Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes [Spoiler Discussion]
03-14-2014, 04:58 AM
RE: Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes [Spoiler Discussion]
To me everything in that last few minutes of the clip had to be said in a serious tone (not that hayter can't do serious) but the graspy voice wouldn't of fit that particular scene as well as kiefer's has. He says less then a few words but has already won me over.
03-14-2014, 06:20 AM
Start at the 1:57 everything before that was heard on The Tape

03-14-2014, 08:49 AM
Something tells me MGSV is going to have the best soundtrack yet, that end trailer music was killer!!
03-14-2014, 11:48 AM
The Map of where all the fun will be had in The Phantom Pain
https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&cl...=0CIcBELYD
03-14-2014, 01:58 PM
i've just been watching some of the old codec scenes from MGS4, i've only just realised Hayters voice over in parts of that game where fucking terrible!!
03-15-2014, 10:46 AM
I thought Hayter's best work was in 4 and his worst in 3. I blame the script more than the voice though.

Peace Walker is Hayter's worst.

So far though from what I've seen of some of the V gameplay it almost seems like Kojima is hitting all the right ques character-wise. You can see "less-is-more" and it's very effective.

I really liked MGS3 and the story surrounding the relationship between The Boss/BigBoss but it was held back by the series itself.
03-15-2014, 02:51 PM
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRFsH3IsHY[/youtube]

you can't say that this is anywhere near as good as the codec calls during 1,2 or 3!!
03-16-2014, 01:03 AM
Holy shit that was the worst VO in the history of Snake or Hal...

but still I couldn't imagine Solid Snakes voice being Keifers. Big Boss yes, but NOT Solid Snake.

That being said if they ever re-released MGS3+Peace Walker again for PS4/XBONE I hope the change the VO work of Hayter to Keifer to see if the difference.
03-16-2014, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2014 08:59 AM by THEND.)
This is the largest profile actor Kojima has worked with. And he's probably working through a translator.

edit:

those voices sound way better in the actual game.

*as a sidenote...i don't think otacon gets enough credit. character-wise he's whatever but whoever is voice actor is professionally is probably the most consistent voice in that whole series sans twin snakes no interest in playing that drivel.

But man....from mgs1 all the way even through pw i guess, his va has been great.
03-16-2014, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2014 10:01 AM by hellrasinbrasin.)
(03-16-2014 08:55 AM)nanoMACHINEgun Wrote:  This is the largest profile actor Kojima has worked with. And he's probably working through a translator.

edit:

*as a side note...i don't think otacon gets enough credit. character-wise he's whatever but whoever is voice actor is professionally is probably the most consistent voice in that whole series sans twin snakes no interest in playing that drivel.

But man....from mgs1 all the way even through pw i guess, his va has been great.

Christopher Randolph
03-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Also of interest, the medic on the chopper never completely shows his face,they intentionally seem not to show it, why is that?
03-17-2014, 07:21 PM
(03-16-2014 10:00 AM)hellrasinbrasin Wrote:  
(03-16-2014 08:55 AM)nanoMACHINEgun Wrote:  This is the largest profile actor Kojima has worked with. And he's probably working through a translator.

edit:

*as a side note...i don't think otacon gets enough credit. character-wise he's whatever but whoever is voice actor is professionally is probably the most consistent voice in that whole series sans twin snakes no interest in playing that drivel.

oh that's his name. He's been great

Christopher Randolph
03-18-2014, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2014 07:24 AM by Snake_Plissken.)
Otacon for some reason reminds me of the Blue Power Ranger from the very first season. He gets about as much fan base too, it is sad...

(03-17-2014 05:17 PM)Da Vinci Wrote:  Also of interest, the medic on the chopper never completely shows his face,they intentionally seem not to show it, why is that?

Because he is a generic Character model like Paz...

Anyone else think they should have made Paz... idk cuter or something? I know she was a different model from Peace Walker or whatever cause the eyes would be too unrealistic, and she was a little rough from the torture, but you could tell she just didn't look enough like her... I was expecting her to look a little more 16 year old looking since that is what she is supposed to look like at her age or whatever

Also is Pacifica Ocean a retcon now? When her name appeared it said her false identity, so I am wondering if Pacifica Ocean is a retcon and they are leaving her identity a mystery or if they did that because most people don't know that is supposed to be her real name since apparently no one payed attention to the storyline of Peace Walker.
03-18-2014, 09:28 AM
I've been wondering about that. All's forgiven?
03-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Yeah and how when it shows Snake's name it says 'a former hero once known by the code name Big Boss...yet doesn't he embrace the codename at the end of Peace Walker?

Anyhow as for the rest I'm loving it. My only minor complaints are when a guard gets suspicious the same damn ambient music starts to play and the draw distance. Just walking along and seeing stuff pop in is a very small itch I can't scratch but I don't blame it on the game itself seeing how it's working on the PS3's limited hardware. I'm sure this game looks a million times better on the PS4. Just beat the main mission in an hour and 30 mins. Rescued all the prisoners, collected one XOF badge, only got spotted once. Now to beat everything else. Gameplay wise this is the best Metal Gear yet.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)