Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes [Spoiler Discussion]
03-18-2014, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2014 01:20 PM by hellrasinbrasin.)
RE: Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes [Spoiler Discussion]
(03-18-2014 10:31 AM)Tanooki Wrote:  Yeah and how when it shows Snake's name it says 'a former hero once known by the code name Big Boss...yet doesn't he embrace the codename at the end of Peace Walker?

Anyhow as for the rest I'm loving it. My only minor complaints are when a guard gets suspicious the same damn ambient music starts to play and the draw distance. Just walking along and seeing stuff pop in is a very small itch I can't scratch but I don't blame it on the game itself seeing how it's working on the PS3's limited hardware. I'm sure this game looks a million times better on the PS4. Just beat the main mission in an hour and 30 mins. Rescued all the prisoners, collected one XOF badge, only got spotted once. Now to beat everything else. Gameplay wise this is the best Metal Gear yet.

That means that once Big Boss left the United States the US Government no longer recognized that Code-Name as he no longer worked for The CIA. He cast aside the Call sign Snake and accepts the title of Big Boss at the end of Peace Walker.

* Also...

...Wait for it... Wait for it.

The PS4 Edition of Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes is Sold Out at Amazon.
03-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Just finished it. 77 mins, no alerts or kills, but I had to restart from checkpoint once because of a shoddy gameplay mechanic. Was crouched behind a railing trying to pop up to tranquilize a guard but Big Boss for whatever fucked up reason couldn't aim over a waist high railing so I stood up and was spotted. Bullshit.

Also, during the TPP trailer, it fucking crashed to the PS4 dashboard.

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx
03-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Finished it not too long ago. I really did have a blast but I kind of miss the cartoon-like world of Kojima's earlier visions--this one just seems like it's trying to be too serious, too realistic. But I guess we'll wait and see what the Phantom Pain has to offer.

Other than that, I dunno. I really do miss the Codec.
03-18-2014, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2014 06:59 PM by Ze Moleman.)
Went through it in one sitting &, despite how horrific Paz's death was, rather enjoyed it from beginning to end.

Now it's time to play the extra ops...
03-18-2014, 07:47 PM
I can already see "reviewers" bitching about what happens to paz, won't be long now before i see the articles on kotaku,polygon and every other gawker shithole complaining about the tapes.

I dunno, am i just too jaded at the old age of 18? Because i thought the tapes were done tastefully, and any mgs fan should have seen it was done in an subtle way for kojima by now, so why do i see so much bitching and moaning?

Actually i figured it out, these "gamers" are more concerned about perceived moral outrages on part of the collective herd than about the game in question, they don't care about the game or games in question, they care about putting on the appearance of caring about it and what they're trying to portray, so they can take the perceived morally high road when called out on their bullshit.

The idiotic crowd is on their side, so why not?
03-18-2014, 08:30 PM
Of course there will be bullshit outrage over the tapes. And the people writing articles about them will be people who didn't play the game, didn't even hear the tapes but heard about them from someone else, and they're going to try to boycott the game because it's "glorifying rape and portraying women as sex objects."

The tapes made me incredibly uncomfortable. I thought Paz was a great character. I liked her personality, I liked the relationship between her and Chico. The tapes were gruesome, unsettling, and incredibly well done. They got the point across in a way that wasn't exploitative.

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx
03-18-2014, 10:36 PM
So where inside Paz did they put the second bomb?

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
03-18-2014, 10:49 PM
(03-18-2014 10:36 PM)Punished Singh Wrote:  So where inside Paz did they put the second bomb?

Wasn't it obvious?

Think of the comment from Meryl in MGS "Women have more hiding places then men do"

If you want me to spell it out for you VAGINA
03-18-2014, 10:58 PM
There's the Kojima we all know.
03-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Nothing like a good old fashioned Vagina bomb to stir up lost memories of Kojimas 27 year franchise
03-18-2014, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2014 11:55 PM by Mexican Sting.)
It went up early, started downloading at around 11:30, fired it up at midnight almost exactly and played until 8AM. Anyone know of any real lists for finding Chico's tapes? I just discovered a godawful new trend where sites are posting placeholder "guides" for things before they finish them.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
03-19-2014, 12:16 AM
I would like to know this as well, but at the same time, I want something to do on the game for the next year while I wait for the next one so I am going to go old school and look for that shit myself
03-19-2014, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2014 12:52 AM by Solidsuitlarry.)
Is there anything to do in the game like there was on the MGS2 demo?

Like fuck around for an hour turning people into Pinhead from Hellraiser and shit?
03-19-2014, 02:01 AM
ha ha good times.

I don't know yet, I decided to get a digital copy instead of physical tomorrow that way my 8 year old brother can have a copy that he won't destroy(he is a disc leaver outer) since it is his 360 and I have been trying to get him into the series by buying him all the digital titles on the 360.

I really wish I still had my PS3... or a new PS4... Playing Metal Gear on a 360 controller is blasphemy
03-19-2014, 04:38 AM
So my PS3 auto-downloaded it today, and when i got a huge hardon, just about to send a email to my boss to tell him i can't come in, i get this piece of shit dick tease of an error "Can't play until start date" - I've changed the internal PS3 clock and disconnected from the internet but still get it , the only other thing i can think of doing is opening the PS3 and removing the CMOS batter but i don't really want to void my warranty for the sake of a day and a half wait!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)