Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers
05-31-2015, 04:29 PM
RE: Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers
I always buy GTA games because it's the only way to enjoy my favorite, non-existent, videogame genre. Taxi driver simulator.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
06-03-2015, 01:57 PM
What are you nerds talking about? You could always run and shoot at the same time in Snake Eater, SoL, and MGS1. You just have to hold that one button(I don't remember which on though, I think it was L1 and square at the same time)

Does anyone remember?
06-03-2015, 02:19 PM
I do but I never understood why would you need to run and shoot at the same time in a Metal Gear game.
06-03-2015, 05:47 PM
It's a nice gesture to those with a PS4 who still haven't played it, and it's good marketing to get people excited about The Phantom Pain.

PS+ is a great subscription and you get a lot of great titles to play for the price of one game a year. Tomb Raider, Batman: Arkham City, Dead Space 3, etc. are just some examples. The PS4 library doesn't compare to PS3 sadly, but with time hopefully it'll include more interesting games to check out. That said, I owe a lot of my indie interest to it so far as I had the chance to play Outlast and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth because of it.

[Image: iEvhnuZkVdiu5.gif]
06-04-2015, 04:43 AM
Quote:I do but I never understood why would you need to run and shoot at the same time in a Metal Gear game.

The only reason really.

I speak English, Japanese, and Spanish... I still have no fucking clue what you just said.
06-04-2015, 04:55 AM
I was thinking the same but I couldn't remember if you needed the x+square when throwing grenades.
06-04-2015, 05:04 AM
You don't, but with the video people will see it and go "AH! Yes...".

I speak English, Japanese, and Spanish... I still have no fucking clue what you just said.
06-04-2015, 05:51 AM
(06-03-2015 02:19 PM)SexyKaz Wrote:  I do but I never understood why would you need to run and shoot at the same time in a Metal Gear game.

VR Missions require it if you wanna place 1st, and if you wanna Speed Run MGS1 or beat Ocelot or the two elevator fights with any ounce of grace, it's damn-right essential!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
06-04-2015, 07:51 AM
(06-04-2015 05:04 AM)SolidSnarf86 Wrote:  You don't, but with the video people will see it and go "AH! Yes...".

I legitemately did!

Quote:VR Missions require it if you wanna place 1st, and if you wanna Speed Run MGS1 or beat Ocelot or the two elevator fights with any ounce of grace, it's damn-right essential!

I don't recall what was my score in VR Training, I just remember completing them all before I even realized you could do that. I've never once even tried to speed-run, you can beat Ocelot by just shooting and why shoot and run when you can punch-punch-kick?
06-04-2015, 08:12 AM
P-P-K for VR Missions' Shooting stages, and PPK takes too long for Speed Runs.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

06-04-2015, 08:58 AM
PPK'ing in elevators, silly. And of course I wouldn't punch on shooting stages but I didn't need to move and shoot in Resident Evil either so why I need that in MGS? And again, I don't do speedruns, I do perfect stealth runs which I find much more fun. In which I don't need guns. Except for bosses but every other gun except socom and famas forced you to stop anyway.

Not that gun-running isn't useful. I just never found it useful.
06-04-2015, 09:16 AM
I never even mess with enemies outside of forced encounters. I hate the newer games because of their reliance on the Traq gun to get through unnoticed and without killing.

How the fuck is PPK useful in elevator fights?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

06-04-2015, 09:34 AM
(06-04-2015 09:16 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  How the fuck is PPK useful in elevator fights?
With stun grenades it works well. Or then I'm just senile and punching had no effect on the soldiers.
06-04-2015, 09:46 AM
Not in MGS1. You could knock them out and win in TTS though, but you had to kill them in the original.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

06-04-2015, 11:22 AM
I remember I had the same argument with Adam Sessler from XPlay he swore up and down that MGS4 wouldn't have run and gun because no on used it in past games. I told him he is just doesn't know how to play correctly and he got really butt hurt and disagreed with me. What a bitch.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)