Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes DLC Free for consumtion
04-24-2014, 03:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 03:06 AM by hellrasinbrasin.)
Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes DLC Free for consumtion
MGSV: Ground Zeroes Deja Vu and Jamais Vu missions going multiplatform, free of charge
..."Brothers. I've Been Waiting for This!!"
04-24-2014, 03:19 AM
RE: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes DLC Free for consumtion
That's pretty fucking awesome. Gonna hunt some Snatchers.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
04-24-2014, 04:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2am8qaCikIo

[Image: sig.gif]
04-24-2014, 09:49 AM
May 1st.....good; I was about to ask if this was the DLC that we were going to get next year. Because if so, then.....wow, to say the least.

Free of charge, too? How kind of them. Smile

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
04-24-2014, 11:42 AM
May 1 is confirmed for Japan. DLC is confirmed for at least Europe; no release date has been set though.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
04-26-2014, 03:48 AM
This defeats the purpose of alienating the purchaser's decision. What a shitty move that was.

Exclusivity is meaning less and less as time goes on.
04-26-2014, 05:24 AM
hopefully they dont do something like this for TPP
04-26-2014, 10:05 AM
(04-26-2014 03:48 AM)Shriveled_Snake Wrote:  This defeats the purpose of alienating the purchaser's decision. What a shitty move that was.

Unless you bought more than one copy because you desperately wanted to kill some Snatchers, I do not see the issue at all.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
04-26-2014, 12:12 PM
It's free. I don't even think the Yoda/Vader dlc from Sould Calibur 4 was free, and those were just the characters. As someone who has tried both exclusive missions out, I'd say a free extra for your console of choice is great news regardless if you like the mission or not.

[Image: iEvhnuZkVdiu5.gif]
04-26-2014, 06:34 PM
I learnt exclusivity means nothing when Microsoft paid 50 million dollars to have GTA4 Episodes from liberty city DLC on the 360 for about 3 months before PS3.
04-26-2014, 09:13 PM
(04-26-2014 10:05 AM)Punished Singh Wrote:  
(04-26-2014 03:48 AM)Shriveled_Snake Wrote:  This defeats the purpose of alienating the purchaser's decision. What a shitty move that was.

Unless you bought more than one copy because you desperately wanted to kill some Snatchers, I do not see the issue at all.

Here's how the game works:
1)Get both platforms to pay for different timed exclusive content
2)Get impulsive diehard fans to buy both versions by making both exclusives fanservicey and by being dishonest about their timed exclusivity.
3)After enough people have resold their game, announce that the content is no longer exclusive so that a number of people re-purchase the game.

Not everyone is going to respond to this tactic of course, probably less than one or two percent of people who bought the game, but clearly Konami is desperate for cash and probably facing bankruptcy so every little bit helps.

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children
04-26-2014, 10:36 PM
When you play a game of DLC you win or you go bankrupt.
04-27-2014, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2014 06:02 AM by THEND.)
(04-26-2014 06:34 PM)Solidsuitlarry Wrote:  I learnt exclusivity means nothing when Microsoft paid 50 million dollars to have GTA4 Episodes from liberty city DLC on the 360 for about 3 months before PS3.

microsoft is such a joke. they are purely a games for profit company. they have no mission statement whatsoever. sony and nintendo have managed to still be about just a little more than money but not microsoft.

where's steambox already
04-27-2014, 09:53 AM
(04-27-2014 06:02 AM)nanoMACHINEgun Wrote:  microsoft is such a joke. they are purely a games for profit company. they have no mission statement whatsoever. sony and nintendo have managed to still be about just a little more than money but not microsoft.

Totally
04-27-2014, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2014 05:08 PM by DarthCaligula.)
In recent years I've come to appreciate Nintendo more. Now I'm not going to claim that they're perfect (some of their decisions are just so stupid sometimes), but I do believe that Nintendo's continued existence is the best thing for games. I just get the impression that they really care about pushing the limits of video games and keeping them going. I hope I don't sound like a fan boy.

And this topic also reminds me that I still need to find two XOF patches.... But I'm trying to find them on my own, and not use the Internet at all. Stupid guards! Tell me the locations of patches I DON'T have when I interrogate you!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)