Here, MGS5, this is how airdroppping armored vehicles works in Real Life.
09-28-2015, 02:06 AM
RE: Here, MGS5, this is how airdroppping armored vehicles works in Real Life.
Indeed those are way better ideas and options than what we got. Btw, I've just remember something: they (DD)continuously fly over war zones in fucking helicopters which are slower and more vulnerable than an aircraft!

Also, after the mech orgy that was PW, I'm surprised that there aren't no other AI vehicles, namely Chrysalis for rescuing operations or even a new kind of VTOL with the former's technology.

[Image: Zanzibarlandsymbol.jpg]
09-28-2015, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2015 06:09 AM by Victor Katilis.)
A certain AI pod makes an appearance. That pod also doubles as a coffin.

Yeah, fucking UH-60s (lightly armored transports) flying willy nilly right next to outpost and everyone is none the wiser. Nevermind the fact that the silhouttes and rotor sounds actually serve for distinguishing the type of aircraft for anyone with an ounce of brain in between their ears, leave alone for soldiers who are specifically trained for it before deploying.

Even better lol, Soviet camps in this game feature aircraft identification charts like this:
[Image: il_570xN.626150128_llaf.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]

Lol, just read that in current state of Fulton system, you can airlift up to six people at the same time irl

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
09-28-2015, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2015 10:09 AM by Dr. Clark.)
I already know about retrieving the Boss' AI and Strangelove beind locked there to die by Huey. Like I've said, I will buy and play this game for gameplay purposes, not for the story so I already know something about it and don't mind to know the entire tale.

What I meant is that development seems to be tied with infantry only...we have four buddies and none of them is an aerial machine. Couldn't we have a flying Mk.II or a gear with Chrysalis hover technology? We already had a miniature rail gun and ZEKE surpassing REX so why not? They introduced VTOL in 3 so why not go with it instead of making a fucking iDroid that makes no sense in a battlefield due to its intense light and ridiculous voice? I know Groznyj Grad and the Granin Design Bureau were blown to shit but Ocelot could also have some specs or getting their hands on a VTOLand develop from there.

About the hearing, Solid Snake could identify a helicopter in MGS2 but Russian soldiers can't because who the fuck knows... Oh, oh, I know, it's because they are hearing 80's music because being immersed in the age's music is sooooo important, more so if it has Bowie and the Final Countdown!

At the beginning I was wishing and hoping that the old Gurlukovich would appear but seeing how things are, it's one less person to be ruined and Jonathan already has bad reputation and I'm sick of him so better yet he's also not in the game.

[Image: Zanzibarlandsymbol.jpg]
09-28-2015, 09:13 PM

I'm on my second play through of it (I didn't even bother unlocking all of the gear or finish the side ops due to boredom) and the only part of the game I cared for was chapter 1. It has a fun boss fight and an...okay story. It's like the game shits its pants at the start of the 2nd chapter and it just stands there with a thousand yard stare for the rest of the duration...and then you see it roll down it's ankles. The gameplay is the best in the series, though.
09-28-2015, 10:23 PM
Honestly after playing MGSV pretty much since release I installed and replayed MGS1 on the PS3 I just had shipped half a week ago and I'm enjoying sneaking around more than I ever was in MGSV.

So I can't even agree with that.
09-29-2015, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 02:56 PM by Victor Katilis.)
Quote:That Sons of Puberty vid
We were in agreement if you didn't notice.
Quote:The gameplay is the best in the series, though.
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: 350x700px-LL-135fd277_Shaquille-ONeal-Ca...Videos.gif]
[Image: 1485.gif][Image: Tom-Cruise-crazy-laugh.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
09-29-2015, 01:32 PM
Ok, wait a minute, we need to define "gameplay" and then we take that to each of the games in the series... the overall gameplay in MGS5 is... ok, not perfect, and clunky at best. And clearly not comparable to the tough thing to beat that was MGS... what a pain...
But the Fox Engine does have efficiencies prior games didn't have... still not perfect though, it can hardly be topped by other engines as best as I can tell from browsing demos and such.
09-29-2015, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 05:05 PM by sput.)
It's not defining the term "gameplay". It's defineing "good gameplay". Is the game fun? Sure. Is it stupid? Fuck yes it is.

Benny Harvey, RIP
09-29-2015, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 07:40 PM by Victor Katilis.)
It is fun for the first couple days. Once you realise how fucking limited, constrained and downright contrived the whole thing is, and you witness it fall apart - the fun goes away, and 'let's just get this over with and forget I ever bought it' munchkin/powergamer phase begins.

My vision is augmented ©
09-30-2015, 06:27 AM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 06:29 AM by PoisonSnake.)
To me it was a slow start to get some fun out of it. Then it got my interest and I kinda reach a level of comfort and curiosity, like should I take the dog or the sniper -which is gonna make the mission more fun or easier? The sniper made it... too easy to the point it took away gameplay, so I eventually discovered the dog was better. And it never felt just right with Kaz giving orders in his hushed voice or recapping the aftermath of the missions, which was just plain bollocks, and this stupid obsession with "Skullface" and "Cipher" never really clicked to me. And what was Ocelot doing all along? Nada. The cut-scenes were bland or terrible, so I was hardly looking fwd to them.
Then... I remember there was a "boss fight" with the Skulls in an airport. I discovered by just getting on top of a building you could blast them as if they were senseless zombies who would never look up -major disenchantement.
And it got worse when after end of chapter 1... I learned you have to replay old missions in a scripted difficulty setting, plus the story and the cut-scenes became just plain moronic and incongruous, and well, it felt as a boring fuck.
09-30-2015, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 10:16 AM by Victor Katilis.)
Quote:Then... I remember there was a "boss fight" with the Skulls in an airport. I discovered by just getting on top of a building you could blast them as if they were senseless zombies who would never look up -major disenchantement.
Or just man a conveniently placed vulcan phalanx emplacement

My vision is augmented ©

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)