Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC]
08-19-2016, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2016 09:51 AM by jdnation.)
RE: Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC]
Konami tries to explain Metal Gear Survive's ridiculous story

"When in the timeline of Kojima disappearing was this... was this started prior to his exit or...?"

"Yeah we're not talking about that right now. Thank you for your questions, and genuinely sorry that at the moment we can't go into any more depth."

"Is it being developed in Japan?"

"Yes."

"Do you have a director attached yet?"

"We're not talking about that at the moment. Sorry."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-0...lous-story

Odd that that Konami is emphasizing stealth and that the writer isn't aware of multiplayer examples examples like Peace Walker or Splinter Cell.

If this thing is horde mode with zombies, they can forget about it.

What it ought to be is 4 players infiltrating new bases with normal soldiers and security and stuff. Konami didn't need wormholes or zombies for this. Just make new tales in the MGSV world taking out warlords and weapons smugglers and terrorists and shit.

Throw in some of Peace Walker 4-player boss battles against metal gears and vehicles and you're good. Not that you couldn't also throw in a horde mode as an option, but if this is all they've got, they're just wasting time. but I guess making that other co-op game would take work and money. So Konami went for the laziest most over done option... probably just decided to copy Capcom's anniversary project and reuse assets from MGSV.

I personally can't wait to hear about how they're going to microtransaction this shit. It's gonna be excellent!

[Image: zjCNeB3.jpg]

More details -

-You can play the game solo.
-The story is not canon, think of it like Snake-tales or the GZ extra missions.
-This is being made becasue apparently we asked for it.
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=27861

While true, we were expecting co-op following Peace Walker, I think most wanted Chapter 3 more...

And when we wanted co-op, we wanted it mroe like this, not zombie hordes...

08-22-2016, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2016 04:48 PM by Snakesforlunch.)
I'm tired of zombies but PW style sneaking co-op game could be fun. Would justify the MG title too.
08-26-2016, 02:13 PM
Has Metal Gear Solid 6 been announced
09-14-2016, 03:22 PM
Live stream incoming
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=28155
09-17-2016, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2016 09:59 AM by jdnation.)
TGS gameplay demonstration without Sean Eyestone!

GOTTA BUILD WALLS LIKE TRUMP TOWER DEFENSE TO KEEP THE RIFF RAFF OUT!

SHOW YOUR PATRIOTISM! MAKE MOTHER BASE GREAT AGAIN!

09-17-2016, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2016 10:37 AM by THEND.)
Resident Hill: Biohazard Hunter in the Dark [D-ViruZ Variant]

e*^
09-18-2016, 08:50 PM
People pulled through portals from different worlds? It's the Multiverse! The return of Planescape! Just be careful not to get too carried away fighting in Sigil or the Lady of Pain will send you to one of her mazes. Those zombies are hardcore members of the Harmonium. Once everyone's a zombie, then everyone will be the same, and we'll all finally live in harmony.

OK, I realize those are some pretty lame jokes and that I'm the only one who gets any of it most likely.
09-19-2016, 01:59 AM
It's fine. For all we know the game could be great
09-19-2016, 12:33 PM
Could be just as great as it originally was!

09-19-2016, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2016 08:58 AM by DarthCaligula.)
Yeah, I noticed that too, how some of the buildings looked exactly the same as that place. I didn't realize it was pretty much that exact same area though. And no, I didn't watch all of either of those videos, I skipped ahead because I wasn't really all that interested.
In truth, this game doesn't look terrible. Big hordes of zombies and all that, whatever, it's fine to have games like that, the real issue of course is the fact that it's somehow supposed to be Metal Gear. This game looks like it has no connection whatsoever to Metal Gear. It's just guys with military equipment killing zombies. It could be done with almost anything. You could call it Halo and make those zombies into the Flood or something and it would be the exact same thing. Obviously the only reason they're making it a Metal Gear game is because of the name and the Fox Engine. We can easily see how the gameplay is barely changed from MGSV, though that's not necessarily a bad thing, since it had good controls and everything.
09-20-2016, 05:49 AM
(09-19-2016 10:47 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  This game looks like it has no connection whatsoever to Metal Gear. It's just guys with military equipment killing zombies.

Welcome to MGS2 thru 5. Honestly, the best Metal Gear since MGS1 was Ground Zeroes.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
04-06-2017, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2017 07:52 AM by SexyKaz.)
What the fuck is even going on with this shit?

Did they think we fucking forgot??
04-06-2017, 12:47 PM
Forgot what? How awesome Rising was? That was the best Metal Gear ever. The gameplay and writing were just so deep.
04-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Pablo thought so.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
04-07-2017, 01:47 PM
It's hard to develop a game when Kojima keeps fultoning your staff.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)