Ishmael question - spoiler
10-18-2015, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2015 09:45 PM by A.G..)
Ishmael question - spoiler
Why does Ishmael have two eyes? During the hospital scene it's clear he has two eyes, and is blinking with both. Yet after the ambulance it's back to eyepatch (mission 46).

Seems like a massive mistake.

METAL GEAR FOREVER 2001-2012
[Image: MetalGearForever.gif]
10-18-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Ishmael question - spoiler
You do realise zero fucks were given in the making of this POS?

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
10-19-2015, 01:36 PM
Big Boss still physically has his eye, it's not some blank hole in his face. Probably a color contact if you really care to explain it, but you really shouldn't because its shit.

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Is big boss and Ismael the same person?

>_>

it is what it is
10-19-2015, 03:52 PM
This is why this twist really annoys me, a lot.
It wasn't really foreshadowed, since all of the events of the prologue are played out legitimately.
It's no genius master-work, the game basically lies to you, then 46 main missions later, abruptly says "nah we were lying" and retcons itself.

So with the detail about Ishmael's eye, obviously showing one of his eyes missing would have compromised the awful twist.
10-19-2015, 04:31 PM
(10-19-2015 03:52 PM)BusterHarvey Wrote:  This is why this twist really annoys me, a lot.
It wasn't really foreshadowed, since all of the events of the prologue are played out legitimately.
It's no genius master-work, the game basically lies to you, then 46 main missions later, abruptly says "nah we were lying" and retcons itself.

So with the detail about Ishmael's eye, obviously showing one of his eyes missing would have compromised the awful twist.

I hate to be that guy, but if you didn't know that there was some shit going down at the beginning, when you had two guys with the same voice, and one of them just happens to have his face covered up, calls himself Ishmael (and you Ahab) and then suddenly disappears from the ambulance later, all whilst you seem to conveniently have amnesia about who you are, then you might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I mean, I haven't played Peace Walker, and I haven't played Ground Zeroes, (actually, I haven't even played this game yet either), but I watched a no-commentary walkthrough of the beginning missions on youtube, and about halfway through the opening hospital scene, I knew it was HIGHLY likely you weren't playing as the real Big Boss.

Sure, I haven't played the last couple of games, but I have played ALL of the others, and I can pretty much tell when Kojima is trying to fuck with me at this point. He's done it in just about every single MG or MGS game so far.

It's kind of like, if you hadn't seen the movie yet, and someone told you to watch "The Usual Suspects",....and,....see if you can guess the surprise ending. Sure, if you just watched it, had no idea what it was about, and nobody told you to watch out for anything, I could maybe see you not picking up on it, but once they tell you there's a twist ending, you're going to start looking for it, and it ends up being kind of obvious.

Nobody told me there was a twist ending, but I've played too many MGS games to not know there's one coming by now.

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...
10-19-2015, 05:08 PM
Sounds like a shitty game.

Sorry for those who couldn't wait for it only to be disappointed.

it is what it is
10-19-2015, 05:17 PM
(10-19-2015 05:08 PM)Soupp Fann Wrote:  Sorry for those who couldn't wait for it only to be disappointed.

Sweet, sweet vindication.

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-19-2015, 05:29 PM
(10-19-2015 03:52 PM)BusterHarvey Wrote:  This is why this twist really annoys me, a lot.

So I take it you were asleep when the mammal pod says "You're not Jack." or when Miller tells you baby Liquid is a 0% genetic match to you?

I understand, the game bored the fuck out of me too.
10-19-2015, 07:58 PM
Also Ishmael obviously didn't have facial hair, the bandages didn't cover his lips yet suddenly BB has facial hair?
10-20-2015, 04:53 AM
LMAO this is MGS2 in reverse. Like I heard some people talk about still finding new stuff in MGS2 on subsequent playthroughs (I dunno what they are smoking, but not the point). Here, with each passing day, we keep finding out how shit this game truly is.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
10-20-2015, 03:04 PM
Quote:I hate to be that guy, but if you didn't know that there was some shit going down at the beginning, when you had two guys with the same voice, and one of them just happens to have his face covered up, calls himself Ishmael (and you Ahab) and then suddenly disappears from the ambulance later, all whilst you seem to conveniently have amnesia about who you are, then you might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Yeah clearly there were clues in it from the very beginning...I did wonder why in that early trailer that showed the hospital/whale shenanigans, why that bandanged guy was voiced by Kiefer Sutherland.

And yet the way they put the truth mission in was a bit odd. It's just jammed in amongst all the alternate difficulty missions, suddenly Venom is in Outer Heaven, with no explanation of how and why he transferred there, nor do we find out what became of Diamond Dogs or the mother base. It's like we should have had a few more steps in between the second outbreak and Venom standing in front of that mirror.

-
10-20-2015, 04:57 PM
(10-20-2015 03:04 PM)Artful Dodger Wrote:  It's like we should have had a few more steps in between the second outbreak and Venom standing in front of that mirror.

Didn't you hear? Originally the game had like 10 chapters. Also guard dogs, Lord of the Flies final boss battle, and a bunch of cut lines for Boss.

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-21-2015, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2015 01:18 PM by Nike Schneider.)
(10-18-2015 09:43 PM)A.G. Wrote:  Why does Ishmael have two eyes?

The better to see with!

(10-20-2015 04:57 PM)sput Wrote:  Didn't you hear? Originally the game had like 10 chapters. Also guard dogs, Lord of the Flies final boss battle, and a bunch of cut lines for Boss.

Yeah its all true I read it on the internet from someone who's dad works at Konami.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
10-22-2015, 09:46 PM
Looks like the V Has Come To theme was ripped off from Deux Ex Human Revolution. Bravo!

METAL GEAR FOREVER 2001-2012
[Image: MetalGearForever.gif]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)