Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes [Spoiler Discussion]
03-09-2014, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 12:33 PM by hellrasinbrasin.)
Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes [Spoiler Discussion]
* For anyone outside of the UAE who can't wait until the 18th/20th of March....Enjoy the streams at twitch.

:: Score ::

I thought that Composers Harry Gregson-Williams and Ludvig Forssell just killed it.

:: Main Campaign ::

- In terms of graphics and level design its a wonder.
- Sutherland isn't as bad as most people assumed myself included and given the limited dialogue that he has in the prologue I guess that judgement is reserved until The Phantom Pain is released.
- Exploration is definitely the key intention here and even though the walkthroughs on Twitch
are focused on the main campaign I can see someone spending hours running around Camp
Omega trying to interact or find things.
- Its nice that their are multiple entry & exits points throughout the base if you screwed up
and need to hide until the search is called off.
- I liked the environmental interactivity in Ground Zeroes anything from knocking over a bucket
to cracking a branch can alert someone to your presence.

:: Side OPS ::

>Eliminate the Renegade Threat
Kill two US Marines who committed war crimes in Laos. Trophy and bonus points if you extract both of them with helo rather than killing them.

>Classified Intel Acquision
Make contact with an US Agent and acquire a tape that will reveal who is really controlling Camp Omega. Bonus points if you complete the mission while hiding on the back of a truck.

>Destroy AA Emplacements
US Marines are going to raid the place and arrest people who are running the place but AA guns need to go. After blowing up the last gun, some unidentified planes show up and bomb the hell out of the place, erasing any evidence. Bonus point if you rescue all 4 captives. (3 in the POW camp, one in the adming building where paz was)

>Dejavu
* Locked I guess the player hasn't found all the XOF Badges yet

>Intel Operative Rescue
Pretty much a rail shooter mission. You ride on the chopper and shoot everyone you see. Intel operative is non other than Kojima himself. Trophy for not killing anyone.

Remember the Ground Zeroes Trailer from a year ago the Tag Line From FOX two Phantoms were born

FOX Phantom #1 The Patriots
FOX Phantom #2 OUTER-HEAVEN

* here's some MGS V GZ BGM for you

01-Zone Of The Enders: Beyond the bounds K A R Y Y N - Eshericks Remix
02-Heavens Divide Orchestral Remix
03-Love Deterrence acoustic version
04-Peace Walker's Main Theme from the PW Medley featured on 25th Anniv CD
05-Flight of the Valkyries
06-Here's to you Nicola and Bart
07-Encounter MGS1
08-Theme of Tara

* That 32 Minute Tape Holy Shit Balls Kojima is Back *
03-09-2014, 02:02 PM
RE: Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes [Spoiler Discussion]
Any reposts?
03-09-2014, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 02:17 PM by hellrasinbrasin.)
Are you talking about the ending itself has someone posted it on YT? I don't believe so but I could check for you. Bottom line based on the comments from the player if you got attached to characters from Peace Walker you are not going to like what happens in the end of the Prologue.

Composers Harry Gregson-Williams and Ludvig Forssell just Fucking killed it.
03-09-2014, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 02:24 PM by THEND.)
(03-09-2014 02:14 PM)hellrasinbrasin Wrote:  Are you talking about the ending itself has someone posted it on YT? I don't believe so but I could check for you. Bottom line based on the comments from the player if you got attached to characters from Peace Walker you are not going to like what happens in the end of the Prologue.

Composers Harry Gregson-Williams and Ludvig Forssell just Fucking killed it.

Spoilerific gameplay. Right now he's doing a day mission. I'm sure spoilers are possible tho so be careful. YOu've been warned. I'm taking a similar precaution. Don't wanna ruin it for myself.

http://www.twitch.tv/wasabi313

EDIT: have you heard of titanfall?
03-09-2014, 02:36 PM
Yeah he's an impatient one
03-09-2014, 10:56 PM
I didn't think Sutherland would be a bad voice actor, he's done plenty of VO work in the past and I thought he was always great even in things like the 24 game where other people said he sucked.

But dat motherfucker ain't no David Hayter or Richard Doyle and I think that's where all the hate has ever come from.
03-09-2014, 11:20 PM
(03-09-2014 10:56 PM)Solidsuitlarry Wrote:  I didn't think Sutherland would be a bad voice actor, he's done plenty of VO work in the past and I thought he was always great even in things like the 24 game where other people said he sucked.

But dat motherfucker ain't no David Hayter or Richard Doyle and I think that's where all the hate has ever come from.

At least they replaced a C-list voice actor with an A-list one rather than replace a C-list voice actor with a d-list one in Splinter Cell. Million dollars says keeping the original or hiring someone like sutherland woulda landed that game at least a million more sales.
03-09-2014, 11:33 PM
I doubt it.

I mean I avoided it because I thought Splinter Cell: Conviction sucked, it was only afterwards that I heard they had ditched Ironside and that cemented my choice not to support the game but I don't expect that there are a million other people who feel as strongly about it as I did.

Hell I'm the only gamer I actually know in person who gives 2 shits when they ditch a voice actor for a sequel.
03-10-2014, 03:20 AM
...I remember someone in the comment section said that Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes makes for a solid Splinter Cell Title than Splinter Cell Conviction did.
03-10-2014, 04:33 AM
Sadly that's probably true.

They attempted to lightly knock off the Jason Bourne films with Conviction but I think when they realized that the hiding in a crowd thing was being done by the guy's in the next room making Assassin's Creed and also they seemed to want to distance themselves as much as they could from MGS4, I specifically remember an interview with a dev saying something along the lines of wanting to make Sam "not an old man sneaking around but a panther!".

So they decided to go full retard with it and we we're left with something so afraid of being compared to anything else that it ended up far removed from what it probably should've been.

But now I'm taking this thread off topic, my apologies.
03-10-2014, 05:26 AM
Conviction is meh. The guy they have working on the series now is to the series what toriyama is to FF13...if you don't know what i mean don't worry about it.

I heard the gameplay for Blacklist was terrific. Marketing-wise though that game's a mess.

"remember ironside? no? Well you'll love the guy we replaced him with!" cheer?
03-10-2014, 05:39 AM
Well I'm not very clued in on the behind the scenes of the FF games but on a personal level i've not found a single interesting thing about 13's direction as far as story or gameplay goes if that's what you mean.
03-10-2014, 06:21 AM
Quote:>Dejavu
* Locked I guess it becomes available on release date

Just wanted to say, it's been revealed by reviewers that both the console exclusive missions unlock when you've found all the hidden XOF tags.

I speak English, Japanese, and Spanish... I still have no fucking clue what you just said.
03-10-2014, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 03:13 PM by hellrasinbrasin.)
The players hadn't bothered to read those articles detailing out the fact that you have to locate all the XOF badges.

* Psychological & Physical Torture has returned with a Vengeance to the series as it relates to the broken iterations of Chico and Paz Big Boss retrieves from Camp Omega. (Kojima wasn't fooling around when he said Metal Gear Solid would be entering Taboo Land). Once you've played the game you'll know what Skull Face meant with what he says to Chico and realize what is really playing on the cassette player Chico is listening to at the start of Ground Zeroes -- and it isn't "Here's to You".

* And be careful where you play cassette tapes as sentries can locate you from the sound.

* New stream and the players just get worse ...
http://www.twitch.tv/manii182

* Skull Face "Do you believe you're sacrifice will change the world?" speaking to Paz
- cue "Here's to You"

* New Time Line info gotta wait for the release in the US

* Overall I would say that Metal Gear Solid V looks to be a solid hybridization of the core concepts of Deus EX Human Revolution, Assassins Creed & Grand Theft Auto. Which isn't a bad thing not by any means at all.

* The Era of Story Mode Kojima is dead -- buried alongside Snatcher, Policenauts , MGS - MGS 4 ; and MGS Peace Walker.
03-10-2014, 04:20 PM
I thought the graphic adventure was his element. RIP old school gaming storytelling.

[Image: sig.gif]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)