Licensed music in MGSV
06-22-2015, 07:12 AM
RE: Licensed music in MGSV
(06-22-2015 02:30 AM)Snake_Plissken Wrote:  I don't understand the need for licensed music since you can import your own music in the game.

Its usually about the money, even if a few bucks. I can imagine Konami put out the message in that they were doin a game that takes place n the 80s that would showcase gadgets and cassette tapes form the time, and if any of you record companies would like to bein, well, for a few bucks here and there we can get your songs in. Same way in the James Bond films you have all the watches and cars... to a ridiculous point. There was a MGS with Doritos and other stuff, MGS3 I think.
This is a company interested in gambling after all, so any money chip they can get from any product they will. How they manage, with more or less elegance, its up to them and the, well, game director or whatever you call him. Obviously they want to keep an eye in that the game will not be sucking money from the player every 5 minutes, but they can suck money from anyone else as far as Im concerned...
06-22-2015, 08:26 AM
It's more likely that Konami has to shell out money for using licensed music.

I think Kojima's trying to tell us something by emphasizing the use of music, particularly in his trailers and with 'headphone torture.' Perhaps by incorporating subliminal messages within.

A big theme is about control of speech and language and having a voice.

Perhaps a means of transcending such barriers could be something as simple as through music.

Quiet can't speak, but she can hum a song.

The soviets, despite being enemies of the West, still enjoy Western music.

Kaz can play a fiddle. Fiddle

Maybe now that he's yanked the Mammal pod out of the sea, it'll start singing too. And they'll bring the vocaloid back so we can rebuild Metal Gear Miku.

Music can bring together humanity. Maybe even calm the savage beast in Big Boss.
06-22-2015, 08:30 AM
Or maybe the use of (loud) music as torture!

[Image: Zanzibarlandsymbol.jpg]
06-22-2015, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2015 09:00 AM by Venom Animal.)
Holy shit, I'm annoyed by almost every letter of every word of that post. Same to you, buddy.

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children
06-22-2015, 10:18 AM
I like how some of the songs that will be featured were some that I heard in Vice City back in 2002. Smile

The licensed music list is pretty sweet thus far, though I just wish it were possible to import music of my own choosing. Sadly that's Sony's problem, and they're just not prioritizing that shit with the PS4...

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
06-22-2015, 02:27 PM
Blame everyone who didn't buy a PS3. Sony basically all but confirmed that the reason is because everyone wanted a 360 just to play Halo and have a few exclusive DLC a few months early. Hence why this time around instead of making a console that can do everything again they just want to make one that can play games and get some exclusive DLC for games a few months early.
06-22-2015, 05:43 PM
well, if Konami or Kojima had wanted humanity to rise and get together, then they would have gone for 80s stuff like...

12-02-2015, 06:35 PM
Cassette Tape coming with new OST
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest...ape/.95975
12-04-2015, 09:34 AM
Good thing the iPhone 6 has a cassette deck.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
12-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Another extended soundtrack so you can buy it all over again.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1156157

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)