Kojima's name on the cover, both good and bad - Kojima.
08-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Kojima's name on the cover, both good and bad - Kojima.
Kojima has Kojima's name on his studio and his games.

But Kojima understands that this can be good and bad.

It's a good thing it that it suggests authorship, and fans will always follow you.

But it can be a bad if that fanbase is limited, and thus marketing doesn't like it because it may not be as inviting to a greater pool of people outside the fanbase.

Some people like James Cameron however have a very huge broad fanbase and so marketing doesn't worry as much when James Cameron does what James Cameron does because James Cameron is James Cameron.

But for Kojima, he is not so big, so the appeal of his name is more limiting.

However!

Given that his new studio is starting up and small, he is relying more heavily on his fanbase to help carry him through, and thus - Kojima Productions making a Hideo Kojima Game.

Read about that and more, including Death Stranding 2: A Sony Franchise, that Kojima may retire from, here:
http://www.develop-online.net/special-fe...eyond/0128
08-10-2016, 10:03 AM
RE: Kojima's name on the cover, both good and bad - Kojima.
I don't see how it could hurt really, unless someone specifically wants to avoid anything a certain person was involved with. Kind of like if you read a book, maybe you'd just read it because it looked interesting, and if you liked it, you might start specifically looking for other books the same author had written. When I first started playing Metal Gear Solid, I didn't think much about who was behind it, though interviews with Kojima in Electronic Gaming Monthly made me more aware of him. So I don't see how it would hurt, most people would probably just see that "A Hideo Kojima Game" thing and just not care whatsoever either way.
08-12-2016, 04:43 PM
"Tactical Espionage Action" > "Hideo Kojima Game"

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
08-18-2016, 09:05 AM
It's almost like he spent all these years plastering his name everywhere with it's own logo but only ever worked fully on one series. What the fuck does he expect people to think his games are going to be.

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
08-18-2016, 11:05 AM
Shitty.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)