Metal Gear RISING 2 may or may not be happening...
02-01-2015, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2015 07:57 PM by jdnation.)
Metal Gear RISING 2 may or may not be happening...
Geoff Keighley asked, and they said no...

[Image: ibkEKZkH8e3208.jpg]

But then... WHO WAS 2 ?????

[Image: rUhbNgt.png]

Geoff: No Metal Gear Rising 2 tease at Taipei Game Show | NeoGAF: That tweet was CG http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=983645

[Image: My6qZcx.gif]

[Image: ufixEDG.png]

[Image: zaJLbPS.png]

[Image: LCgl2Jz.png]
02-01-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: Metal Gear RISING 2 may or may not be happening...
So that wasn't Rising 2? Good because nobody asked for it.
02-01-2015, 09:55 PM
I liked Rising, but what the hell would 2 even be about?

Cord Wrote:Goddamn. I have nothing to say to that.
02-02-2015, 04:26 AM
A new terrorist group called R.I.S.E (Resisting Intelligent Systemic Emergence) appears and goes on a rampage in an attempt to bring down the new technological world order. They begin by attacking cyborgs or cybernetic enhanced individuals, all around the world. The opening of the game begins with Raiden about to accept a medal from the president in a secret ceremony for saving the world and averting World War III in the last game.

An explosion erupts through the hall, murdering the president and killing most of his cabinet as armed militia drop in and begin going to town on the people in attendance. Rose and Little John are also here to see Raiden accepting the award and the first mission is literally taking out the armed guard while Raiden attempts to get them to safety... He succeeds but discovers his own unit was attacked at the exact same moment. Now Raiden must travel around the world calling in favors from the likes of Otacon, Sunny, and even Campbell if he's to get to the bottom of this new enemy.

A new battle has begun, but this time it's not about revenge... It's about survival... CUT TO THE CHASE! SLICE THE COMPETITION!

METAL GEAR RISING 2: RESURGENCE

I literally wrote that in like, three minutes, which is probably the same amount of thought Platinum will give the story.

I speak English, Japanese, and Spanish... I still have no fucking clue what you just said.
02-02-2015, 07:00 AM
Far better than that craptastic plot from the first game.

Also, Rising sucked ass, but mainly because it was just a shitty game all-round. If they got something - anything - right, it'd have sucked less. So if they made a game from the ground-up instead of spending three months salvaging someone elses trash, it might be passable.

On the other hand, Rising sucked and doesn't deserve a sequel, prequel, or even a line of Raiden-themed Depends Depends for your grandparents to shit all over, so if it happens, it can't possibly be worse than the first, and if it doesn't, the only loss is the fact that the first one still happened and nobody can unmake it.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
02-02-2015, 07:28 AM
I'm still crossing my fingers for a Rising sequel starring, RAT PATROL set a few years after the first. Maybe come back to Corporate Raiden later on in a third game.

Metal Gear Meryl could be like, Binary Domain mixed with Devil May Cry.

Then continue where they left off (nowhere) with Raiden in Metal Gear Rising 3.

I'm also hoping by the time they release Metal Gear Meryl Kojima releases his Metal Gear Solid game starring the Boss. A dual release of Metal Gear starring the series' leading ladies would be great.

also, SOMEONE GET THA TUSSIN! my head hurts cause I kno this won't happen
02-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Honestly, if they took the gameplay from Vanquish, but you played as the Frogs or some shit, that would be cool with me as long as it isn't canon. Vanquish was fantastic, but I don't think they have any plans for a sequel.

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx
02-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Or, someone could make a STEALTH GAME where you actually SNEAK again.

But fuck it. Let's go with it. I want a Fox-Hound game where you use the different characters' specialities. Octopus disguises himself as enemies to slip into restricted areas, Wolf is the Marksman, Raven is the gunner, Ocelot interrogates POWs, Mantis is like a fucked up psychic version of MGS4's MKII Metal Gear, and so forth.

Also, still waiting for a Metal Gear Go-Kart Racer.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

02-02-2015, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 01:08 PM by SexyKaz.)
(02-02-2015 10:10 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  I want a Fox-Hound game where you use the different characters' specialities. Octopus disguises himself as enemies to slip into restricted areas, Wolf is the Marksman, Raven is the gunner, Ocelot interrogates POWs, Mantis is like a fucked up psychic version of MGS4's MKII Metal Gear, and so forth.
I immediately thought of Metal Gear Team Fortress.

Also, I couldn't give less of a shit about MGR2. I'd probably be more stoked about FPS-game starring Revolver Ocelot that was set in a Spaghetti Western-style old west. For reasons.

The plot would be about time machines or VR etc. Also The Boss.
02-03-2015, 06:20 AM
Honestly I don't care what you guys think, I liked the game for what it was.

It doesn't have to be this huge in-depth conspiracy of talking heads that Metal Gear always was.

All it really needs is:

1. Better Stealth (I'm thinking at least Batman quality transition between combat/stealth).
2. Better Stage design.
3. More technology stuff (Stealth Camo, Giant Robots, Cool Weapons).
4. More forgiving/rewarding difficulty.

If they took a cue from the Megaman Zero games perhaps or even that Strider remake that happened recently, I'd be happy with that.

Heck, even anything from Casshern would be cool.
02-03-2015, 09:16 AM
(02-02-2015 01:06 PM)SexyKaz Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 10:10 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  I want a Fox-Hound game where you use the different characters' specialities. Octopus disguises himself as enemies to slip into restricted areas, Wolf is the Marksman, Raven is the gunner, Ocelot interrogates POWs, Mantis is like a fucked up psychic version of MGS4's MKII Metal Gear, and so forth.
I immediately thought of Metal Gear Team Fortress.

Also, I couldn't give less of a shit about MGR2. I'd probably be more stoked about FPS-game starring Revolver Ocelot that was set in a Spaghetti Western-style old west. For reasons.

The plot would be about time machines or VR etc. Also The Boss.

All for it. All of it.
02-03-2015, 09:37 AM
Brick RE: Metal Gear RISING 2 may or may not be happening...
(02-03-2015 06:20 AM)Mimeblade Wrote:  It doesn't have to be this huge in-depth conspiracy of talking heads that Metal Gear always was.

It came out after the Ninja Gaiden games, and around the same time as Razor's Edge. All are far better games in all regards. That's the real issuw with the game; it's totally sub-par from the get-go.

I'm not saying you can't enjoy it, but there are far better games like it.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

02-06-2015, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 11:49 PM by Venom Animal.)
(02-03-2015 09:37 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 06:20 AM)Mimeblade Wrote:  It doesn't have to be this huge in-depth conspiracy of talking heads that Metal Gear always was.

It came out after the Ninja Gaiden games, and around the same time as Razor's Edge. All are far better games in all regards. That's the real issuw with the game; it's totally sub-par from the get-go.

I'm not saying you can't enjoy it, but there are far better games like it.

What does Ninja Gaiden have in common with Canucklehead? Ninja Gaiden is and always has been trash.

Fiddle

The consensus among people who play and appreciate Japanese Character-Action style games is that Metal Gear Rising was the second best Character-Action game of all time until Bayonetta 2 came out. (The first is and always will be God Hand, amen.) Most of the Ninja Gaiden series is towards the bottom of the genre, next to DmC: Devil May Cry and the God of War series. It probably has the worst reputation of any Japanese-developed Character-Action game.

(That said, anything Platinum does will always be held in high-esteem in that community because Kamiya functionally invented the genre.)

(02-02-2015 08:10 AM)Daggamuffin Wrote:  Honestly, if they took the gameplay from Vanquish, but you played as the Frogs or some shit, that would be cool with me as long as it isn't canon. Vanquish was fantastic, but I don't think they have any plans for a sequel.

Platinum has only done one sequel (unless you count Anarchy Reigns, which I don't) and it was specifically commissioned by Nintendo, and deliberately ended in such a way as to prevent further sequels. The only reason MGR2 is a possibility is because Konami is willing to bankroll it. I wouldn't expect a Vanquish sequel.

The enlightened Metal Gear community is known for their disdain for endless sequels, so it's surprising to me that more MGS fans wouldn't be more supportive of Platinum. Not only does Platinum avoid Sequels and churn out incredible, original IPs at a constant rate, but they're one of the few studios that maintains the samel level of consistent polish and care as Kojima Productions.

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children
02-07-2015, 07:22 AM
(02-06-2015 11:30 PM)Venom Animal Wrote:  What does Ninja Gaiden have in common with Canucklehead? Ninja Gaiden is and always has been trash.

Aww, you couldn't beat the guy with the nunchucks! Good thing you can just mash Forward & Square and Platinum the shit out of Rising, or it'd probably be trash too, you big fucking retarded dipshit.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

02-07-2015, 10:20 PM
(02-07-2015 07:22 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 11:30 PM)Venom Animal Wrote:  What does Ninja Gaiden have in common with Canucklehead? Ninja Gaiden is and always has been trash.

Aww, you couldn't beat the guy with the nunchucks! Good thing you can just mash Forward & Square and Platinum the shit out of Rising, or it'd probably be trash too, you big fucking retarded dipshit.

You're not even good at trolling/flaming, despite having been at it for so long. This is coming from a former GNAA member. I can direct you to some tutorials on the subject if you're interested in improving.

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)