I have stolen all the world's nukes, and you better do what I say!
10-17-2016, 08:29 PM
I have stolen all the world's nukes, and you better do what I say!
"Attention the world as a whole, my name is Big Boss, and my nation of Zanzibar Land is now the world's only one true nuclear power! Do not try to stop me, or I'll use my ultimate nuke launching vehicle to strike anywhere on the planet! Ha ha ha! No nation can stand against me now!"

"Attention Big Boss, this is the UN. We would like clarification on your demands."

"My demands are... Uh... To be a crazy asshole! None of you better get in the way of me being a crazy asshole, spreading war all over the place!"

"Could you please clarify?"

"I uh... I love war! More than sex! I've got all the world's nukes! You better not piss me off! You better let me be a crazy asshole, or you'll regret it! I'll kill anyone! I don't care! I'm CRAAAAAAAZY!!!!"

"Um...."

"I... I'm an asshole... I've got nukes, man! I uh, I want... Um... I demand... Well you see, I, uh, I... I... I'M A CRAZY ASSHOLE AND YOU BETTER DO WHAT I SAY!!!"

I mean seriously, what the hell was Big Boss hoping to accomplish by stealing what was left of the world's nukes in Metal Gear 2? Good job idiot, you just pissed off the whole world, so everyone wants you dead, way to go.
10-17-2016, 11:52 PM
RE: I have stolen all the world's nukes, and you better do what I say!
take on the globalists, obviously

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
10-18-2016, 02:58 AM
(10-17-2016 08:29 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  Good job idiot, you just pissed off the whole world, so everyone wants you dead, way to go.

Yeah, no shit. It's almost like he wanted there to always be a war or something.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
10-18-2016, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2016 12:59 PM by DarthCaligula.)
But wouldn't Zanzibar Land just be one huge target for every nation to send their special forces in to destroy? That's my point. It's not like they're hiding out in mountains like the Taliban or something, they've got a big building that everyone could see with satellites. What I'm getting at is, I don't see how he expected to win if he's pissing off the entire planet.
10-18-2016, 01:50 PM
Special Forces don't do what you think, he has Land and Air superiority, long-range defence capabilities, and numerous non-combatants and civilians on site.

It's not as easy as dropping a JDAM and cracking a beer.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-18-2016, 02:21 PM
OK OK, I see your point. So I guess I was wrong.
10-18-2016, 08:32 PM
Wasn't Big Boss in MG2 actually a 'snatcher'?

Maybe that's why he crazy... A.I. was not so advanced.
10-18-2016, 08:39 PM
I'm pretty sure that line was just Kojima making fun of Snake's Revenge.
10-18-2016, 08:51 PM
BU... but... the MGS4 database...
10-18-2016, 08:53 PM
Oh sorry, I didn't mean to contradict that holy tome. I deserve 40 lashes for my blasphemy.
10-18-2016, 10:48 PM
Metal Gear was supposed to be the ultimate deterrent. Suppose no one wanted to get their non nuclear ass nuked by Big fucking Balls.

ALL THE NUKES IN TEH WORLD

Too bad MGS1 makes virtually no notion of this.
10-19-2016, 12:39 AM
I don't think MGS1 totally contradicts this. There's a part when Snake says "The Nuclear Age ended with the turn of the millennium." This line only makes sense if you've played Metal Gear 2, Snake is referring to the US and USSR lowering their nuclear arsenal. Personally, I think of it as after the Zanzibar Land incident that everyone realized how close they came to being helpless to some maniac and increased their nuclear arsenal like crazy, and Snake wouldn't know this because he's living as pretty much a recluse.
I admit it doesn't totally fit, but I think that in the first four games, the inconsistences are small enough that we can still see them fitting together. It's MGS4 where the stories in the previous games become worthless and everything is retconned into oblivion.
10-24-2016, 05:01 PM
So more seriously, let's say that the situation we see in the game actually happened. Let's pretend every nuclear power decided to join hands and sing kumbaya, reducing their nukes to zero, then somewhere in south east Asia or something there was a guy who now claimed that he had in fact stolen most of those nukes, had the capability to launch, and was threatening anyone who tried to stand up to his new nuclear power. What would the world powers probably do? I have a feeling that sending in a single soldier to take them out isn't the answer.
10-24-2016, 07:08 PM
The UN and NATO would try to negotiate a ceasefire, have inspectors enter to see that humanitarian rights aren't being violated, deploy peacekeeps around Zanzibar, help relocate civilians who want to leave Zanzibar, and ultimately berify that the country have neither the ability to produce or desire to create more nukes while also attempting to negotiate disarmament.

Military action would be a last resort, as it usually is.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-26-2016, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2016 12:52 PM by John Doom.)
(10-17-2016 08:29 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  "Attention Big Boss, this is the UN. We would like clarification on your demands."

"ONE MILLION DOLLARS!" Big Grin
According to the opening sequence, Zanzibarland is supposed to be the first nuclear power, so I guess Big Boss' plan is to.... well, "take over the world"!

(10-18-2016 12:58 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  But wouldn't Zanzibar Land just be one huge target for every nation to send their special forces in to destroy? That's my point. It's not like they're hiding out in mountains like the Taliban or something, they've got a big building that everyone could see with satellites. What I'm getting at is, I don't see how he expected to win if he's pissing off the entire planet.

Because he's the one with the nukes, probably no country would risk attacking Zanzibarland directly.

(10-18-2016 08:32 PM)jdnation Wrote:  Wasn't Big Boss in MG2 actually a 'snatcher'?

I think I remember it was just hinted that his body was reconstructed using the same technology used for the Snatchers, but I don't remember they actually said he was a Snatcher. But anyway, I think this was just an easteregg.
There's also another one when the Colonel says the radar is jammed because of the presence of Snow-9 (too bad they changed this codec-call too for Subsistance, there was no need to Sad ). EDIT: I found the codec-call I was referring to: this one. It's called Minovsky, not Snow-9... sorry Big Grin. Thought it fits the description of the Snow-9, that's why I thought they were related :\ (and maybe they are?).
(source: Junker HQ's text dump):
Quote:SNATCHERS employ a bioengineered crystal form of pollen, known as SNOW 9, as a type of electronic camouflage because of its disruptive effect on electromagnetic radiation (radio signals, et. al.)
----
0x6aa5: Sorry, Gillian. I can't get a clear frequency at this location.
0x6ae6: Why not, Metal?
0x6af6: It's probably due to the presence of SNOW-9.
0x6b25: SNOW-9?
0x6b2d: It's a bioengineered form of pollen which interferes with radio transmissions. I can't transmit from this area.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)