Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes DLC Free for consumtion
05-01-2014, 01:01 AM
RE: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes DLC Free for consumtion
Yeah, that's kinda why I figured you wouldn't get it. It's a nice addition when you want to move fast and stay low. I could see how you would ignore it though, it took me a while to figure it out in MGS4.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
05-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Just played Jamais Vu. I think Deja Vu was better, but I like the Snatcher music that plays when you first encounter one.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
05-02-2014, 12:29 AM
So I've only played this mission on my brother's Xbox, but does the addition of it change your percentage of completion?

[Image: iEvhnuZkVdiu5.gif]
05-02-2014, 02:27 AM
I think the assumption was that most people who played MGS4 at least would use the prone roll often enough for it to happen naturally.

As for whether I use it: I used it occasionally in MGS4, but CONSTANTLY in MGO2. If you have appropriate camouflage for the area, it's perfect for moving around without being seen at a medium-long distance: You're exposed for less time than with crawling, the movement is so unnatural that it doesn't stand out in the background as humanoid (unlike walking, running, crawling etc) and if you're face the enemy you've got the smallest possible silhouette while in motion. Shit, this is just making me remember how much I loved MGO2 and how much I miss it... MGO3 better live up!

In Ground Zeroes there's definitely some situations where rolling gives an advantage... The main one I can think of is sneaking past the heliport and into the building complex Paz is in, because regular crawling will often get you spotted in that area on account of the wide open environment. It's also good in some really specific Sniping situations.

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children
05-02-2014, 04:32 AM
(05-01-2014 10:53 PM)Punished Singh Wrote:  Just played Jamais Vu. I think Deja Vu was better, but I like the Snatcher music that plays when you first encounter one.
This is literally the only thing I liked. I was expecting more actual references to Snatcher like Deja Vu with MGS1. Disappointing as fuck.
05-02-2014, 08:30 AM
I think the tactical roll would be more usefull if it didn't have a strange way of executing the action. I think its aiming, while clicking in the left stick in the desired direction? almost as bad as the carpal tunnel inducing control scheme of peeking around corners in mgs 2/3 (ok maybe not that bad)

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
05-02-2014, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 08:44 AM by Nike Schneider.)
(05-02-2014 12:29 AM)Smiley Wrote:  So I've only played this mission on my brother's Xbox, but does the addition of it change your percentage of completion?

Yes. You will now have to complete the new mission and unlock everything within it to get a 100% in Ground Zeroes.

(05-02-2014 04:32 AM)Shriveled_Snake Wrote:  This is literally the only thing I liked. I was expecting more actual references to Snatcher like Deja Vu with MGS1. Disappointing as fuck.

If you S-rank, Kaz goes "COWABUNGA!" over the radio right as you step into the helicopter.

[Image: gillian_5.jpg]

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
05-02-2014, 08:37 PM
I feel like I'm in a minority here. I thought they were both pretty fun and funny as well. After playing both though, I have to say that Deja Vu was better.
05-03-2014, 05:34 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 05:35 AM by UpSideDownGRUNT.)
I actually prefer Jamais Vu, it has actual gameplay objectives as a normal mission and you can stealth through the entire thing unlike what the misleading trailer implies. I thoroughly enjoyed stealthing around as Raiden kinda made it feel like I was playing a super advanced MGS2 but without Quentin Flynn's dorky Raiden voice.

Honestly, Deja Vu is exactly what it says on the tin, it's just reference city to MGS1 although fun it is a bit boring in terms of a mission. (although sneaking around as MGS1 Snake is humourous)
05-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Deja Vu has way more fanservice going on though.

05-05-2014, 11:53 AM
After playing through both several times, I think I actually like Jamais Vu more. It's quite a bit of fun assassinating guys, and then the action packed ending is quite refreshing and something that I wanted to see in at least one of the missions. And I love that Snatcher music cassette I found.
05-05-2014, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2014 01:17 PM by Mexican Sting.)
(05-02-2014 02:27 AM)Punished Animal Wrote:  I think the assumption was that most people who played MGS4 at least would use the prone roll often enough for it to happen naturally.

Yeah, but they changed the way it's done. Wasn't it done with triangle or something in 4? I think I thought they took it out at first.

Quote:In Ground Zeroes there's definitely some situations where rolling gives an advantage... The main one I can think of is sneaking past the heliport and into the building complex Paz is in, because regular crawling will often get you spotted in that area on account of the wide open environment. It's also good in some really specific Sniping situations.

Hm. I usually hug the edge of the camp and go in through either the north or west entrances. Or I just ride the truck in. Do you just go straight through the middle?

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
05-07-2014, 01:00 AM
Let's be honest here. If you preferred Jamais Vu, you're probably an Xbox kind of player. It's literally tailored for your target audience.
05-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Blades swung.

05-07-2014, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2014 08:58 AM by UpSideDownGRUNT.)
(05-07-2014 01:00 AM)Shriveled_Snake Wrote:  Let's be honest here. If you preferred Jamais Vu, you're probably an Xbox kind of player. It's literally tailored for your target audience.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, but I prefer Jamais Vu for 2 reasons:
1. Stealthing as Raiden instead of a lame hack & slash title.

2. The fact that apart from the obvious notion to Snatcher it sets itself as a legit Metal Gear mission, the helicopter mission was far worse IMO.

Besides, I'm not entirely sure how console preference would suggest I like a mission like Jamais Vu over MGS1 reference galore like Deja Vu was.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)