Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes [Spoiler Discussion]
03-12-2014, 06:12 PM
RE: Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes [Spoiler Discussion]
I gotta know who the fuck at Konami is beating off when they write the audiotapes for Peace Walker and MGSV.
03-12-2014, 06:13 PM
(03-12-2014 06:12 PM)The Man Wrote:  I gotta know who the fuck at Konami is beating off when they write the audiotapes for Peace Walker and MGSV.

Why? So you can give him a high five?
03-12-2014, 06:25 PM
No, so I can tell them I did not rike it

I did not rike it at all
03-13-2014, 01:28 AM
Quote:* You're damn right one Thing Remains... The release date for The Phantom Pain.

I wouldn't be surprised if the release date is officially announced at E3 this year, but it'll most likely be announced at TGS. While I would love for Kojima to pull a huge surprise and announce we'll get to finish the story in the fall or something, I'm almost completely certain The Phantom Pain will release in Spring 2015.

Some insiders are even suggesting as late as 2016 but I doubt that one, Kojima hasn't mentioned any unusual delays with the development process and he's begun talking openly about the game in recent months. Usually he begins talking with certainty about a year before release on length and other things, so this would suggest they are coming to the end and locking things down.

I would just be REALLY surprised if we don't get an E3 trailer or a TGS trailer THIS year with a release date later than Q2 or Q3 2015.

I speak English, Japanese, and Spanish... I still have no fucking clue what you just said.
03-13-2014, 12:59 PM
(03-13-2014 01:28 AM)SolidSnarf86 Wrote:  I would just be REALLY surprised if we don't get an E3 trailer or a TGS trailer THIS year with a release date later than Q2 or Q3 2015.

That would be a treat.

After listening to the tapes, I'm interested in the backlash this is going to get. Do you guys think it was "handled well" for lack of a better term? I read a post in Anita Sarkeesian's twitter, a fan of hers posted something along the lines of "rape is not a plot device for your shitty video game" directed twards Kojima.

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
03-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Anita Sarkeesian is an attention seeking idiot I don't think anyone pays attention to what she has to say after claiming their was Rape in Lords of Shadow 2... Pfft Vampires drink blood to live lady don't be confusing a Vampire draining a family of its blood in the same way a person drinks a milk shake for sexual content. Now on the subject of the "Tape" within the context of what happens at military prisons with prisoners yeah the tape was handled just fine for the material.
03-13-2014, 02:32 PM
(03-13-2014 12:59 PM)Punished Pastry Wrote:  
(03-13-2014 01:28 AM)SolidSnarf86 Wrote:  I would just be REALLY surprised if we don't get an E3 trailer or a TGS trailer THIS year with a release date later than Q2 or Q3 2015.

That would be a treat.

After listening to the tapes, I'm interested in the backlash this is going to get. Do you guys think it was "handled well" for lack of a better term? I read a post in Anita Sarkeesian's twitter, a fan of hers posted something along the lines of "rape is not a plot device for your shitty video game" directed twards Kojima.

If its the one I remember I don't think anyone else agreed with her. Saying torture had always been front and centre in mgs games before now and at the time of her bitching she didn't even know the context in which it was used (hell neither did WE), she was just making a stink because there was something to kick up a fuss about.

That is unless she's blocked any opposing viewpoints, which I figure is likely.

Those audio tapes are creeping the fuck out of all of us far as I can tell so I think its been handled well.
03-13-2014, 02:43 PM
...I bet you anything once the game is released she'll say "See I told you I told you" on her twitter account. lol...

I'm thinking that The Phantom Pain is gonna have a PS4/XB1 only release.
03-13-2014, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2014 02:58 PM by Da Vinci.)
(03-13-2014 02:32 PM)Solidsuitlarry Wrote:  

That would be a treat.

If its the one I remember I don't think anyone else agreed with her. Saying torture had always been front and centre in mgs games before now and at the time of her bitching she didn't even know the context in which it was used (hell neither did WE), she was just making a stink because there was something to kick up a fuss about.

Those audio tapes are creeping the fuck out of all of us far as I can tell so I think its been handled well.

To be honest the tapes were dark and uncomfortable...as they should be.

I find it achieved what it set out to do, make a badass villain with a mysterious past who will stop at nothing to further his goals, if that includes breaking somebody physically and mentally, then so be it.

The tapes are not supposed to be "fun", they're meant to showcase the dark turn that big boss will take, all that backstory stuff about child soldiers,war and rape seem to be FINALLY being shown instead of merely being hinted at like previous metal gear games.

But what do i know; some people seem to be convinced that this is an attempt at being edgy by kojima instead of you know, FITTING with the dark serious turn that this game will take in contrast, if you're gonna show "War is hell" then might as well include the full package.

btw Anita Sarkeesian is a genius, anyone who can sucker hundreds of thousands of dollars out of gullible idiots is a winner in my book

(Also first post yay Shy )
03-13-2014, 03:27 PM
1st Welcome to the boards Da Vinci.

Secondly the content of the tape fits with what Kojima is going for with Metal Gear Solid V that people
who experience War aren't whole anymore they're broken by the experience either by psychological ,
physical injury, or by inflicting psychological , physical injury against the enemy vice versa.
03-13-2014, 04:28 PM
(03-13-2014 02:32 PM)Solidsuitlarry Wrote:  

That would be a treat.

Pretty sure Law&Order SVU has a mostly male audience
03-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Welcome Da Vinci, and you're totally correct.

The tapes are meant to be disturbing, the tapes ARE disturbing.

And this is not some bullshit that the game is selling itself on, like when every COD game felt like it needed some sort of shocking "No Russian" scene to drum up controversy.
03-13-2014, 09:35 PM
...You know the more I think about the trailers the more I realize that Kojima is subverting expectations with Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain and all those Metal Gear roll reversals before we get to where specific characters end up proper in Metal Gear/Metal Gear 2 :

Kazuhira Miller is Big Boss
Punished Snake is Grey FOX
Quite is Snake
03-14-2014, 04:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2014 04:15 AM by solidbean.)
WARNING THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE CLIP HAS MAJOR SPOILERS SO DON'T WATCH IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE THE GAME SPOILED FOR YOU!!

I couldn't help myself, i was listening to them audio clips and ended up stumbling upon this, fuck me Kojima was NOT lying when he said this game will be brutal!! Can't wait till March 20th now!

I think Phantom Pain will be released for Xmas 2014 or March 2015 at the very latest, and from this clip alone Kiefer has already nailed Big Boss and was exactly how i hoped he would do it.

Also way to leave us hanging Kojima, if you weren't excited for Phantom Pain, then fuck me you will be after this that ending makes you want a whole lot more!!!
03-14-2014, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2014 04:50 AM by Tanooki.)
I couldn't help myself either so I went ahead and watched it. I was hoping for just a bit more then that but what an ending! Can't wait for the 18th to get here!

On a side note, Keifer sounds amazing. It's nice to hear a fresh take on Big Boss seeing how Hayter's was starting to get on my nerves. Couldn't stand his voice post MGS3.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)