Metal Gear Solid V: Parasitic Legacy
05-22-2016, 02:42 PM
RE: Metal Gear Solid V: Parasitic Legacy
The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
05-22-2016, 06:00 PM
The same can be said about The Soup.

[Image: 2wr3tef.jpg]
05-24-2016, 08:29 PM
(05-22-2016 09:24 AM)Unknown Soldier Wrote:  Big Boss's ass during the hospital escape part caused me the most pain as those were the perfect ass ... Kim Kardashian's ass ... but on a dude.

There are far better asses out there & you think hers is perfect? What's wrong with you man?!

HERE's a website with far better asses.
05-24-2016, 09:18 PM
Econs was a better ass than Kardashian's.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

05-31-2016, 06:46 AM
That's because he had no balls.

it is what it is
05-31-2016, 11:34 AM
Sure he did. They were attached to Ravi's crotch.

(05-22-2016 06:00 PM)Unknown Soldier Wrote:  The same can be said about The Soup.

That makes me the final Boss.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

05-31-2016, 05:51 PM
Attached? You crazy man!

it is what it is
05-31-2016, 05:56 PM
Well he sure as fuck didn't have a pair attached to his crotch.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

06-04-2016, 09:08 PM
You made this thread go off topic! =P

it is what it is
06-05-2016, 03:09 AM
Not at all; we're talking about Econs' parasitic legacy ;P

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

06-10-2016, 08:51 AM
I thought he died.

it is what it is
06-10-2016, 09:46 AM
He was already dead on the inside.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

08-17-2016, 06:18 PM
Ravi, if you're still paying attention to this topic, I watched your video again and read the article you had a link to, The Bold Faced Lie https://vs642.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/c...faced-lie/

First, I wanted to say that I agree with your assessment, that Big Boss is a horrible manipulator and that Outer Heaven (which I recently discovered is more accurately Outside of Heaven, or Heaven's Outside) was a nightmare that created wars and atrocities. But I'd like to sort of be the devil's advocate here and offer a counter argument, likely more what the Big Boss fans would say. So keep in mind that what I'm saying is not actually how I feel about Metal Gear's story and Big Boss himself.
Much of your argument is based on what Big Boss says at the end of Metal Gear 2. However, I would argue that the first two games don't matter anymore. MGS4 removes Metal Gear 2 as it is from existence. While the basic idea of the first two games still exists, the exact details no longer matter, with my favorite point being about the Soviet Union, which I would argue is a huge part of the story, with the Cold War. If we no longer focus on the details, that means that Big Boss's speech no longer matters as well, and we can completely ignore it.
Instead, we should now view the series starting with Metal Gear Solid. As the story is shown as a whole, Big Boss was a hero who tried to do the right thing, but unintentionally did something wrong, as he admits to Snake in MGS4. Let's look at what's stated about Big Boss in the Complete Official Guide to MGSV:

"Ultimately, Big Boss aspired all along to create a 'warrior's utopia', a nation of mercenaries free from governmental influence, whose sole purpose would be to develop their military strength without restriction. This is what he attempted to do by establishing the governments of Outer Heaven in 1995 and Zanzibar Land in 1999. His goal was to remain free from the control of the rapidly encroaching influence of Zero's artificial intelligence system: The Patriots. In both instances the Patriots send his clone 'son', Solid Snake, to foil his plans."

Let's also look at what it says about the first two games:

"Note: Natrually, for the two games developed at the very beginning of this intensely story-rich series, the events that occur during their specific time period only swim into recognizable focus for most players when viewed through the lens of prior or subsequent episodes. They remain canon, of course, but large poertions of their dialogue and developments are now taken with a generous pinch of salt. Our brief focus here rests upon revelations and developments that actually appear in other episodes."

So as stated here, the exact details of the past games no longer matter. The basic idea still happened, but things and characters like Schneider, Holly, Gustava, Big Boss's speech, and various other things no longer matter and don't necessarily happen. Therefore, we can ignore Big Boss's speech about creating victims and turning them into the next generation of killers. Instead, Big Boss was misguided and while trying to create a home for warriors, made a mistake and did something wrong.
So it could be argued that Big Boss didn't at first like the idea of using the medic, his number one man from MSF, but Ocelot convinces him that he and Eva came up with this plan, and manages to convince Big Boss that there's no hope for Venom Snake to return to his old self. Big Boss's speech at the end therefore is Big Boss praising Venom Snake for his skills and sharing the glory of Big Boss with him.
So we say that Big Boss didn't mean to manipulate Venom Snake, but felt that he had to, for the good of the fight against Cipher, and that he also believed that there was no restoring the man. Big Boss finds out somehow that Venom Snake is remembering, so he sends the cassette tape to inform and praise him, and Venom Snake willingly chooses to carry on the fight, knowing that his old life is gone, and that he can now create a better future with his beloved legendary leader, Big Boss.

Again, I'd like to make it clear that I don't actually agree with this, and it pisses me off that a wonderful game like Metal Gear 2 is totally dismissed by the majority of the Metal Gear fan community. I'm more making this argument to show an alternate way of viewing it, and saying that maybe as the series went on, the first two games really didn't matter anymore, and maybe we should take this into account. As I've said before, I personally consider Metal Gear to MGS2 as one story, and everything after as something separate, more full of metaphors about Kojima's life than anything else.
08-21-2016, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2016 05:07 PM by Nike Schneider.)
(08-17-2016 06:18 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  Much of your argument is based on what Big Boss says at the end of Metal Gear 2. However, I would argue that the first two games don't matter anymore. MGS4 removes Metal Gear 2 as it is from existence.

That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
08-21-2016, 09:25 PM
Really? MG2 as it is can't possibly exist with the changes made in MGS4. I would argue that the Cold War is a very important part of the plot, but MGS4 and MGS5 retcon it out, having the Soviet Union fall in 1991 like in real life. I'm not saying I disagree with what you said, I actually completely agree, I just wanted to bring this up as a counter argument, pretty much what the Big Boss fanboys would say. Personally, I loved MG2, and it pisses me off how that great game was pretty much ignored as the series went on. I think that they should have just embraced the idea of an alternate history, and kept things different, instead of trying to shoehorn in 9/11 and stuff.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)