Mission 51 Cut (Spoilers)
10-02-2015, 02:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 02:07 AM by BigB0SS.)
Mission 51 Cut (Spoilers)
Anyone else see this as future DLC, money making scheme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk
10-02-2015, 04:16 AM
RE: Mission 51 Cut (Spoilers)
Probably. The story is literally unfinished because this was cut. Eli steals a Metal Gear and...game over? Fuck this game.

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-02-2015, 05:09 AM
Doubt it. Konami's gonna hit the bucks with less effort in form of costumes and unique Online characters.

"Launch yourself Online as one of these memorable characters such as gun merchant from mission 41 or that one Russian guy who designed Snake's arm!!"

"Suit up for the mission in a new PURPLE fatigues or in the classic BANANA camouflage!!!"

"Fuck yourself in the ear with the new GOLDEN GUNS WEAPON PACK 2!?!?"
10-02-2015, 08:14 AM
(10-02-2015 02:06 AM)BigB0SS Wrote:  Anyone else see this as future DLC, money making scheme?

A DLC? Maybe, if Konami at least bothers to cater to gamers who want this but somehow I doubt that they'll bother to finish it and make it playable. I would like to see a GZ+TPP with that content but I'm not expecting it. As for charging let's says five bucks for the cinematic? I believe they can do that.

Like I've said, Konami will more than likely suck the cow by cutting TPP into smaller areas and maps, make a little changes and say it's new things.

"Konami Zandatsu - Cut at will"

[Image: Zanzibarlandsymbol.jpg]
10-02-2015, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 06:32 PM by BigB0SS.)
(10-02-2015 04:16 AM)sput Wrote:  Probably. The story is literally unfinished because this was cut. Eli steals a Metal Gear and...game over? Fuck this game.

Why they cut this if it's just a cutscene confuses me. I mean if it involved gameplay maybe that would justify cutting it due to the extra work involved.

The current ending sucks, not just because it's a cliff hanger. It sucks because it leaves you wondering what happened to Sahelanthropus (why would Liquid pursue Metal Gear Rex if he already has Sahelanthropus. Some might say he needed the rail gun cloaking technology. If that's the case Liquid's goal would be the rail gun, not Metal Gear Rex as a whole).

On the other hand, maybe it was cut because gameplay was included (or intended to be included). Maybe they just said screw it, release what you have and finish the rest for a DLC release.

(10-02-2015 05:09 AM)SexyKaz Wrote:  Doubt it. Konami's gonna hit the bucks with less effort in form of costumes and unique Online characters.

"Launch yourself Online as one of these memorable characters such as gun merchant from mission 41 or that one Russian guy who designed Snake's arm!!"

"Suit up for the mission in a new PURPLE fatigues or in the classic BANANA camouflage!!!"

"Fuck yourself in the ear with the new GOLDEN GUNS WEAPON PACK 2!?!?"

Haha gotta bring back the classic Banana camo they removed from MGS3 HD.

And we all forget all those DLC exclusives that haven't been released to all yet.... still gotta get all those collector's edition addons. Plus can't forget all those Snake Eater DLCs.

(10-02-2015 08:14 AM)Dr. Clark Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 02:06 AM)BigB0SS Wrote:  Anyone else see this as future DLC, money making scheme?

A DLC? Maybe, if Konami at least bothers to cater to gamers who want this but somehow I doubt that they'll bother to finish it and make it playable. I would like to see a GZ+TPP with that content but I'm not expecting it. As for charging let's says five bucks for the cinematic? I believe they can do that.

Like I've said, Konami will more than likely suck the cow by cutting TPP into smaller areas and maps, make a little changes and say it's new things.

"Konami Zandatsu - Cut at will"

Yea maybe. I'm not happy about DLC story releases but I'd rather have that than this garbage cliff hanger ending.
10-02-2015, 07:01 PM
(10-02-2015 06:31 PM)BigB0SS Wrote:  Some might say he needed the rail gun cloaking technology. If that's the case Liquid's goal would be the rail gun, not Metal Gear Rex as a whole).

Liquid's true goal was Big Boss' remains so he could find a way to stop his accelerated aging and cure the negative effects from gene therapy the genome army was subjected to.

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-02-2015, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 08:18 PM by Tempunaut.)
Sahelanthropus probably became pretty useless after Mantis got nerfed by that serial killer's thoughts. So Liquid fucked over Gurlukovitch and traded it for a Hind. Told him it's a russian developed cold war super weapon or some shitFiddle

EDIT Come to think of it, anyone remember the Snake Tale where Meryl teams up with Gurlukovitch to retrieve some old ass Metal Gear that her cucked Dad sacrificed his life for.
When Snake removed the tarp, he described it as some vaguely Metal Gearish looking useless piece of shit. Sound familiar?
10-02-2015, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 09:02 PM by BigB0SS.)
(10-02-2015 07:01 PM)sput Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 06:31 PM)BigB0SS Wrote:  Some might say he needed the rail gun cloaking technology. If that's the case Liquid's goal would be the rail gun, not Metal Gear Rex as a whole).

Liquid's true goal was Big Boss' remains so he could find a way to stop his accelerated aging and cure the negative effects from gene therapy the genome army was subjected to.

True but how did he plan to obtain Big Boss' remains? By using the rail gun on Rex to launch nukes without detection (using that threat to persuade and also as a deterrent).

(10-02-2015 07:55 PM)Tempunaut Wrote:  Sahelanthropus probably became pretty useless after Mantis got nerfed by that serial killer's thoughts. So Liquid fucked over Gurlukovitch and traded it for a Hind. Told him it's a russian developed cold war super weapon or some shitFiddle

EDIT Come to think of it, anyone remember the Snake Tale where Meryl teams up with Gurlukovitch to retrieve some old ass Metal Gear that her cucked Dad sacrificed his life for.
When Snake removed the tarp, he described it as some vaguely Metal Gearish looking useless piece of shit. Sound familiar?

I don't know man seems kindof reaching. I never took the Snake Tales as canon... just random stories existing in alternate timeline, etc.
10-02-2015, 09:25 PM
(10-02-2015 08:57 PM)BigB0SS Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 07:01 PM)sput Wrote:  

True but how did he plan to obtain Big Boss' remains? By using the rail gun on Rex to launch nukes without detection (using that threat to persuade and also as a deterrent).

(10-02-2015 07:55 PM)Tempunaut Wrote:  Sahelanthropus probably became pretty useless after Mantis got nerfed by that serial killer's thoughts. So Liquid fucked over Gurlukovitch and traded it for a Hind. Told him it's a russian developed cold war super weapon or some shitFiddle

I don't know man seems kindof reaching. I never took the Snake Tales as canon... just random stories existing in alternate timeline, etc.

Yeah, I know. I wasn't really serious.
It would've been the ultimate trolling though. Spending 80 million bucks and promising fanboys for 5 years the final "missing link", and then it turns out to be a prequel to a non canon side story of their least favorite Metal gear game.
Definitely not something post 2001 Kojima would pull.
10-02-2015, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 11:07 PM by Victor Katilis.)
Speaking of which, I (ashmedly so) never played Snake Tales. Are they worth it?

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
10-03-2015, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2015 12:59 AM by BigB0SS.)
For years, nothing Kojima does strikes me as surprising. I think Kojima has always derived pleasure out of messing with fans.

(10-02-2015 11:07 PM)Victor Katilis Wrote:  Speaking of which, I (ashmedly so) never played Snake Tales. Are they worth it?

Nah, Snake Tales aren't bad, but just areas from MGS2 story and given new/abstract stories. I think there are 7 snake tales, none of which have cutscenes. Text between gameplay segments, some vr missions here and there, and playing with mgs1 snake outfit, etc.
10-03-2015, 03:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2015 03:50 AM by sput.)

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-03-2015, 11:24 AM
(10-02-2015 11:07 PM)Victor Katilis Wrote:  Speaking of which, I (ashmedly so) never played Snake Tales. Are they worth it?

They're entertaining if you want some more MGS2. The stories are just there to replay some of the key moments with Snake. Like in one of them Snake discovers that some gang is using the Big Shell as their crack den, so they hijack the Harrier and try to murder him.
It's kinda like the bonus missions from Ground Zeroes.
10-03-2015, 11:51 AM
Mindfuckery of External Gazer is alright.
10-03-2015, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2015 12:31 PM by Tempunaut.)
The one where Mei ling and Solidus are married? Yeah that one's fun.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)