K'NAMI needs to stop with bs updates
12-21-2015, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2015 10:19 PM by BigB0SS.)
K'NAMI needs to stop with bs updates
This new update is bs. I already hit 100% and got all the emblems months ago. Now I'm supposed to do some bs task checklist, get more emblems, and more random FOBbing off. Yea and I like how the new patch deletes all the dlc, making you have to reinstall them.
12-21-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: K'NAMI needs to stop with bs updates
Makes me glad I haven't bought it yet.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
12-21-2015, 11:28 PM
I should have done the same. This is only three months in... imagine how many updates there will be in next few months. Shit won't even be the same game.
12-22-2015, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2015 08:45 PM by DarthCaligula.)
I noticed that checklist thing too. I don't really care. Though getting 100% on those mission tasks is a pretty fun challenge, since unlike Ground Zeroes it isn't idiotic stuff like "SHOOT ALL THE RATS!!!!"

Canucklehead, the gameplay itself is really fun in this, though the story could have been much better. I absolutely would recommend it, as long as you don't take the story too seriously.
12-22-2015, 09:17 PM
Well, since I haven't been able to take the story seriously since MGS2's Plant chapter...

I do plan to pick it at some point, but when is the question.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
12-23-2015, 01:08 PM
The gameplay is fun, but it's only fun in the allotted areas. The world is full of a bunch of nothing, and there are no random encounters to make the world more fun to explore.

Josh don't get it until it drops to $20 or you can get a free copy

Benny Harvey, RIP
12-23-2015, 06:23 PM
While it's true that there's a bunch of nothing out there in the game, I actually like it in a way because it makes me actually feel like I'm traveling through the wilderness. It's something that's really hard to accomplish in a game, because you have to actually program all of these areas, so usually they'd actually want something in there. While I like to be able to do stuff in a game, it kind of makes it feel less real if there are things to find everywhere I guess, like in Skyrim. I also thought that GTA5 did a good job with all the wilderness in it, making it feel more realistic, and that giant map in the new Zelda looks really exciting to me as well.
I guess that like with most things, it comes down to individual tastes.
12-24-2015, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2015 03:08 PM by BigB0SS.)
The game isn't bad in some ways. Yes it's fun running around exploring. I probably spent 100+ hrs exploring (out of 250+ hr playthrough).

The problems are that, you rarely encounter any of the resistance fighters (Mujahideen). Yes you save one fighter. Where is everyone else? One thing MGS4 had going for it, was at least you felt caught between armies/in the middle of battleground. MGSV should have had resistance fighters shooting rpgs from mountainsides, etc. And meeting talking to resistance fighters, etc. Would have been hilarious to meet Bin Laden.

Too many features that don't serve any purpose... such as having d-horse dump everywhere. Yes I know Kojima's ideas were cut short. Suffers from too many weapons. Too much time spent developing weapons you will never use.

Story full of plot holes, too short, missing portions (mission 51). BS plot twist that should have at least been introduced earlier to avoid being too pissed off.

And all these microtransactions and constant updates drags out the experience. Why do I need level 9 weapons when I've beaten the story already? To play a couple FOB infiltrations? haha yea

Fun game without compelling story is half a game. I'll take a game with mediocre graphics with compelling story over a game with amazing graphics and poor story every time.
12-24-2015, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2015 03:54 PM by DarthCaligula.)
I completely agree that we should have actually seen the Mujahideen in the game. We hear Ocelot and Miller talk about them, and how the Soviets are fighting them, but we don't actually see any of them except a few POWs to rescue. You brought up MGS4, and that's an excellent point. We should have seen the Mujahideen fighting the Soviets, letting us choose to help out or not, but instead we just see the enemy everywhere we go.
And about the twist, personally I loved it. Story wise, it's stupid and pretty pointless, yes, but thematically, I love it. I absolutely loved the message at the end and what Kojima was saying to us, and I'm amazed that not everyone seems to get it, since it's way more obvious than Raiden's dog tags.
What I think Kojima was doing with the end was to destroy Metal Gear's timeline and to divide the fan base. Either you're an old school fan and reject the idiocy of the ending "canon" wise, or you're a Big Boss fanboy idiot who probably had a raging hard on through the entire game. At this point, Big Boss is now the true hero and Solid Snake is officially Pussy Snake who was just a pawn of the Patriots and all that nonsense. The game didn't show the child soldiers, village massacres, and other horrific things that we old school fans know that Big Boss did, and I was really disappointed about this when I played, so now Big Boss looks like some hero, and now the Big Boss fanboys are going to argue like crazy about what "really" happened with Big Boss and Outer Heaven. I really think that Kojima just spitefully destroyed the Metal Gear timeline and canon with this ending, so that no one could ever salvage it, and I love it for that.

It seems that the general consensus here is that the gameplay is overall fun, but we were all disappointed in the story to varying degrees. I'm just trying to argue that we should look at the story thematically, and that it's actually pretty good from that perspective. As if any of us here went into this game thinking that it was actually going to reveal anything about Metal Gear's history. Let the Big Boss fanboys suck their own dicks, we old school Solid Snake fans know better.
12-24-2015, 06:08 PM
(12-23-2015 06:23 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  I guess that like with most things, it comes down to individual tastes.
Wel said, I guess. I really hate that there aren't more random things or easter eggs in the world, and that you're only allowed to do things at outposts or during missions. There aren't really any missions that are stupid fun either, something PW had that I couldn't believe I found myself missing.

I think if you want a wilderness feel you play a game more like Red Dead Redemption.

Quote: I really think that Kojima just spitefully destroyed the Metal Gear timeline and canon with this ending, so that no one could ever salvage it

I haven't considered this, but if this is in any way true, I have more respect for the guy. Him destroying it even further than he had with MGS4 just to fuck with Konami for treating him like shit...I like that idea.

I just have this strange feeling that you're giving him too much credit. I think he just fell short this time. The twist was really fucking stupid and made me think "what the point in playing as some nobody?" It's that the story had nothing to do with anything is what made me really salty. It doesn't feel like an MGS game to me.

Benny Harvey, RIP
12-24-2015, 06:43 PM
Well, I have more thoughts on the plot twist, but I just can not figure out how to do spoiler tags and I don't want to risk getting banned for giving spoilers. I just have to say that I thought it was really obvious what the actual meaning was and I'm amazed that looking around online, that the majority of people just somehow don't get it even though it's like I said, way more obvious than the meaning behind Raiden's dog tags at the end of MGS2.
01-07-2016, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2016 02:09 AM by BigB0SS.)
Looks like more FOB updates. Mosquito's Revenge again... more exclusive camos.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)