New editorial: "I am Jack's Revenge"
12-18-2011, 04:24 AM
New editorial: "I am Jack's Revenge"
I wanted to write this much sooner, but I had much too much to do. I still do but I managed to pull it off.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
12-18-2011, 05:04 AM

Hahaha, that was great!

"It's like... I feel... I feel at peace. Like, I don't have to care about Metal Gear anymore! I'm done! I'll pirate it, uninstall it, and just forget about it. Then whenever someone talks about a new Metal Gear game, I can just laugh, and... well, yeah."
-Paraphrased from Zerim's voice chat

Cool Stuff I Worked On:
Seeing Things For What They Are - Raiden & Rose Analysis
MYTH: Hideo Kojima said that Portable Ops and Metal Gear Rising are canonical
Metal Gear Solid V: Parasitic Legacy
12-18-2011, 06:31 AM

Good work. This needed to be said.

HORSE STEALTH
12-18-2011, 08:42 AM

well kojima said that he wanted rising to be a mindless stupid fun game... they've archived it, glad they won't be doing an interquel anymore i got sick of that.

[Image: banner.jpg]
12-18-2011, 09:45 AM

I was shitting on my computer screen in 2010 `3`

took weeks to clean it

Nah, I did dislike the 2010 trailer but then Shigenobu reassured me with false hope and promises.

To be fair, I sort of expected MGS:R to be a mix of Arkham Asylum and Tenchu design but faster paced and with some intense action sequences thrown into the mix so that people can "CUT AT WILL" -- hope would probably be a better term.
12-18-2011, 09:56 AM

The series was dead long before this, but I can see where some of this "outrage" comes from when this isn't a cellphone game but what was expected to be a follow up to MGS4, and the older version was dressed up with Shinto watercolours to make it seem like a higher quality, marginally more serious release than this (even when it's the same thing). I don't think people understand what realistic means, they are probably talking about the tone of it. Then again, Metal Gear was frequently this stupid already.

print is dead
12-18-2011, 10:19 AM

That MGS4 Sallaryman game looks hilarious. I'd love to play that.

On the article itself, I agree for the most part. If you were looking forward to Rising before but not now, what's wrong with you?

I personally feel the opposite; before I was worried it would screw up too much and cause too many plot holes, but now I'm happy that it's going to be a cheesy spin-off so I can enjoy it for what it is, rather than be pissed at its inclusion in the main series.
12-18-2011, 08:34 PM

Great article bro.
12-18-2011, 09:56 PM

At first I was kind of picturing something like the section of MGS2 where you run through Arsenal with the sword and have the option of either killing everyone or stunning them with the HFB, and I was at least interested, but I have to say, the new trailer kind of annoyed me. I wasn't exactly looking forward to a game set between 2 and 4 just because I needed to know what happens between them, but I'd really prefer it to this particular extension of the series canon.
12-18-2011, 10:19 PM

How about this. We pretend that this doesn't have anything to do with the Metal Gear universe.

*watches trailer*

HOLY BALLS THIS LOOKS AWESOME!

[Image: Linktube-1.jpg]

Playing Metal Gear is like riding a blike- Drunk Econs
12-18-2011, 10:36 PM

Linktube Wrote:How about this. We pretend that this doesn't have anything to do with the Metal Gear universe.

*watches trailer*

HOLY BALLS THIS LOOKS AWESOME!
This.

Quote:
PUNISHED JIKO
[Image: GIF_zps1a97fccb.gif]
12-18-2011, 10:57 PM

I knew this article wouldn't dissapoint.

Punished John Wrote:
PUNISHED RONOK
Does not exist
12-19-2011, 01:22 AM

UnclGhost Wrote:At first I was kind of picturing something like the section of MGS2 where you run through Arsenal with the sword and have the option of either killing everyone or stunning them with the HFB, and I was at least interested, but I have to say, the new trailer kind of annoyed me. I wasn't exactly looking forward to a game set between 2 and 4 just because I needed to know what happens between them, but I'd really prefer it to this particular extension of the series canon.

The thing i was looking forwrad to the most was playing as normal Raiden at the beginning then seeing his transformation. all in the beautiful Fox Engine.

think the difference between both games is MGS: Rising is like a symphony where Revengance is like a Rock Ballad
12-19-2011, 01:51 AM

Great article, it's great first step for Koj to let go finally.

[Image: sig.gif]
12-19-2011, 04:31 AM

The original story really did sound cool but to be honest I think we would have gotten MGS4 again. More story than game. If they made a novel or a short movie out of the events from MGS2 - MGS4 that would be fine with me.

[Image: Linktube-1.jpg]

Playing Metal Gear is like riding a blike- Drunk Econs

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)