New myth article on Ground Zeroes' alleged "reward"
04-10-2014, 06:32 AM
New myth article on Ground Zeroes' alleged "reward"
"Rewarded" is the new "demo" in reviews for Ground Zeroes.

http://thesnakesoup.org/myth-articles/my...und-zeroes

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
04-10-2014, 10:03 AM
RE: New myth article on Ground Zeroes' alleged "reward"
Great read. I hope a lot of people see it. The whole controversy reminds me of when news outlets got ahold of GTA for the first time and started twisting the nature of the whole hooker killing thing. Or the Mass Effect sex box scandal. Ugh. To be fair, though, the truth about the hookers in GTA wasn't much better than the way people made it sound.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
04-10-2014, 10:42 AM
(04-10-2014 10:03 AM)Mexican Sting Wrote:  To be fair, though, the truth about the hookers in GTA wasn't much better than the way people made it sound.

Killing hookers never leads to wads of cash, only unwarranted attention.
04-10-2014, 03:34 PM
While gameplay and plot are different entities within a game, I do see the similarities between the "You are rewarded with [plot specifics]" and "You are rewarded for [gameplay specifics]" argument.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
04-10-2014, 05:27 PM
Pretty cool article. Now I want someone in the game to get a sex change.
04-10-2014, 07:27 PM
[Image: Naughty-Naked-Snake-MGS-by_zombiesandwich.jpg]

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

04-10-2014, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 09:15 PM by Da Vinci.)
(04-10-2014 07:27 PM)Mexican Sting Wrote:  [Image: Naughty-Naked-Snake-MGS-by_zombiesandwich.jpg]

I call misandry.

Now where are the kotaku articles about the sexualization of men being portrayed here?

Oh wait i forgot, that would imply a less women-centric attitude in regards to the current video game industry.

And more importantly, it's played for jokes, hah funny...right?

Sexy abs though (fun mode enabled).
04-10-2014, 09:30 PM
I would actually love if they had that costume in Phantom Pain. It'd be kinda like sporting the Gold&Silver outfit in God Hand.
04-10-2014, 10:04 PM
It's always entertaining to see you break down "professional reviews" and point out the stupidity of their reviewers.

Quote:I call misandry.

You just reminded me that Raiden is completely naked in the Arsenal Gear scene of MGS2. Sexualization.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
04-10-2014, 11:39 PM
Yep the double standards and hypocracy of every shithead who cries "MISOGYNY!" pisses me off.

Looking forward to reading the article Ravi (great to see you're writing again).
04-11-2014, 05:30 AM
Jesus christ. It's starting to piss me off how I can't turn a corner on this site without someone complaining about someone complaining about misogyny. Seriously, what the fuck? The industry's demographic is changing to be slightly more inclusive, get over it.

04-11-2014, 05:33 AM
I want to complain about Mexican Sting complaining about us complaining about someone complaining about misogyny.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
04-11-2014, 06:34 AM
(04-11-2014 05:30 AM)Mexican Sting Wrote:  Jesus christ. It's starting to piss me off how I can't turn a corner on this site without someone complaining about someone complaining about misogyny. Seriously, what the fuck? The industry's demographic is changing to be slightly more inclusive, get over it.

Same thing can be said for people who take issue with games being dumbed down for a mainstream audience.
04-11-2014, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 10:28 PM by DarthCaligula.)
wut r u talkin abot wile u lisen to the tape if u pres up up down down left rite left rite squar tryangul select start u get bonus rape paz levil an u get mor ponnts 4 raping her

Also, kind of related to this, after hearing Paz's happier tapes (which I assume are from Peace Walker) I kind of understand now what Jaqui was talking about. What's with all this stuff about Strangelove pretty much feeling Paz up while putting tanning lotion on her and even worse, Miller pulling his pants down around her all the time? Really Kojima?
04-11-2014, 11:36 PM
Oh you wacky Japanese with your turkey slapping.

Wait...that's us Australians.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)