MG ST-84 as a buddy vehicle
08-15-2015, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2015 07:10 AM by Dr. Clark.)
MG ST-84 as a buddy vehicle
What if the new Metal Gear model ends up being drivable and even have act as a buddy in MGS:TPP? We have a playground for it (two at least with Afeghanistan and Africa), we already have DWalker as a buddy, Huey seems to be working on something bigger and the new model may have an AI to act like in PW's Outer Ops.

How many of you like this idea and think it may be a possibility? From what I read, people are still divided about being able to drive REX in MGS4 so what about now?

[Image: Zanzibarlandsymbol.jpg]
08-15-2015, 01:20 PM
RE: MG ST-84 as a buddy vehicle
I thought piloting REX in MGS4 was fun but I feel a fully functional Metal Gear as a buddy might be a little OP. Maybe it can be a temporary buddy during the story?
08-15-2015, 07:56 PM
I want to be able to commandeer it. Big Grin

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
08-15-2015, 09:47 PM
Quote:How many of you like this idea
It is as dumb as MGS4 Rex escape segment.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
08-16-2015, 03:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2015 03:21 AM by Dr. Clark.)
(08-15-2015 01:20 PM)Tanooki Wrote:  I thought piloting REX in MGS4 was fun but I feel a fully functional Metal Gear as a buddy might be a little OP. Maybe it can be a temporary buddy during the story?

OP? What's that?

I certainly wouldn't mind to only be able to drive it in Afeghanistan and let Russian soldiers know what feels like to have their original idea stolen and used against them, although it's overkill and if such was available I'm thinking it's something in a new game plus or unlockable after finishing the story or completing certain missions pertaining to Huey and or MG.

(08-15-2015 09:47 PM)Victor Katilis Wrote:  
Quote:How many of you like this idea
It is as dumb as MGS4 Rex escape segment.

To be fair, the segment was lousy due to the architecture of the route along with REX's roar making the mech regain health and street fighter program but the idea of piloting it wasn't bad.

(08-15-2015 07:56 PM)Old Gross Wrote:  I want to be able to commandeer it. Big Grin

Exclusive menu option: "extinction"! Tongue

08-16-2015, 06:01 AM
(08-16-2015 03:17 AM)Dr. Clark Wrote:  OP? What's that?

Over powered. A fully functional MG would be able to wipe the map clean of baddies real quick.
08-16-2015, 11:32 AM
I don't think it'll be a buddy. It'll be classified as a vehicle just like any other.

It'd be pretty bad ass if you're in a situation and then you just call in Mother Base to just drop that shit on your position.

You hop in. DD hops into the seat in front of ya. D-Walker attaches itself too like a Megazord. D-horse brings up the rear. Quiet teleports to the outside takin out mofos like a cyborg ninja with a gun, and it all be like...

[Image: avengers009.gif]
08-16-2015, 03:10 PM
So, claims of ST-84 being OP. I could've sworn "overpowered" applied only to games' multiplayer experiences. I don't believe in something being overpowered in a single-player game, though games these days that feature RPG elements have level-caps, which I think is stupid but whatever.

Anyway, if ST-84 can be commandeered, I wonder what all you can do with it. Sadly, I don't think environmental destruction is part of the picture. If I remember correctly, it will be possible to procure nuclear weapons in The Phantom Pain, but I never thought you'd use ST-84 to use them, as I assumed the railgun was for non-nuclear actions like in Peace Walker.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
08-16-2015, 10:18 PM
I've never thought "overpowered" to just apply to multiplayer games, just anything that's menacing and really powerful. Like a walking tank that can fire missiles, takes a lot of damage, has a giant arm and who knows what else up its sleeve.
08-17-2015, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2015 01:52 AM by Dr. Clark.)
I agree with Tanooki, although taking in mind Kojima's will to infiltrate and be stealth more than going guns blazing, using ST-84 would just be the pinnacle of how it's not supposed to play. As written above, I think that if available it would only be after the main story, something unlockable and to have some fun with.
Unless some new weapon is revealed, I think ST-84 will follow the nuclear route with the rail gun.

PS: I had this in mind but with more helicopters, fire and bodies laying around.
[Image: 320px-Rexfield.jpg]
and this
[Image: Mg2_artwork_small.jpg]

08-17-2015, 12:25 PM
It would be fun to face off against the most awesome future-tech-in-past METAL GEAR ST 84 in the dinky metal gear from MG1.

Do it Kojima.
08-21-2015, 01:48 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2015 01:49 AM by Dr. Clark.)
I'm betting Konami will make a game about customisable mech battles from MG! Rolleyes

08-26-2015, 04:59 AM
I feel like they missed a huge opportunity to have online Metal Gear battles sort of like Armored Core. I think it would be pretty cool to customize your own and fight people.

Benny Harvey, RIP
08-29-2015, 07:38 AM
(08-26-2015 04:59 AM)sput Wrote:  I feel like they missed a huge opportunity to have online Metal Gear battles sort of like Armored Core. I think it would be pretty cool to customize your own and fight people.

Don't worry, like I thing I've said here earlier, a MG combat game is probably in Konami's plan along with cutting MGSV areas into maps for multiplayer and take the MB and FOB thing into an online game of tower defense with the player owning a PMC a la MGS4.

09-26-2015, 02:43 AM
So, the Battle Gear was to be available in the field but was too disruptive gameplaywise...both BG and ST-84 could only be available way far into the end. It was a lost opportunity.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)