Kojima will receive his Game Award. Konami can't stop this!
11-17-2016, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2016 01:12 PM by jdnation.)
Kojima will receive his Game Award. Konami can't stop this!
Geoff Keighley is awarding Kojima that prestigious amazingest death-defying sponsored-by-Jeep INDUSTRY ICON AWARD! Revengeance against Konami for not allowing Kojima to collect the goods last year.

[Image: Cxez1KMVEAAFzCc.jpg]

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=28655

Similar to the previous year I expect Keighley to have a highlight reel of Kojima's entire career, which includes all franchises Konami owns and therefore Konami will not be able to censor Kojima's name anymore, not when it's emblazoned on a statue!

"Legendary Game Creator Returns to The Game Awards Stage For A Very Special Tribute

On the heels of the nominees announcement for The Game Awards 2016, organizers for the game industry’s biggest celebration today announced that its highest honor, the “Industry Icon Award,” will be presented to legendary game creator Hideo Kojima. Kojima will attend the live ceremony on December 1, 2016 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles to receive the award.

Kojima, known for his work creating the “Metal Gear Solid” series, was unable to attend the 2015 ceremony, where his latest game, “Metal Gear Solid V,” was nominated and won the award for “Best Action/Adventure Game.” His studio, Kojima Productions, is currently working on its next project, “Death Stranding,” starring Norman Reedus.

“Hideo Kojima is one of our industry’s most accomplished and innovative storytellers,” said Geoff Keighley, creator of The Game Awards. “When we started work on this year’s Game Awards, my first priority was to make sure we honor him properly in front of his peers and fans.”

The Industry Icon award recognizes individuals who have made an inedible impact on the video game medium. Past recipients include Ken and Roberta Williams (founders of Sierra Entertainment, which published “King’s Quest” and “Leisure Suit Larry”), and Bretty Sperry and Louis Castle(founders of Westwood Studios (Command & Conquer, Red Alert)."

Will Kojima also bring a new Death Stranding trailer with him? Or will that be at PSX? Either way we'll likely see something new really soon!

And damn it Kojima, nobody cares about you just talking about ropes and sticks and stones and Ludens and cooperation and what-not... Just give the people what they want! Mads Mikkelsen Naked!!! And not just from the back! We want it all!
11-17-2016, 01:23 PM
RE: Kojima will receive his Game Award. Konami can't stop this!
I'm not sure how I feel about Kojima's legacy.

He started off doing truly amazing, industry-advancing titles that pushed the limits of what gaming was defined as.

But once Metal Gear Solid began to take the industry into the hyper-cinematic territory, whoch was truly ground-breaking at the time, the over-saturation of the cinematic gaming experience has done nothing but set the entire industry back. Gameplay is more simple than it's been in two decades while production costs are higher than ever to a point where even a successfully selling game could still be a disaster, and all on the name of being a AAA cinematic experience.

I wonder how much influence Kojima may have had on the current poor state of gaming, unintentional as it may be.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
11-18-2016, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2016 10:40 AM by jdnation.)
Think about what influence Kojima could've had on the world!

Hope Geoff brings this up! But then again American Award Audiences are stupid.

Flashback: How 'Metal Gear Solid 2' Foretold Our Post-Truth Future
http://www.glixel.com/news/how-metal-gea...re-w450225

Geoff should force the audience to watch this.

12-02-2016, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2016 12:29 PM by jdnation.)
DAmnit Keighley! YOu were supposed to show us the Metal Gears! I guess Konami still controls how much Iconic shit you get to show to award the guy who made the iconic shit for them!

What he did there, we saw it...
[Image: 2164f2b7f4a41b78055899e94e0ee5f444f05dda...;amp;h=160]
12-06-2016, 03:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)