of the level.
Damn, I don't doing this mission in hard mode yet. My bad!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)