Just bought this piece of shit
12-30-2015, 03:48 PM
Just bought this piece of shit
It must be a piece of shit because it's brand new for $35. Not gonna play it until tomorrow though.

I'd better get some good fucking shit for playing Ground Zeroes without murdering POWs.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
12-30-2015, 09:03 PM
RE: Just bought this piece of shit
Nice. Have you played any yet?
12-30-2015, 09:45 PM
I downloaded my Day One bonus shit, downloaded the latest patch, installed the game daya, downloaded some other shit, downloaded some MGO shit, and finally waited through a Coma Black cutscene for the Title Screen to appear before going into Options to set up my controls like I have Ground Zeroes set up.

That took an hour and a half. And that's as far as I got. The Man Who Sold the World was nice. That bitch who got her face all up in my shit and then busted up my '80s ghetto blaster had better keep fucking running though!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

12-30-2015, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2015 10:09 PM by BigB0SS.)
Haha. About an hour of updates just to play the prologue... which is about an hour long. You're talking about the nurse with blonde hair? I originally thought about doing youtube walkthroughs for TPP but then realized how much time this would take (factoring in audio/visual editing).
12-31-2015, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2015 01:40 PM by Canucklehead.)
You should have made video walkthroughs for setting up the thirty-six accounts necessary to play MGS4's MGO mode. I've never actually played it because some account got screwed up somehow and I was never given a character slot, thus I could never make a guy and bring him into a game.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

12-31-2015, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2015 07:42 PM by BigB0SS.)
Haha I remember that. Wasn't the server hosted by Kojima Productions, and not Sony? I remember method for buying items was a hassle / self contained server. I never bothered with the Beta release with the MG Saga Vol.2 disc. Played around 10+ hours in official release just to get the scanning plug. Thought it was funny how they made all items available during the last 1-2 weeks before the server was shut down.
01-02-2016, 01:19 PM
So I'm not too far in - only just got D-Dog available as a buddy - but it's pretty cool. I still can't have my "!"s and "?"s without the godawful Marking turned on, but I just pretend it's Splinter Cell or something and go without.

Only major issue I have is that it doesn't matter where you hit an Armoured vehicle. Shooting a rocket up a tanks ass doesnno more damage than hitting it square in the plate, and that's dumb as fuck. Even Piss Walker's vehicles were weaker to attacks from the side and especially the rear. A rocket right up the tail and straight down into the crew hatch should be a one-hitter, and I've to see a game that lets you pop the turret.

Oh well. I like ot so far. And I like that the story is told between missions rather than having dumb-fuck CoD shit happen every ten seconds. I'm already a Fox-Hound!

Anyway, gonna go kidnap Otacon's grand-pappy and waterboard him with D-Horse's shit. Ciao!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-04-2016, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 01:52 AM by Victor Katilis.)
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS.

Also, eh, complaing about tank having uniform damage model? This piece of shit is MADE of sloppy gameplay mechanics. I mean, does it not bother you how the burning husk BLOWS UP and disappears after it burns for a couple dozen seconds.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
01-04-2016, 06:26 AM
I actually haven't ever noticed a destroyed vehicle disappear. In fact, I remember specifically destroying a tank in a narrow canyon, and the husk ended up blocking my progress through, and restarting checkpoints still didn't make it disappear.

Otherwise, the main problem that's become apparent is the same issue Farcry has. The world itself is "large," but there's nothing in it, and all the shit to do is at the various facilities and outposts that are along the roads. And especially in Afghanistan, the world isn't even an open-world. The whole place is just a linear network of canyons. Africa seems more open, but I haven't explored much of it.

As much as the game lets you do and as large as the overall world is, I also think Ground Zeroes' base was bigger and better designed than any place I've been to so far in Phantom Pain. I do like it a lot, but it's got some issues. Still, much better than MGS4 and Peace Walker.

Although...did they actually ret-con the snook in Paz's snatch? That happened in this game's own prequel! Fuck!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-04-2016, 09:05 AM
(01-04-2016 06:26 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  Although...did they actually ret-con the snook in Paz's snatch? That happened in this game's own prequel! Fuck!

Just keep playing.

Also, I am wondering what you'll think when you're finished. I know you don't care about the story at all but I'm curious what you'll think.

Benny Harvey, RIP
01-04-2016, 11:59 AM
I believe I already know what the big twist is.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-04-2016, 11:27 PM
But the weird thing is that people don't even seem to understand the meaning behind the twist, even though it's so incredibly obvious.
01-05-2016, 09:17 AM
I'll have more insight when I actually get there. For now, I'm laying hard discipline on the guys roaming Mother Base for leaving fucking diamonds everywhere.

Also, this Skull group is beyond fucking retarded. Not that they aren't cool looking. They're just even more retarded than The Cobras and B&B combined. The AIs in Peace Walker were less retarded than them. I wish Metal Gear stayed within the realm of possibility instead of whatever the fuck happened after 2000.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-07-2016, 09:35 AM
I'm right disappointed that the Child Soldiers aren't standard enemies that can be fought & killed. Especially the stupid ones you have to rescue from the mine that run straight into the enemies' faces right after you tell them not to move.

Fuck this game and fuck these dumb kids.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-07-2016, 10:28 AM
(01-07-2016 09:35 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  Especially the stupid ones you have to rescue from the mine that run straight into the enemies' faces right after you tell them not to move.

That mission's way less trouble if you just tranq them all and then carry them, or wait til you get the child upgrade for fulton.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)