I just bought Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge...
04-02-2013, 02:31 PM
I just bought Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge...
...now I'm only three levels in on Hard mode, but based solely on what I've played so far, in comparison, Rising isn't even good enough to line a Nazi outhouse shit-box with.

Rising sucks more dick than Ravi on a Friday night, and that's a whole lotta dick!

Plus it's only $40, and if you download the demo, everything you unlock/buy in that transfers to the full game, giving you a head start. What the fuck does Rising do? It just sucks, and not in the good, highschool blond sort of way. I mean, like, Ravi on a Friday night.

Rising can lick me where I shit.

[Image: Sub-Zero.gif] [Image: sonicrunninggif1.gif] [Image: RyuRunningR.gif]
RAVI TRIED TO MOLEST US! RUN!!!

Overclockwise, the GIGANTIC fucking faggot, confirmed our suspicions when he Wrote:And if you ever dump your boyfriend, I'll take him.
04-02-2013, 10:38 PM

Hey, I just rented Revengeance afterall to see for myself. Overall it seems mixed what I've read for it. Guess I'll see.
I remember the first Xbox Ninja Gaiden. I got to that flying demon chick in the church or whatever, and just could not beat her. Maybe if I retried it I could. I'd probably have to start from the beginning again though so I wouldn't totally suck. I remember with the first boss, how I kept losing, then seriously, I tried applying a bit of the philosophy I learned in Aikido and managed to beat him. I was always pretty impressed with that.
04-03-2013, 04:48 AM

That's because the guy who started the recent line of Ninja Gaiden games developed fighting games, and he designed Ninja Gaiden as a fighting game rather than a traditional hack & slash.

Overclockwise, the GIGANTIC fucking faggot, confirmed our suspicions when he Wrote:And if you ever dump your boyfriend, I'll take him.
04-03-2013, 01:07 PM

DarthCaligula Wrote:I tried applying a bit of the philosophy I learned in Aikido

This is probably the douchiest thing I've read on this site

Benny Harvey, RIP
04-03-2013, 04:06 PM

Is that a fucking challenge?

Also, everyone buy this game and let's play. You'll like it better than Rising if you're not brain-dead.

04-03-2013, 07:45 PM

SpaceByrd Wrote:
DarthCaligula Wrote:I tried applying a bit of the philosophy I learned in Aikido

This is probably the douchiest thing I've read on this site

Seriously. It was pretty much about rather than just attacking him, I waited for him to attack, because he would be most vulnerable then. Avoiding his attacks, that sort of thing. I don't care what you think, it actually worked. Not that it worked in every fight, like against that stupid flying chick.
04-04-2013, 04:59 AM

Alma? She's the same thing, but you can't use a basic attack. Flying Swallow while she does her own is usually a safe bet, or right after she attacks. Then you go punish her and her gigantic green nipples.

She's also a boss in the Trials for this game, which has VS and Co-op modes, and multiple characters. So fucking buy it.

04-04-2013, 09:34 PM

OK, I've actually had a chance to play it now. I wasn't expecting much from the plot, and it's actually pretty funny. It's like a B movie. No way anyone could take this crap seriously. The music.... OK sometimes, but whenever there's singing I want to strangle that guy going "OH YEAH DUDE YEAH YEAH YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!" I thought that part when Raiden chopped up that Ray was so ridiculously over the top it was hilarious. I was laughing so much at that.
The stealth is all right I suppose. Not anywhere near as good as those new Batman games. I keep wishing this super cyborg Raiden could jump up on buildings, but I guess I can't really complain about that since you've never been able to do that in Metal Gear anyway.
I hate this first boss. I hate him so much and it's because I'm obviously supposed to parry his attacks, but OH GEE GOLLY, the parry button is the same as the attack! What a great idea! So instead, when I'm trying to parry I'm .5 seconds too early and Raiden swipes with his sword, so I try button mashing and that doesn't work either. McDick or whatever the hell your name is now, didn't you say that you could just push him against the wall and mash the button to kill him or something? Sure isn't working for me.
And I thought you guys were joking about the electrolytes. I can't believe that they're actually talking about taking the enemies' electrolytes in this game. Why don't they just load up Raiden with a ton of Gatorade then? Oh wait, he needs to have some Mountain Dew (sorry, Mtn Dew) so it can be XTREME BRO YEAH YEAH YEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!!!
God, this is a disgrace to Raiden's character from MGS2.
04-04-2013, 09:52 PM

DarthCaligula Wrote:God, this is a disgrace to Raiden's character from MGS2.

[Image: tumblr_m2ua4deAFq1qimk9fo1_500.gif]

Fuck YOLO but it was the only gif I could find of Raiden slipping on bird shit.
04-06-2013, 10:46 AM

Ok, so I totally changed my tactics with fighting Blade Wolf. Instead of trying to parry him which seems to rely on sheer luck, I just used ninja run to stay away from him constantly until he attacked, and then I would take some pot shots at him, a couple weak attacks. Then I just beat up the guys he gets to help him and use the same tactics on him each time. That French chick was a lot easier than him. The game's OK, but definetly not something I'd ever buy.
And I'm absolutely going to retry Ninja Gaiden after I'm done with this.
04-06-2013, 06:46 PM

Ninja Gaiden makes Rising look like getting anally raped by a big black guy, except that's more enjoyable than playing Rising.

Raiden's almost as gay as Ravi.

04-07-2013, 06:34 PM

While fighting that Monsoon guy, I discovered that you can in fact dodge in the game. This would have really helped in the fight against Blade Wolf. I guess people weren't joking when they said that the game doesn't tell you how to do anything.
04-08-2013, 03:49 AM

No, and EVERYTHING is done via a button that does something else first, so the whole affair is just a big button-mashing cluster-fuck.

You know how you block in Ninja Gaiden? You hold L1. You know how you counter-attack? You attack whole holding block. You know how you dodge? You move while holding block. Notice the pattern here? Oh, you know how you run up or across walls? You just jump at them; no bogus Assassin's Creed button that does nothing other than waste controller space. You know how you figure out what each combo is? You open the fucking combo window and scroll through a very simple list that shows you the combo name and the inputs, and it's all divided by the stance you have to be in to do it, ie. Standing, Blocking, Jumping, Running, etc. and every weapon has a very hefty list and all behave very differently.

Rising is a joke. Maybe it's better than the original Ninja Gaiden 3, but that's about it. And everyone knows that that game was a joke. And even then, it STILL had a pretty decent array of Multiplayer Modes for the kids. What the fuck does Rising have? Not a lot. Fuck that game.

Also the new Razor's Edge game sells brand new for $40, comes with 100 co-op levels on the disc, five playable characters, all of which you level up yourself as you play, the main story mode's 10 levels can be played with all but one of them, and the Player Vs Player mode tops it all off.

Rising has shitty Raiden in a sombrero and DLC VR Missions for one. Waste of my fucking time.

04-08-2013, 09:14 PM

OK, I'm just using this topic to give my review bit by bit. I love how they refer to 9/11 in this game despite the fact that, you know, IT NEVER HAPPENED IN THIS SETTING! Why don't they just use April 30th, 2009? It's an equivalent event in this setting. I have a strong feeling that whoever the hell wrote this doesn't even know what Zanzibar Land was. But who cares? It's XTREME!!!! Oh yeah, I sure loved that "Jack's gonna let er rip!" line. I mean, it must be hard to come up with so many stupid one liners.
I hated that fight against the robot French chick and Monsoon. I just hated it. At least I finally learned how to parry somewhat since that stupid Monsoon AI part sucked so much and I just had to use it. Now I'm wondering how the hell I managed to beat the real guy first without parrying. Well at least I'll finally see Sunny soon and probably feel guilty thinking how hot she she is.
Uh oh, am I giving spoilers? Who cares? The story sucks and whoever wrote this doesn't know a thing about Metal Gear anyway.
04-09-2013, 03:48 AM

Spoilers only count if they aren't shit. So Rising's "plot" is fair-game.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)