"Metal Gear Rising SUCKS"
10-22-2014, 01:18 PM
"Metal Gear Rising SUCKS"

http://metagearsolid.org/2014/10/mgr-sucks-debriefing/

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
10-22-2014, 03:01 PM
RE: "Metal Gear Rising SUCKS"
No way raising is the best metal gear game of ever rayden so cool he is cut people lol!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
10-22-2014, 04:30 PM
people still hate rising?
10-22-2014, 05:23 PM
It does suck a lot. Like...a lot. Lots of suck.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-23-2014, 03:08 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't read all that if you had me strapped a chair with my eyes forced open and Jay Z songs playing on loud speakers while some tranny whispered in my ear "You can make it stop. Just read the article".
The only good thing to come out of Wolfe's site after his MGS2 review was that recent "Adrian De Wiart & William Fairburn" comparison to Big Boss and Skull Face, which also deserved its own thread unlike this shit.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
10-23-2014, 04:11 AM
(10-22-2014 04:30 PM)Whatepok Wrote:  people still hate rising?

I just had to come back to this post because of how stupid it is. Yeah, people still hate Rising because it sucks, always sucked, and the course of time alone does not make anything suck less.

Fuck, let me try a few:

Women still hate being raped?

Children still hate being beaten by abusive parents?

Americans still hate 9/11?

That's how stupid your question is.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-23-2014, 04:25 AM
Quote:Women still hate being raped?

They all enjoy it deep inside.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
10-23-2014, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2014 04:00 PM by Smiley.)
God, there's nothing more irritating online than another review/analysis structuring itself like RedLetterMedia.com

Also, this was a spin-off/collaboration that apparently was better than what Kojima Productions was working on, and he seems to put a lot of blaming emphasis on P* and the game's writer as if they've completely butchered something sacred. If this was the end result, then consider me satisfied. MGS2 already breaks the mold on Solid Snake's happy ending with Meryl, and MGS4 did the same for Raiden in MGS2 in distancing himself from his wife and being a cyborg. Rising bringing Raiden back as a playable character thrust on the battlefield may compromise the ending before it, but that's a necessary sacrifice to keep these characters engaged in more Metal Gear games. And if you can't accept or like it then don't play the series because that's a factor that's not going to change.

[Image: iEvhnuZkVdiu5.gif]
10-23-2014, 05:00 PM
Well I watched this whole while eating some Thai food...

Lots of good stuff. Pretty informative. Lots of hard work put into this.

But annoying voice. Longer than is really necessary due to a lot of repetitive redundant-ness. We get it!

Overall... Worth a listen.

Though I feel Platinum and the writer get an overly bad rep for a project that went through development hell then got on a rushed out-the-door schedule, so one can't really say either of them was at the top of their game here, or who was responsible for what to what extent.
10-23-2014, 08:06 PM
I think if anyone outta write up a review & analysis of this game, it should be me.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-23-2014, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2014 08:16 PM by Tanooki.)
Would have been better if it was 10 minutes long and wasn't narrated like someone with down syndrome. We get it, Rising sucks and it's not part of the main timeline whether anyone likes it or not.
10-24-2014, 12:34 AM
I can't bring myself to sit down for two hours to watch it honestly. Also from what I did watch (about 5 minutes) the audio was just painful

Punished John Wrote:
PUNISHED POLLY
A Nintendocrat who stands her ground
Soup Awards 2010 Wrote:BEST FEMALE POSTER
PollyannaX
10-24-2014, 02:32 AM
Scripted segment where a no kill gameplay revolves in enemies dying in the story anyway. Might not live up to the MGS3 river scene, but if we're going that route then any character be it soldiers or boss fight that you use the tranq gun on shouldn't result in them dying. That means FOXHOUND, Gurlukovich soldiers, Dead Cell, Cobra Unit, etc., etc.

If you don't kill the genome soldiers in MGS1/Twin Snakes, doesn't Liquid still accuse you of slaughtering them and enjoying the killing regardless?

[Image: iEvhnuZkVdiu5.gif]
10-24-2014, 03:07 AM
Keeping in mind the fact that you HAD to kill bosses in the actual MGS1, and that they're the comrades Liquid was talking about.

As for Rising, yeah, everything about the story and writing sucks, but who could even get THAT far? The gameplay itself is so god damn bad that I could make a ten hour analysis of why Rising sucks based solely on the shitty gameplay.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-24-2014, 03:16 AM
I actualy enjoyed the gameplay. Parrying was terrible and the "offensive defense" broke the game by being overpowered but I have to say it was pretty fun. The dlc was terrible tho.

Punished John Wrote:
PUNISHED POLLY
A Nintendocrat who stands her ground
Soup Awards 2010 Wrote:BEST FEMALE POSTER
PollyannaX

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)