New myth article regarding Ground Zeroes' length
03-24-2014, 09:30 AM
New myth article regarding Ground Zeroes' length
http://thesnakesoup.org/myth-articles/my...-hour-game

Kind of got tired of people talking about "$30 for ten minutes" and actually being serious about it.

Yes I still plan on writing an editorial with my opinions on Ground Zeroes. In due time, friends.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
03-24-2014, 11:01 AM
RE: New myth article regarding Ground Zeroes' length
Quote:Kind of got tired of people talking about "$30 for ten minutes"

I think we all did. The article was good.
Though your best articles are the ones where you analyse the story. Would like to see more of those in the future.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
03-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Decent. It's missing the pseudo-cynical sense of humor that made your past articles so enjoyable, though.

This is my signature. Like you give a fuck.
03-24-2014, 12:26 PM
That's true. My next editorial will be a return to form.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
03-24-2014, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2014 02:30 PM by Neo Heaven.)
While I still ascertain that the game is a glorified demo (in a facetious manner) due to content, and not the length of one mission, I do agree with your points. Using speed runs as a way to measure a game's length is dodgy. If GZ is only 10 minutes then GTA V is only 9 hours (which apparently is considered short to a lot of people) as opposed to the 30+ hours people normally put into the game.

Even PW's time can be shortened if you're really experienced with the game. On the PSP I managed to do most of the content in about 120 hours, but when I got it on PS3, I did even more (S-Ranking all missions) in about half that time.

With the side-ops, and challenges I could probably see myself putting in about 15 or so hours, but I didn't feel that was enough to justify a purchase. I did debate buying it, but opted to just get it once TPP is close to release to see if they bundled them together.
03-24-2014, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2014 03:17 PM by Punished Shinobi.)
Of course, the game is much longer gameplay wise as your regular demo. I wouldn't argue that. Still nothing I want to see for Metal Gear in the future.

The Times Wrote:
Punished Shinobi
A Member who lost his Past
[Image: 2r77bkm.jpg]
03-24-2014, 09:40 PM
Shit I put 100+ hours into GTA5 and called it a day when I finished the final mission.

But yeah GZ does seem to have a whole mess of replay value but I can see where people are coming from considering other MGS games have largely been a 1 playthu deal.
03-26-2014, 05:51 PM
Since many people play Metal Gear for the story (even if they can't admit it) I don't think most people want to count cutscene-less non-canonical missions in the playtime.

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children
03-26-2014, 06:11 PM
That was addressed in the article. Expect more of those cutscene-less non-canonical missions in The Phantom Pain.

03-27-2014, 02:57 PM
I was hoping you'd still have those little image captions, was not disappointed.

Gameplay time aside, would you say it is still overpriced comparatively for the medium?

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
03-29-2014, 05:40 PM
Oh fuck yeah I love the image captions!
03-29-2014, 08:43 PM
(03-27-2014 02:57 PM)Fight the Future Wrote:  Gameplay time aside, would you say it is still overpriced comparatively for the medium?

I'm not a gamer. I cannot comment on it comparatively with other titles as a result.

The game is not a demo and has a ton of content that would absolutely not be in a "demo." I can see this sort of thing being released for free as a "beta" but a "demo"? Fuck no. However, I cannot comment on the price itself. I always thought $40 was a bit much. $20 for the digital version of the last gen version is a fucking steal though.

03-29-2014, 11:01 PM
I think this game is a lot of fun. I'd say that this is the biggest advancement of gameplay in the series since MGS2.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)