Is this Rising's title screen and menu? [UPDATED]
01-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Is this Rising's title screen and menu? [UPDATED]
[Image: title.gif][Image: menu.gif]

No, it's not:

"We love video games. We also love action. So we took it upon ourselves to pitch for the new Metal Gear Solid game. We designed the logo build for Kojima Productions and the game titles. In addition, we created a few samples of menu design and mood.

Client: (Kojima) Spec project
Agency: Angelsign Studio
Year: 2010
Images do not represent the actual game menu graphics
"

The official Angelsign Studio Twitter had these Tweets made last year between October 25th to the first of November:

"Pitching in progress.. All the day preparing a presentation.. And it looks so damn good. Crossing our fingers."

"Pitching progress: quality is a priority. We want to give that even more."

"Actually we won the pitch. It has been a great working weekend!"

Well it's good to know that Metal Gear Solid: Rising will probably ditch the pussy minimalistic title screen menus of previous Metal Gear titles and might go for the "IN YOUR FUCKING FACE" style that has been used for sports show branding, news montages and beer commercials. Welcome to the future.

UPDATE: Sheen from Metal Gear Solid Aimgehess got in touch with Angelsign Studio and it seems like whatever happened in late October 2010 has nothing to do with Rising, according to an oddly-spaced e-mail from managing director Alessandro Blanco:

"First of all, thanks a lot for appreciating our work.
I think today everyone out there missed something, the TEXT that we wrote under our work in the Showcase.
That work for Kojima is a a SPEC project, a proposal, a concept we decided on ourself [sic] to realize for the upcoming game of Kojima Productions(that we like very much).
It was non commisioned [sic] from the company, and maybe will never be realized, because is a CONCEPT, we don't know if multiplayer will be implemented in the next version
of the game, and we don't work for Kojima.

To be fair to myself, I only said we "might" see this sort of style in Rising's title. Likewise, I never took the "MULTIPLAYER" thing seriously and only mentioned the pitching Tweets because they could have been related. Nonetheless, nothing to see here; I guess the future has yet to yell at us in the face.

UPDATE: Angelsign took down the page because too many people "missed something."

SOURCE: Angelsign Studio

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
01-05-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:We designed the logo build for Kojima Productions and the game titles. In addition, we created a few samples of menu design and mood.
Even though this isn't meant to be the final menu, the fact that this was supposed to be a mock-up is STILL offensive.

I'm thinking about updating that comic with even more information.

Cool Stuff I Worked On:
Seeing Things For What They Are - Raiden & Rose Analysis
MYTH: Hideo Kojima said that Portable Ops and Metal Gear Rising are canonical
Metal Gear Solid V: Parasitic Legacy
01-05-2011, 03:48 PM

Wait those mock ups say multiplayer... So you can cut real people at will?! Or maybe you can cut at will with a buddy!

Punished John Wrote:
PUNISHED POLLY
A Nintendocrat who stands her ground
Soup Awards 2010 Wrote:BEST FEMALE POSTER
PollyannaX
01-05-2011, 04:06 PM

If it ends up having Multiplayer (doubtful), what would it be? MGO with all the expansions a la Halo 3: ODST?

Punished John Wrote:
PUNISHED RONOK
Does not exist
01-05-2011, 04:09 PM

Suck it the fuck up. All of you.
01-05-2011, 04:10 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n7C_TJx0...w#t=03m01s
Now, THAT'S how you do a fucking title screen!
xalener Wrote:Suck it the fuck up. All of you.
[Image: Mgs_rising_community_wars.JPG]
NO U

Cool Stuff I Worked On:
01-05-2011, 04:18 PM

xalener Wrote:Suck it the fuck up. All of you.
I sucked it up and I gagged. xP

EDIT: Just noticed. I saw difficulty select.
Thank god. I miss that option.

Punished John Wrote:
PUNISHED POLLY
A Nintendocrat who stands her ground
Soup Awards 2010 Wrote:BEST FEMALE POSTER
PollyannaX
01-05-2011, 04:47 PM

PollyannaX Wrote:EDIT: Just noticed. I saw difficulty select. Thank god. I miss that option.
I'm thinking about trying to beat the game with Naked camo. Or go on a "I LOVE THE BEACH" run.

Cool Stuff I Worked On:
01-05-2011, 04:58 PM

As I said it was just a concept and we just confirmed that it wasn't even accepted by Kojima Productions yet, if ever.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
01-05-2011, 08:41 PM

You guys should think about how much more awesomer this menu will be with rock music in the backgound, and in stereoscopic 3-D! And when you select a button, it gets cut in half, and then shocked with electricity and then EXPLODES and makes your controller RUMBLE!!! Then you'll be like, "Oh Yeah! This is the Metal Gear game America has been waiting for!!!" Then you'll forget that the game ever came with a single player mode and you'll jump straight into multiplayer to cut some bitches up and yell at them, "HOW YOU LIKE DAT?! RAT-A-TAT-TAT!!" and you'll orgasm when your achievement score goes up another 200 points and you win a "BAM" T-Shirt for your avatar! And all your friends will know that you did, because the game will tweet them to tell them to check it out on Facebook!
01-06-2011, 12:00 AM

jdnation Wrote:You guys should think about how much more awesomer this menu will be with rock music in the backgound, and in stereoscopic 3-D! And when you select a button, it gets cut in half, and then shocked with electricity and then EXPLODES and makes your controller RUMBLE!!! Then you'll be like, "Oh Yeah! This is the Metal Gear game America has been waiting for!!!" Then you'll forget that the game ever came with a single player mode and you'll jump straight into multiplayer to cut some bitches up and yell at them, "HOW YOU LIKE DAT?! RAT-A-TAT-TAT!!" and you'll orgasm when your achievement score goes up another 200 points and you win a "BAM" T-Shirt for your avatar! And all your friends will know that you did, because the game will tweet them to tell them to check it out on Facebook!
THIS POST WAS POWERED BY MOUNTAIN DEW.

01-06-2011, 05:44 PM

It pleases me that these are fake. I can't see multiplayer working either.
01-07-2011, 12:20 AM

Hey, cool. They used my logo reproduction in those menu screen renders.
01-08-2011, 12:59 AM

Well they took it down.

01-09-2011, 03:54 PM

Check it out yo! Here's some concept gameplay! They're bringing Solidus back and here's what he was up to during his term as President...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)