I just NOW noticed that "Big Boss"...
09-30-2015, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 08:47 PM by JohnnySasaki20.)
I just NOW noticed that "Big Boss"...
....has to aim with his fucking left eye. Now, I would imagine you could get used to that eventually with something like a handgun, but how the fuck does he aim with any sort of shouldered weapon on his right side? I can't believe this didn't occur to me in MGS3 immediately after he got shot by Ocelot. I guess because it's mostly a third person game, but still.

Anyway, I can shoot lefty (with rifles, not handguns) about just as good as I can righty, and considering it's damn near impossible to see the iron sights or look through a scope on a rifle with your left eye whilst shooting righty (I saw my inexperienced friend try to do it once, and it was cringe-worthy), wouldn't it be conceivable that BB would now solely be able to shoot lefty with anything but a pistol?

Or am I just looking waaay too far into a game where you can run around and fool guards by simply wearing a cardboard box?

And another thing, did Kojima read Moby Dick like 30 times before making this game or what? Ishmael? Ahab? A helicopter called "Pequod"? A giant whale eating a helicopter in the opening scene? Etc.

The fuck is that all about? And yes, I know the ending, but it still doesn't make much sense.

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...
09-30-2015, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 02:36 PM by BigB0SS.)
RE: I just NOW noticed that "Big Boss"...
Haha good point. He uses his "phantom eye" to aim right handed. They should have called the antogonist Moby Dick or something similar... perhaps Dick Face?
09-30-2015, 05:56 PM
Some purchase justifiers will argue and say it's "muscle memory" or some stupid shit. Kojima would probably just say he got gud.

Benny Harvey, RIP
09-30-2015, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 06:53 PM by JohnnySasaki20.)
(09-30-2015 05:56 PM)sput Wrote:  Some purchase justifiers will argue and say it's "muscle memory" or some stupid shit. Kojima would probably just say he got gud.

Yeah, lol, I'm gonna go with "they done goofed and didn't think of it", or at least didn't think it mattered/anyone would notice.

Oh well, there's a metric fuck-ton of other crazy shit that has happened in these games, so I guess it really doesn't matter. It's just something I figured I probably SHOULD have noticed before, but just didn't for whatever reason.

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...
10-01-2015, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 01:34 AM by Victor Katilis.)
At least in MGS3, they vignette off the right side of the screen in the first person view
[Image: Big+boss+and+aiming+after+several+years+...414110.png]

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
10-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Yeah, those first two pictures are pretty blatant. Couldn't someone over at KP noticed that he's aiming through a fucking eyepatch, and at least slipped Kojima a memo or something?

Like; "Yeah, hi Mr Kojima. Um, I realize that there are characters in these games that shoot lightning bolts out of their body, and are essentially immortal and can walk on water, etc, but I think Naked Snake/Big Boss might have to shoot lefty from now on,......ya know,.....considering he doesn't have a right eye and all. And if you're planning on explaining it away with the awesomeness of Big Boss overcoming his inability to see through the sights and aim, then why not just have him shoot from the hip? Just thought I should maybe give you a heads up. K, bye."

10-04-2015, 06:38 AM
A lot of people are right-handed yet left-eye dominant.

They either train to fire left-handed or just aim with their left eye. You don't need to be fucking Yoga Grandmaster to turn your head 5° to the right while aiming.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
10-04-2015, 07:03 AM
(10-02-2015 05:22 PM)JohnnySasaki20 Wrote:  Yeah, those first two pictures are pretty blatant. Couldn't someone over at KP noticed that he's aiming through a fucking eyepatch, and at least slipped Kojima a memo or something?

They probably put a memo on that board where they left one to start ZOE3 all those years ago. The 'do not rike this' suggestion board.

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
10-05-2015, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 08:55 PM by JohnnySasaki20.)
(Sorry ahead of time for any spelling mistakes, as I'm typing this on my phone)

First of all, I know a lot of people are right handed and left eye dominant.

Secondly, I mentioned that it's not very difficult to shoot with your left eye while shooting right handed with a pistol, if that's what you [b]have[/] to do. For the record though, it's still recommended that you learn to use your right eye, because its just a better, quicker, and more efficient way of shooting.

And thirdly, I was referring to shooting a shouldered weapon like a rifle (or, like in one of the pictures posted above, something like an RPG), and if you want to shoulder the weapon in your right shoulder and aim with your left eye, it doesn't matter if you're a yoga grandmaster or not, it essentially cannot be done. At least, it can't be done with the vast majority of most weapons and most weapon sights, and even if it could, it couldn't be done feasibly, repeatably, quickly, or accurately enough to do it in actual combat.

I actually tried looking through my Trijicon TA01NSN after I posted my first comment, and while I eventually was actually able to position my head in such a way so as to actually see light out of the corner of my eye through the scope, but to get even that required me to have me turn my head literally perpendicular to the stock, and at that point I couldn't technically see the crosshairs at all, because I couldn't turn my eyes left far enough to make anything out. Go ahead, try it next time you're at the range.

Now, beings it was elevated above the ACOG, the Trijicon RMR red dot on top was much easier to see with my left eye, but even that seemed like a pain in the ass, and would still be a lot easier to just shoot lefty. Shooting lefty really isn't all thst hard unless you're shooting a pistol.

So, I didn't peep through any of my Eotechs, to see how hard it was to see through that with my left eye (I would imagine it's a little bit easier), nor did I pop up the backup irons to check that out either, but just the massive amount of trouble it was to even get light to hit my left eye through the ACOG tells me it's not feasible at all with almost, if not all standard height weapon sights.

Now, if you were rockin' an early 90's Delta setup, with the aimpoint on top of the carry handle.....

[Image: 9ljZAKjauBo.jpg]

....then I would say it might be able to be done.

However, the point is completely moot, as he's still wearing a fucking eye patch and still blind in and/or missing his right eye, whilst CLEARLY aiming with it.

This is my entire point.

10-06-2015, 02:46 AM
Yup, I bitched about it in 2003 and ever since.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-06-2015, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 06:11 PM by JohnnySasaki20.)
Yeah, granted, I haven't played a Metal Gear game since 2008, but I can't believe I'm just NOW noticing this bullshit. I guess I was distracted by the hilarious boss names in MGS3, lol.

Anyway, for fucks sake Kojima, put in a little effort. Ya know, for the kids. It's the details that count.

Then again, it took me almost 11 years to figure that shit out (btw, it came out in late 2004), lol, so I guess I can't bitch too much. But it's one of those things you just can't unsee.

10-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Yup. I don't know about Phantom Pain, but he still aims with his eye-patch in Ground Zeroes.

Also, for the zero people who give a fuck, I'm right-handed, shoot right-handed with my right eye, but and left-eye dominant.

Holy fucking shit.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-06-2015, 06:26 PM
Yeah, shooting right handed, with your right eye, whilst being left eye dominant, is entirely possible with enough training.

For whatever reason, I actually don't know which one of my eyes is dominant, but whenever im tired, and im looking at ny phone, I always (like right now) find myself closing my right eye in order to see better. So I could very well be left eye dominant too and just never noticed because I was always trained to aim and focus with my right eye with both eyes open while shooting.

And I haven't played the game yet, but I've seen gameplay videos online and he's still aiming directly through that fucking eyepatch of his.

The best is when you go into first person view and not only is it perfectly clear, but he even appears to have perfectly fine depth perception.

10-06-2015, 07:23 PM
Keep both eyes open and put your arms straight out in front of you. Make a diamond with your hands, place an object out in the distance in the gap between your hands and close the gap until you can only just see the object. Then close each eye one at a time; whichever eye you still see the object with is your dominant eye.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Yep, totally left eye dominant.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)