Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes DLC Free for consumtion
05-07-2014, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2014 09:32 PM by DarthCaligula.)
RE: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes DLC Free for consumtion
I just wish there was a MGS2 Raiden skin for that game. They never had a skin of that for Revengeance either, did they? I guess because everyone hates who he was back then....
05-07-2014, 11:01 PM
(05-07-2014 09:32 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  I just wish there was a MGS2 Raiden skin for that game. They never had a skin of that for Revengeance either, did they? I guess because everyone hates who he was back then....

Probably the truth.

I'm surprised the HD collection didn't feature a MGS4 Raiden skin

Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: Go Fuck Yourself!
05-08-2014, 12:45 AM
(05-07-2014 11:01 PM)Solidsuitlarry Wrote:  
(05-07-2014 09:32 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  I just wish there was a MGS2 Raiden skin for that game. They never had a skin of that for Revengeance either, did they? I guess because everyone hates who he was back then....

Probably the truth.

I'm surprised the HD collection didn't feature a MGS4 Raiden skin

Well even Kojima wouldn't retcon his past character designs, as evidenced by the HD collection artwork.

[Image: 22.jpg]

Then again we did have those MG2 portrait updates...
05-08-2014, 01:20 AM
...how is that a retcon? It actually looks closer to the Shinkawa depictions.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
05-08-2014, 01:36 AM
I mean as some sort of optional unlockable or some shit.

For people who don't wanna catch the gay.

05-08-2014, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2014 08:16 PM by Mexican Sting.)
I actually hated that they updated the pictures. It'd be one thing if they just gave the portraits a little Shinkawa touch-up, but he completely redrew some of them. Especially Gray Fox. Berenger Fox was a badass before, and then they just turned him into another white-haired bishonen. Are all the Ninjas supposed to have white hair for some reason, now? Ugh.

Also, all the name changes pissed me off, too. Black Color was a cool name, and if anything they should've just corrected it back to Black Collar.

Also, I got a chance to play Jamais Vu today. Eh. It basically just gave me some halfway context to do some shit I had already tried doing in other missions a while ago. Not a bad 20 minute distraction for free, though.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
05-08-2014, 10:37 PM
I have a strong feeling that Raiden was supposed to be like Gray Fox. Both are ninjas (Raiden is referred to as a "ninja hero" in The Document of MGS2), both are former child soldiers, and Raiden even uses a sword eventually. I think that Gray Fox's design was redone in MG2 to make him resemble Raiden more.
05-09-2014, 12:15 AM
There are several tragic ninjas. Don't forget about Olga and Schneider.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

05-09-2014, 06:02 AM
(05-08-2014 01:20 AM)Punished Singh Wrote:  ...how is that a retcon? It actually looks closer to the Shinkawa depictions.

The MG2 portraits? Shinkawa started working on Metal Gear in MGS. The Subsistence version was a total retcon.
05-09-2014, 08:30 AM
I was hoping to see something like that too, or even at the very least the white Revengeance costume or MGS4 one. When I first saw I unlocked "White Raiden" I actually thought it was that but nope just his normal Revengeance one in white *sigh* I guess KojiPro only has Raiden's Black armour model in the FOX Engine.

P.S. MGS2 Raiden is actually my favourite version of Raiden, I actually somewhat dislike the new "Jack is Back!" Raiden. I miss all the dorky lines about being wet and miserable and managing to avoid drowning Sad.
05-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I vastly prefer old Raiden.
05-09-2014, 09:24 PM
(05-09-2014 06:02 AM)Shriveled_Snake Wrote:  The MG2 portraits? Shinkawa started working on Metal Gear in MGS. The Subsistence version was a total retcon.

No, the hi-def render of Raiden you posted.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
05-11-2014, 02:46 AM
You're confused. Get outta here, old man!

05-11-2014, 04:04 AM
The wavy hair on the updated render makes it look more like the artwork from Sons of Liberty. The old MSX radio screens being re-drawn is a separate fuck up.

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
05-11-2014, 04:21 AM
I always thought the redrawn MG2 radio screens were to kill two birds, one to make people look more like their MGS counterparts and also because if they DIDN'T do that they'd get their asses sued due to the obvious celebrity likenesses.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)