Konami censors RISING trophies/achievements
04-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Konami censors RISING trophies/achievements
[Image: crying.jpg]

Achievements like 'Virtually a God' and 'Becoming a Lightning God' have been "adjusted" in order to avoid controversy and offending people in the region says Konami upon releasing an update to rename achievements that portray Raiden as a rival God to the region.

Ayatollah Singh Komeni Ravi spoke to IGN.me saying, "We are a people who shall always exemplify Bros before Hoes, but we will not tolerate any challenge against Allah before whom lightning bolts are as nothing but candle smoke before the sun!"

Konami, already in a spot with regard to controlling taboo subject matter in the Metal Gear Solid series since MGS2 with 9/11, then with the taboo subject matter of children on the battlefield in Ground Zeroes, is spending a great sum to patch these out while ignoring patching Xbox copies of Silent Hill HD Collection due to expense.

"Nobody bought Silent Hill copies on Xbox to justify it," reported Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter rifling through his NPD files while waiting for his seat on GT's Bonus Round to be cleaned, "So it is certain that the fanbase remains predominantly on PlayStation products with regards to both these Konami brands. But with Konami trying to make inroads in a growing market like the Middle East, it should do as much as it can to encourage adoption, which means being sensitive to issues in the region."

Hideo Kojima was recently in Saudi Arabia for the Metal Gear Anniversary Event and to promote Konami in the region where video games are a growing market. Fans went to the event to meet the famed Metal Gear creator; one emotionally proclaiming,"I tell you in the name of risen one, Raiden, that there is no big boss of Metal Gear but Kojima, and KoreP is his producer!" The evening went well with interviews, signing events and fire dancers and even Gagnam Style to top of the night.

"Given the growing relations between the Middle East and Konami, it is easy to see why Konami would take the trouble to censor any potentially offensive trophies, and thus they were cut at the will of Allah," said the Konami regional representative.

http://me.ign.com/en/news/9801/konami-re...iddle-east
04-15-2013, 02:14 PM

What is this, the 4th century? Who the fuck thinks anyone even cares to 'rival' their god? Because I'm sure it's Raiden's intention to usurp their Overlord and Master, Allah. That'll be the plot of Revengeance 2.
04-17-2013, 01:43 AM

I hear these muslim brain-dumps put you in jail if you write something negative about Allah on Twitter. So yeah, no surprise there.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
04-17-2013, 11:15 AM

They can censor Rising, but they'll never censor me! Ironic, considering that I cause rising on the part of everyone who actually likes that shit game.

[Image: Sub-Zero.gif] [Image: sonicrunninggif1.gif] [Image: RyuRunningR.gif]
RAVI TRIED TO MOLEST US! RUN!!!

Overclockwise, the GIGANTIC fucking faggot, confirmed our suspicions when he Wrote:And if you ever dump your boyfriend, I'll take him.
05-15-2013, 12:21 AM

muslims rpobably dont even care about this shit.
05-15-2013, 03:43 PM

Edit: I said something stupid. But seriously, "Ayatollah Singh Komeni Ravi"?
05-15-2013, 05:03 PM

DarthCaligula Wrote:Edit: I said something stupid. But seriously, "Ayatollah Singh Komeni Ravi"?

http://thesnakesoup.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6554
06-28-2013, 04:38 PM

tension Wrote:muslims rpobably dont even care about this shit.

Yes they do. One thing you must know about muslims, is that they never waste a good oportunity to be butthurt over the most irrelevant of things.
06-29-2013, 08:41 AM

I hope someone Boeings the Konami building in Tokyo.

Quote:
PUNISHED JIKO
[Image: GIF_zps1a97fccb.gif]
06-29-2013, 10:09 AM

I'm just here to ruin this thread too. How is everybody

Benny Harvey, RIP
06-29-2013, 11:21 AM

SpaceByrd Wrote:I'm just here to ruin this thread too. How is everybody
Rule B1 violation.

Yeah, the rules are back too now. I'm like Wyatt Earp bringing the law to Tombstone.

Punished John Wrote:
PUNISHED RONOK
Does not exist
06-29-2013, 11:37 AM

3rdmillhouse Wrote:One thing you must know about muslims, is that they never waste a good oportunity to be butthurt over the most irrelevant of things.

So they're just like the Western liberal P.C. folks at the ACLU and the LGBBQTTAXYZ61. I hear if you enter that last one into the Redeem Codes section of PSN you get a free avatar of Neil Patrick Harris.
06-29-2013, 12:09 PM

Punished Ronok Wrote:
Rule B1 violation.

Yeah, the rules are back too now. I'm like Wyatt Earp bringing the law to Tombstone.
Sick! Now it's back to being boring

Benny Harvey, RIP
06-29-2013, 12:29 PM

Kinsoku Jiko Wrote:I hope someone Boeings the Konami building in Tokyo.
Boeings?

Punished John Wrote:
PUNISHED POLLY
A Nintendocrat who stands her ground
Soup Awards 2010 Wrote:BEST FEMALE POSTER
PollyannaX
06-29-2013, 02:39 PM

SpaceByrd Wrote:
Punished Ronok Wrote:
Rule B1 violation.

Sick! Now it's back to being boring
Just wait until we get to this scene:

Pollyannax Wrote:
Kinsoku Jiko Wrote:I hope someone Boeings the Konami building in Tokyo.
Boeings?
[Image: wtc+ufo_animation.gif]

Punished John Wrote:
PUNISHED RONOK
Does not exist

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)