Licensed music in MGSV
06-20-2015, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2015 02:37 AM by Venom Animal.)
Licensed music in MGSV
I went ahead and compiled a list of all of the licensed music I know of that's being featured in MGSV so far, and added them to a youtube playlist. I'll update the playlist and this thread as more songs are confirmed, so please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Kids in America - Kim Wilde
The Final Countdown - Europe
Take on Me - A-Ha
Only Time Will Tell - Asia
Ride of the Valkyries - Richard Wagner
Maneater - Hall & Oates
True - Spandau Ballet
The Man Who Sold the World - Midge Ure
Elegia - New Order

I'm assuming that "Elegia" WILL be in and that "Not Your Kind of People" and "Nuclear" will not be in because they're contemporary. I'm also assuming that the version of "The Man Who Sold the World" is Midge Ure's cover and not the David Bowie original based on impressions from NeoGAF, but would love to be corrected.

In the meantime, use this thread to speculate on what songs you think might be featured, or that you'd like to be featured. Remember, they must have been published around or before 1984!

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children
06-20-2015, 02:41 AM
RE: Licensed music in MGSV
Joy Division was confirmed, although the actual track used has not.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
06-20-2015, 03:05 AM
(06-20-2015 02:41 AM)Punished Singh Wrote:  Joy Division was confirmed, although the actual track used has not.

I hope it's "I Remember Nothing"

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
06-20-2015, 05:08 AM
Any chance Yackety-Sax made it in?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
06-20-2015, 07:44 AM
Would love to see "Land Down Under" by Men at Work make it in. Imagine just driving through the Afghani desert or Africa in your Jeep while listening to this, how fitting it would be.
06-20-2015, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2015 02:20 PM by jdnation.)
This song has to be there somewhere. It can't not...

And I will search the ENTIRE MAP for this one. Intel teams had better deliver.

06-21-2015, 10:37 AM
I'm gonna save my selection and when the game's out I'll check how many songs I predicted correctly. Smile

ABBA - The Winner Takes it All

Kool and the Gang - Celebration

Queen - Another One Bites the Dust

Joan Jett - I Love Rock n Roll

Soft Cell - Tainted Love

Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made of These)

J. Geils Band - Centerfold

Men at Work - Down Under

Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

Michael Sembello - Maniac

Olivia Newton-John - Physical

The Human League - Don't You Want Me

The Police - Every Breath You Take

Billy Idol - Eyes Without a Face

Billy Joel - Uptown Girl

Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the Dark

Culture Club - Karma Chameleon

Cyndi Lauper - Time after Time

Duran Duran - Union of the Snake

Eurythmics - Here Comes the Rain Again

Kool and the Gang - Joanna

Michael Jackson - Thriller

Pat Benatar - Love is a Battlefield

Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters

The Pointer Sisters - I'm so Excited

Tina Turner - What's Love Got to Do With It

Van Halen - Jump

Yes - Owner of a Lonely Heart

06-21-2015, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2015 10:49 AM by SexyKaz.)
They did confirm Nuclear and Not your kind of people coming to the OST. I don't see why they wouldn't use them in the game aswell unless all the music is strictly from pre-1984.
06-21-2015, 11:11 AM
If it has Depeche Mode I'll be happy! What I like the most is Strangelove, Personal Jesus and Enjoy the Silence but those are after 1984.
Also, can we have Scorpions?

[Image: Zanzibarlandsymbol.jpg]
06-21-2015, 04:33 PM
Billy Idol has been confirmed though like Joy Division we do not know exactly which track. Unfortunately I have a feeling it will be Rebel Yell as opposed to something more fitting like Eyes Without a Face.

I'd like to see Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Sisters of Mercy, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Depeche Mode, Swans and Bauhaus. Death In June has a LOT of stuff that would fit in but they may be a little too obscure and controversial.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
06-21-2015, 05:06 PM
If we try guessing every song some of them will be right.
06-21-2015, 10:48 PM
(06-21-2015 04:33 PM)Punished Singh Wrote:  Billy Idol has been confirmed though like Joy Division we do not know exactly which track. Unfortunately I have a feeling it will be Rebel Yell as opposed to something more fitting like Eyes Without a Face.

I think it is quite likely that "Eyes" will be included, as the song is based on a French horror-film of the same name and this movie has had a huge impact on Kojima. He said, the film traumatized him as a teenager and that it's among his top-5 of scariest films ever.

Besides, Ishmael is designed after one of the film's characters.
06-22-2015, 02:30 AM
I don't understand the need for licensed music since you can import your own music in the game. Seems like a waste of resources that could have been spent on licensing weapons. Then again I guess the PS4 version can't import music so I guess there is one reason to include it.
06-22-2015, 03:06 AM
(06-22-2015 02:30 AM)Snake_Plissken Wrote:  I don't understand the need for licensed music since you can import your own music in the game. Seems like a waste of resources that could have been spent on licensing weapons. Then again I guess the PS4 version can't import music so I guess there is one reason to include it.

So that there can be environmental music in enemy bases? To expose young players to the music that Kojima grew up with? Licensing guns has moral implications since you're giving money to the people who make those guns.

06-22-2015, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2015 05:20 AM by Snake_Plissken.)
Kojima was already a full grown man in 1985 he didn't grow up with that music.

I understand having music in the game that was the whole point of importing your own.

Generation Z will not even listen to those tracks much less enjoy it, and besides they shouldn't even be playing this game honestly. Although GTAV online is proof that they probably will and the servers will be full of 8 to 12 year olds.

And Nothing is wrong with guns or gun manufacturers It is the people that use them to murder other people in cold blood that is the problem. Don't fucking talk to me like I am stupid, and stop being such a liberal douchebag you pretentious fucking nerd. You sound like David Hayter. That's why I don't talk to that douchbag anymore. I am just going to go ahead and throw you on that same list of people not to associate myself with anymore.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)