Naked Snake was a mistake
05-28-2016, 12:30 AM
Naked Snake was a mistake
Remember when Big Boss was his own character, and not just a shameless rip-off of Solid Snake right down to the bandana and the 'iconic' voice, in a sad attempt to conciliate the backlash from Sons of Liberty?

[Image: 10472064_636076376494869_935957261_n.jpg]

Who would have thought back then that Big Boss would turn out to be such an influential, heroic figure!

[Image: MUOCd49.jpg]

YEAH, I'M BIG BOSS
05-28-2016, 03:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 04:50 AM by John Doom.)
RE: Naked Snake was a mistake
No one is "evil" from birth Big Grin , so I think Naked Snake's portrayal in MGS3 makes sense. Character-wise, MGS3 was probably all we needed to see of his story: that's when he's given the title Big Boss, loses his eye (though this retcons MG2's manual, but whatever), develops a hatred for politics and his government, and is considered to be the leader of new special forces.
The problem is that Big Boss (IIRC) was never actually portrayed as a true hero before PO and especially PW, which is why it feels like he was retconned: before PW, his actions were always dictated by his needing to expand his army and accomplish his own dream, never to fight for the others or for a "greater good":
So, I agree that Naked Snake might've been a mistake character-wise, but specifically because of his portrayal after MGS3.
05-28-2016, 05:57 AM
(05-28-2016 03:13 AM)John Doom Wrote:  No one is "evil" from birth...

Speak for yourself, skank!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
05-28-2016, 11:03 AM
I actually did like John's portrayal in Snake Eater, I'd rather he didn't have the bandana and his voice actor should have been changed, but it's ironic that a game that was intended to show why Big Boss became so unhinged in the first place actually lead to this reverse effect where, somehow, Big Boss is the hero of the series!

The fact that people are getting this guy tattooed onto their body kind of says enough, though I guess there's something poetic in some old guy walking around with a shitty, faded Big Boss tattoo.

YEAH, I'M BIG BOSS
05-28-2016, 11:13 AM
People don't get Metal Gear tattoos because Metal Gear is incredible; people get Metal Gear tattoos because people are fucking stupid.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

05-28-2016, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 09:17 PM by YEAH.)
Haha wait, is that why there are more people with BB than Solid Snake tattoos?

[Image: EzWiXXW.jpg]

YEAH, I'M BIG BOSS
05-28-2016, 12:59 PM
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hope that's your tattoo!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

05-28-2016, 04:53 PM
If I get one on my arse cheek and send a picture to Kojima do you think he'll retweet it?

YEAH, I'M BIG BOSS
05-28-2016, 08:02 PM
Only if you get half of Solid's face on one cheek and half of liquid's on the other.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

05-28-2016, 09:01 PM
Les Derrière Terribles, I like it

YEAH, I'M BIG BOSS
05-29-2016, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2016 10:17 AM by DarthCaligula.)
But Big Boss is so complex and deep man! His story is so tragic and complicated, like how he misinterpreted the Boss's will! He's so COMPLEX maaaaaaan! Like, when he fights Solid Snake, it's not like he's a bad person man, he's just got a different way of seeing things, and like, Solid Snake is just being used! I mean, yeah, Solid Snake is pretty cool too, but Big Boss was so much more interesting, and way more complex! Big Boss had WAY more personality than Solid Snake. Solid Snake was used by Zero man, so he killed guys who weren't all that bad, like Big Boss and Solidus, but you know, he's still pretty cool. But not as cool as Big Boss!

The best tattoo I ever saw was when I was sitting on the bus and there was this woman in front of me who had the Serenity Prayer, you know:

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference."

Only here's the thing. Instead of "accept" in the first line, it said "except". I managed not to laugh, and I knew if I told the dumb bitch that she'd probably scream at me or something, you know White Trash, but this is just so hilarious. This means that the dumb bitch and her idiot tattooist BOTH don't know grammar and missed this. Or I wonder if she wrote it on some paper, brought it in, and the tattooist noticed the mistake, and decided to put it on anyway, just so she'd walk around with this idiotic grammatical error on her body for the rest of her life.
05-29-2016, 05:02 PM
I love bad tattoos. I love knowing that they'll be there forever and I really love when the dumb cunt knows it's all fucked up and has to live with it.

Bad choices should equal bad feelings. That's fucking life.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

05-31-2016, 06:41 PM
Pfffttt.... Real Metal Gear fans know who the true Boss is.

They don't get wimpy tattoos. They get medical stitches!

[Image: 407418d1352661981-staples-stitches-medic...ples-9.jpg]

Chicks get caesarians.
06-01-2016, 06:20 AM
And Trannies get roboticized!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)