MG ST-84 as a buddy vehicle
09-26-2015, 08:46 AM
RE: MG ST-84 as a buddy vehicle
I haven't even used the Battle Gear for a dispatch op yet. Only missions there are to do are these shed destruction ones and some B-grade mission which I don't want to attempt because it'll probably fail and I'll lose a vehicle.

-
09-26-2015, 09:59 AM
The excuse that Battle Gear would've been overpowered is laughable considering the game starts you off with reflex and the chicken hat and sometime later you can unlock Quiet who doesn't even affect your mission score.

(09-26-2015 08:46 AM)Artful Dodger Wrote:  I haven't even used the Battle Gear for a dispatch op yet. Only missions there are to do are these shed destruction ones and some B-grade mission which I don't want to attempt because it'll probably fail and I'll lose a vehicle.

Just do them. The worst that could happen if your dispatch fails is you lose some soldiers when A++ combat soldiers start coming in droves and you lose one or two vehicles which can easily be recovered by sprinting up to them from behind and fultoning them away if you look for a vehicle/tank side op. Enemy vehicles in this game are a joke.

You'll eventually get to a point where you have only a 50% chance of success despite sending in your best men and a battle gear.
09-27-2015, 02:44 AM
(09-26-2015 09:59 AM)Brian OBlivion Wrote:  The excuse that Battle Gear would've been overpowered is laughable considering the game starts you off with reflex and the chicken hat and sometime later you can unlock Quiet who doesn't even affect your mission score.

(09-26-2015 08:46 AM)Artful Dodger Wrote:  I haven't even used the Battle Gear for a dispatch op yet. Only missions there are to do are these shed destruction ones and some B-grade mission which I don't want to attempt because it'll probably fail and I'll lose a vehicle.

(...)

You'll eventually get to a point where you have only a 50% chance of success despite sending in your best men and a battle gear.

Most likely it was yet another budget issue.
____

Like in PW where despite having ZEKE at its maximum, it used a machine gun against tanks instead of just clearing a row with the rail gun? Yeah, so much for the mighty gears.

[Image: Zanzibarlandsymbol.jpg]
11-02-2015, 12:40 PM
Coming in way late here, but....
(09-26-2015 02:43 AM)Dr. Clark Wrote:  So, the Battle Gear was to be available in the field but was too disruptive gameplaywise...both BG and ST-84 could only be available way far into the end. It was a lost opportunity.
I miss ZEKE.
Sad

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
11-02-2015, 02:02 PM
(11-02-2015 12:40 PM)Old Gross Wrote:  Coming in way late here, but....
(09-26-2015 02:43 AM)Dr. Clark Wrote:  So, the Battle Gear was to be available in the field but was too disruptive gameplaywise...both BG and ST-84 could only be available way far into the end. It was a lost opportunity.
I miss ZEKE.
Sad

When one only compares ZEKE and ST-84...yeah, I can miss him too, but REX is always first!

11-02-2015, 05:36 PM
As far as the tech in Pease Waker is concerned, REX is yesterday's garbage.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
11-03-2015, 01:04 PM
(11-02-2015 05:36 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  As far as the tech in Pease Waker is concerned, REX is yesterday's garbage.

Yeah, but he could roar and have a street fight program and and and... Idea he still has some of Gray Fox's DNA in its foot so it's more valuable. Tongue

11-03-2015, 07:07 PM
(11-02-2015 05:36 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  As far as the tech in Pease Waker is concerned, REX is yesterday's garbage.

By Rex's time, America had outsourced all its manufacturing, so local development took a hit.

Thanks George Sears!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)