Metal Ball Solid 3 Ball Eater
07-26-2016, 09:54 AM
RE: Metal Ball Solid 3 Ball Eater
Nobody would've cared about Konami making Pachislot machines providing Kojima was still employed at Konami and Konami still had an interest in making traditional console games.

It's the fact that Konami is cutting down on their console department and putting the resources into Pachislot that's got people irked.

Basically with Kojima gone, we can now expect Metal Gear to reach the same level of care Konami has for Silent Hill and Pro Evolution soccer.
07-26-2016, 11:17 AM
The obsession with sequels in video games is a deleterious one. No matter what direction the series goes in, the old stuff won't disappear. Why can't that be enough? Why the entitlement?
07-26-2016, 12:20 PM
(07-26-2016 11:17 AM)SlograKiller Wrote:  The obsession with sequels in video games is a deleterious one. No matter what direction the series goes in, the old stuff won't disappear. Why can't that be enough? Why the entitlement?

I think in games it's more endemic in that the majority of people care more about the maintenance of gameplay rather than story. Sequels provide that. But at the detriment that a story may be dragged out.

Of course this wouldn't be so much an issue if we followed Kojima's original plan that MGS could be about new characters and different scenarios, or if we went with Ravi Singh's idea of a freer canon.

Then there is the case where Konami thinks gamers are stupid and will get confused if they put out anything past the formula. To Konami, video games are still essentially toys. Just keep putting the same recipe there or keep calling a new thing the same thing least the stupid people coming into the restaurant complain that they can't find their favourite dish.
07-26-2016, 01:12 PM
Obviously games are more amenable to subsequent iterations than most media because of their generally different emphasis. My point is that everything ends eventually. The entitled attitudes directed toward Konami strike me as being a little juvenile. However you might feel about the game, MGSV is less than a year old! It's not as if Konami "owes" its audience more games.

I have no issue with the Metal Gear series continuing. I'd even welcome it if it adopted Kojima's original idea for the series after MGS4. But I'm not egocentric enough to feel like I'm owed more Metal Gear games--or any IP, Konami's or not.
07-29-2016, 05:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2016 06:02 AM by Victor Katilis.)
(07-26-2016 09:29 AM)SlograKiller Wrote:  I for one have no interest in a remake of Metal Gear Solid 3, and it's not as if that was the conversation they had when they planned this machine anyway. It wasn't "Should we make a remake of MGS3 or should we make a pachislot machine?" it was probably more like "Hey, why not make a Metal Gear pachislot machine?" Why care?

Quote:No matter what direction the series goes in, the old stuff won't disappear. Why can't that be enough? Why the entitlement?
Fucking A man. I've been shaking my head in disbelief since I saw the dumbass vlogs everywhere whining about this. Take this twat for example:

Look at the attitude and the words he's choosing to appeal to. 'Painful'. 'Depressing'.
Oh... I am fucking sorry? How the hell can this invoke anything but pity and contempt (laughter at best)? This whole consumerist, spineless attitude just pisses me off.

Forget about being an entitled piece of excrement, they never bother to stop and think about even basic stuff like 'do we really need a remake for, let's just stress it for a moment, MGS3?' or the the possible (pretty obvious rather) thing that 'pretty CGI' and 't3h faux engine' may not clash well with the sensibilities of an older (not dated) game and therefore make it an ersatz experience?

Quote:Then there is the case where Konami thinks gamers are stupid

Eh? JD, they don't think shit. They do not care, or rather, not even aware that western gamer scene exist.

Also, Metal Gear as an intelectual property/piece of art/whatever is as good as gone, done, finished now. Has been long so since the release of MGS3. I hoped the retarded fanbase (Snake Soup not included) would've have understood this after MGSV release, but apparently, nah. We want remakes, hurr, of MG1 and MG2, durr, followed by, herp, release of Twin Snakes (on all platforms), derp.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
07-29-2016, 04:47 PM
Free canon gets my vote. PS apparently is promoting this so Im all for it.
08-02-2016, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2016 10:39 AM by jdnation.)
Check out them player skills!

Meanwhile, as a footnote in their Pachislot marketing...

METAL GEAR SERIES LIFETIME SALES HAVE SURPASSED 49.2 MILLION
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=27712
08-03-2016, 12:48 PM
God, that's so boring. I can't stand to watch more than two minutes max. What the hell is even going on? The results you get on your slot thing determine how well you sneak around and stuff? What fun!
08-03-2016, 01:07 PM
Looks better than MGS4 at least.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
08-03-2016, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2016 04:33 PM by Victor Katilis.)
It doesn't even give you cash rewards.
/japan
/letsgetouttahere

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
08-04-2016, 03:51 AM
Knowing the Metal Gear legacy will carry on is your reward.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

08-04-2016, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 12:20 PM by DarthCaligula.)
From what I understand, gambling is illegal in Japan, but these pachinko things work around that. You get these balls from the machine, then you exchange the balls for some prize, then you go to a next door building and exchange the prize for money from either the Yakuza or North Koreans. I'm not joking.
08-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Sounds like my kind of place.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

08-04-2016, 03:20 PM
(08-04-2016 12:19 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  From what I understand, gambling is illegal in Japan, but these pachinko things work around that. You get these balls from the machine, then you exchange the balls for some prize, then you go to a next door building and exchange the prize for money from either the Yakuza or North Koreans. I'm not joking.

If you can't do this in the game Yakuza, then it's not canon.
09-06-2016, 07:59 PM
More new CG images
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=28032

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)