Metal Gear Solid movie is... coming along... it's tricky!
02-19-2017, 02:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2017 02:15 AM by jdnation.)
Metal Gear Solid movie is... coming along... it's tricky!
They want to do it justice. They want to do it right. Kojima is a genius... can Hollywood still use Kojima's name? Does Konami approve?

Jordan Vogt-Roberts Talks Nailing The Tricky Tone Of The Metal Gear Solid Movie
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/jorda...lid-movie/
02-19-2017, 06:54 AM
RE: Metal Gear Solid movie is... coming along... it's tricky!
It'll turn out like Commando.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
02-19-2017, 11:21 PM
I wish they did take a cue from Commando and adapt the first MSX game as a simple action movie that could be more efficient to start with and at a significantly lower budget with more creative freedom on offer.

But no, the hacks want to jump into Shadow Moses right away...
02-20-2017, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2017 10:32 PM by DarthCaligula.)
What's the point?

I mean, besides money of course.
02-21-2017, 03:25 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2017 04:48 AM by jdnation.)
Besides the money, Hollywood can use it as another masturbatory vehicle to deride herr commandant in chief through their usual sledgehammers of subtlety...

Solid Snake = Trumps Progressive genes
"I'm not presidential. Never was. Never will be."

Liquid Snake = Trump's Recessive Genes
"In the Middle East. We don't hunt ISIS. We hunt Muslims. Instead of immigration we use border control."

Meryl Silverburgh = Hillary Clinton
"Listen, I've used a coup like this ever since I was eight years old, I'm more comfortable with it than I am with an actual democratic election. What difference does it make?"

Revolver Ocelot = Vladimir Putin
"Invade? No! I'm taking Crimea back!"

Big Boss = Donald Trump
"I cheated the popular vote, thanks to you. And thanks to you I've left my mark. You have too - you've written your own history. You're your own man. I'm President, and you are too... No... He's the two of us. Together. Believe me. We will make America Great again!"

Otacon = SJWcon
"Do you believe Love Trumps Hate, even while committing violence against Republican white people?"

George Sears = George Soros
"I'm no philanthropist. America is far from impregnable. It needs other illegals as citizens, a huge payload of voters, and full network, print, and web support to function efficiently. Against a large immigrant force without support, the White House is nothing more than a gigantic coffin. Seizing the Presidency was never the real objective! "

Grey Fox = Alex Jones
"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Bullhorning was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always yelled out what I believed in..."

Psycho Mantis = Julian Assange
"I can read your e-mails... So... you like spirit cooking!"

And so on...

"That’s my Metal Gear. That’s my shit.’"
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=29471
02-21-2017, 09:33 AM
Snaek's Revenge movie wen
02-21-2017, 10:41 AM
We all know that that a Snake's Revenge movie would be far more entertaining. Especially if it was done as a clichéd 80's action movie.
02-21-2017, 10:43 AM
COMMANDOOOOOOE
02-22-2017, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2017 07:23 PM by THEND.)
From a general perspective, Metal Gear movie ? Metal Gear Solid movie ?
02-22-2017, 09:06 PM
They should just air all the cutscenes from MGS4. It'll be sure to bomb.
02-22-2017, 10:47 PM
JD's metal gear movie is full of moral ambiguity
02-24-2017, 04:38 PM
Can they just release it so I can forget it already

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
02-24-2017, 04:51 PM
(02-22-2017 09:06 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  They should just air all the cutscenes from MGS4. It'll be sure to bomb.

Movies don't tend to be eleven and a half fucking hours long.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
02-24-2017, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2017 06:57 PM by THEND.)
My hopes are sizzling at most. Are they going to plan for a series of films, or a single film. Will it pass to yet another director. Are they betting on a gamer audience to sell tickets. Who will want to be in the theatre to watch this; gamers, action movie fans, actor fans (Kiefer Sutherland fans), war movies, the gay audience....?

Then there is the question of the creator of the series. How are the teams working on the film going to incorporate this into a film franchise.

And so on to the timeline. Sheesh. A side-line timeline to real world events spanning sixty years (and more if you wanted to include something like say, policenauts right?)...

When was the last time a game had a single director for so many years? I could name less than ten games in the millions sold bracket that have had quite this much creative focus. I think I'd rather read a few of those Nojima novelizations first before watching. I'll probably keep my eyes closed and wear headphones listening to music the whole time.

Movie directors also have TEAMS of creative people working together. How will this be factored in?

Metal Gear 2 would probably be the best one to go with for a movie.
02-25-2017, 12:59 AM
So like I said, why bother? We all know it'll suck.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)