Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes 3.18.2014 |Official Discusion|
11-07-2013, 04:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2013 04:18 AM by Venom Animal.)
RE: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes Spring 2014 Release
(11-06-2013 08:48 AM)jdnation Wrote:  We have a clue as to the game's length. Kojima said that there's a ranking reward to play the game in the fastest time with no kills/alerts etc. and that's 2 hours. So basically a speed run takes 2 hours, so likely we're getting 4-5 hours of average length strictly if we stay on the main story mission without Side-Ops.

"For example in a Ground Zeroes mission, you have this mission you have rescue Chico [formerly a child soldier in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker], and a challenge within that is to clear it with no kills, no alerts, or within two hours. That’s really something that makes a huge difference in how the player perceives the whole mission."
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/a...world.aspx

A KP guy over at GAF was explaining some things. The big surprise turns out to be that all RISING DLC is free. Also the reason they are not putting it on the disc in a new release is to avoid re-cert time & fees.

This re-cert thing is likely also the reason behind a disc-less version of next gen GZ, to avoid additional re-cert fees/production specifically for the new consoles. Going digital only is easier, though if there is demand, they could press next-gen discs, but for now they probably don't feel the audience will be big enough to be worth the additional costs. Makes sense. As to why those are $10 more for digital, I don't know... Maybe Kojima had to scramble more last minute to get a next-gen version, so it cost more internally? A lot seems to indicate that Kojima had no intention of putting MGSV on next-gen, but the late development cycle probably forced his hand. The troubled dev length of FOX is likely also why we're getting staggered 'episodic' releases like this, because Kojima wants to make FOX right, but also has to responsibly create revenue for Konami.

The new expectation that shareholders have is for each large company to have at least one annualized "AAA" franchise, and less than one release a year is considered a loss. Take note of how Ground Zeroes will be the third MGS in a row to be released at the tail end of Konami's fiscal year. You can blame Activision and Ubisoft for this unfortunate situation.

It could also be that Konami did the math and realized, if the series current sales trends were anything to go by (MGS4 at 5.8m in 2008, then PW at 2.1m and Rising at 1.3m (if i made a graph out of the series' sales figures it would look like a rollercoaster that would brake your neck at the end)), there's absolutely no chance of them turning a real profit selling MGSV at 60 US dollars. It's clear that the market doesn't respond well to season passes or day 1 dlc, so the next best bet is splitting it up into totally separate products.

edit: I'M BACK BITCHES. SENIOR MEMBER CRASHIN' THIS SCENE, ROCKIN THESE MEMES, SPREADIN' MY GENES WITH NO SENSE, UH, PROMOTING WORLD PEACE THROUGH... RACIAL DECONSTRUCTION... GODDAMN.

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children
11-07-2013, 06:31 AM
Sounds about right. Fuck speed runs, I'm sure there'll be side-things to do besides the main story.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
11-07-2013, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2013 11:00 AM by jdnation.)
Uh oh...

David Gibson ‏@gibbogame 4h
Konami saying MGS5 release timing will depend on how Ground Zeroes goes first combined with next generation, then decide if 2014 or 2015

https://twitter.com/gibbogame/status/398328048522498048

So either -
a) Ground Zeroes sells poorly therefore TPP is delayed to be made better?
b) Ground Zeroes sells poorly therefore TPP development is cut short to rush it out the door?
c) Ground Zeroes sells well therefore they have confidence in TPP and will rush to ship it earlier?
d) Ground Zeroes sells well therefore Kojima gets more time and money to make TPP even better?

The Ground Zeroes release confusion continues... I hope this is all some kind of clever meta marketing like MGS2 where from FOX Two Phantoms are Joakim Morgren's Moby Dick two games two parts 2 fast 2 furious the rock confirmed to be voicing Raiden in Rising 2 sympathy for lady revengeance.
11-07-2013, 12:14 PM
...So if you want MGS5 The Phantom Pain to have the Dev Time it needs you damn well better buy MGS5 Ground Zeroes when its released in the Spring of 2014.
11-07-2013, 12:48 PM
(11-07-2013 12:14 PM)hellrasinbrasin Wrote:  ...So if you want MGS5 The Phantom Pain to have the Dev Time it needs you damn well better buy MGS5 Ground Zeroes when its released in the Spring of 2014.

Or maybe we don't buy it in order to have them work harder to make it better?

What are we supposed to do Konami?

What do you want???
11-08-2013, 02:00 PM

I'm not concerned because I know that when I buy MGSV The Phantom Pain that Ground Zeroes will be included. At least based on this Phantom Pain trailer that includes GZ footage with it.

Clearly this means to gamers that getting Phantom Pain will give you the full package. Because why promote something that's getting cut and sold separately?

[Image: iEvhnuZkVdiu5.gif]
11-09-2013, 09:30 PM
so are we gonna write our own sequel to mgs 1 and 2 or what
11-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Some signs pointing towards a new trailer. Maybe Kojima will deliver.

[Image: Kojima-NY-Interviews-MGSV-Kojima-Holding...1384202230]
11-15-2013, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2013 03:17 PM by hellrasinbrasin.)
PlayStation exclusive content for MGSV:GZ revealed: Deja Vu Mission
Ground Zeroes Deja Vu Mission screens and info

http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/index.html
11-15-2013, 06:43 PM
wish they'd a shown a different play through eh . watever's clever .
11-16-2013, 06:17 AM
RE: Metal Gear Solid V Part 1 Ground Zeroes {News}
http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/15/510685...-interview

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/kojima.../1600-673/

http://kotaku.com/why-metal-gear-solid-v...Socialflow
11-16-2013, 12:23 PM
round 1 kojima wins
11-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Kojima on MGSV storytelling and acting: Snake is not the same person anymore
11-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Sounds good to me. Look forward to it. Philosopher snake bugged....the message was fine but having the gravely vet talk sociopolitical issues sounded silly in excution
11-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Gotta love the idea of them having MGS1 Snake voiced by Sutherland. Hearing him say some of Hayter's most quoted lines in his bland uninterested way made me want to piss on my monitor.

Reminds me of the only way they could think of putting Daniel Craig in a Bond game that people would actually want to play was to remake Goldeneye or do the whole 007 Legends thing and just pretend he was in those films all along.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)