Ground Zeroes Rated 'M'. Rape confirmed.
01-31-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: Ground Zeroes Rated 'M'. Rape confirmed.
(01-31-2014 11:11 AM)Old Gross Wrote:  Oh, so you're not upset with my take on the whole "exploitation of women" thing? Phew; what a relief.....because I think the topic is exaggerated, where people are taking certain things they see and over-analyzing them and subsequently ranting about them online. I wonder if someone on Tumblr ranted about this (CLICK), going on to proclaim how it's the most horrible thing to happen since The Holocaust (I'm paraphrasing, but you get my drift, right?), all the while not even acknowledging two critical things:
1.) Ripping clothes off women isn't what this game's about.....not that I know for sure; I never played this game. But obviously the biggest element in this game involves combat; I think the clothes being ripped is just a little bonus thrown in.
2.) This is Japan. Japan is a different culture from America, Canada, or the rest of the West. You can't tell another culture how to do things; it's like invading a country and imposing its will on everyone, the latter (shoving beliefs down their throats) sometimes being viewed as "immoral".**

In regards to Quiet here in MGSV, all things considered, I hope that the game doesn't sneak in some little thing where, say, Snake asks "How come she doesn't wear any clothes?" because it would give a bad feeling that KojiPro gave in to the whole feminist outrage and decided to come up with something in order to appease them....and chances are that the explanation in the game won't be good enough, either. KojiPro should just ignore the outrage, even if it's global, and continue doing what they do, without their creative process being interfered or derailed.

**Actually, Japan has been doing a bit more censorship or has been lax with ultra-violence in some of their recent mainstream entertainment mediums. I suspect this might be something business-related; if they want to proliferate their products to the West, they'd have to comply with our expectations, and if they don't, their products will probably only be found in hobby stores and the Internet....which would be very bad for business.

I think I missed the sarcasm mark, my bad. I would like to see what the japanese think of the rape scene. I wonder if anyone would know where to look for that sort of opinion. As far as feminism goes, I feel that this is only an issue for the west and the japanese have paid little attention to the matter.

Also, spot on with section B.

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
01-31-2014, 01:09 PM
maybe we should complain about this
01-31-2014, 04:54 PM
(01-31-2014 12:31 PM)Punished Pastry Wrote:  
(01-31-2014 11:11 AM)Old Gross Wrote:  Oh, so you're not upset with my take on the whole "exploitation of women" thing? Phew; what a relief.....because I think the topic is exaggerated, where people are taking certain things they see and over-analyzing them and subsequently ranting about them online. I wonder if someone on Tumblr ranted about this (CLICK), going on to proclaim how it's the most horrible thing to happen since The Holocaust (I'm paraphrasing, but you get my drift, right?), all the while not even acknowledging two critical things:
1.) Ripping clothes off women isn't what this game's about.....not that I know for sure; I never played this game. But obviously the biggest element in this game involves combat; I think the clothes being ripped is just a little bonus thrown in.
2.) This is Japan. Japan is a different culture from America, Canada, or the rest of the West. You can't tell another culture how to do things; it's like invading a country and imposing its will on everyone, the latter (shoving beliefs down their throats) sometimes being viewed as "immoral".**

In regards to Quiet here in MGSV, all things considered, I hope that the game doesn't sneak in some little thing where, say, Snake asks "How come she doesn't wear any clothes?" because it would give a bad feeling that KojiPro gave in to the whole feminist outrage and decided to come up with something in order to appease them....and chances are that the explanation in the game won't be good enough, either. KojiPro should just ignore the outrage, even if it's global, and continue doing what they do, without their creative process being interfered or derailed.

**Actually, Japan has been doing a bit more censorship or has been lax with ultra-violence in some of their recent mainstream entertainment mediums. I suspect this might be something business-related; if they want to proliferate their products to the West, they'd have to comply with our expectations, and if they don't, their products will probably only be found in hobby stores and the Internet....which would be very bad for business.
I think I missed the sarcasm mark, my bad. I would like to see what the japanese think of the rape scene. I wonder if anyone would know where to look for that sort of opinion. As far as feminism goes, I feel that this is only an issue for the west and the japanese have paid little attention to the matter.

Also, spot on with section B.
Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Japan decides to wake up one day and rally against this "exploitation". This whole "social justice" thing spreading everywhere on the Internet is actually very serious; just now my friend called me and mentioned that Sweden is a big proponent of eliminating "he" and "she" and other such pronouns. Sweden. Of all places. Fucking SWEDEN. As far as I'm concerned after having learned that, the spread of "social justice" is global.

While I've not heard complaints in Japan about exploitation of women, there have been some critics of certain things there, like this one lesbian who complained about Hard Gay. Sadly I can't find that info anymore; I remember reading something about it back in 2008. My point here is that even Japan has critics of certain things, including criticism of things that could be culturally-conservative over there.

I remember watching a video years back about "RapeLay". The game is already forbidden in other countries, including the US, but I barely recall hearing something about Japan cracking down on the game due to its content....probably due to some international treaty being brought to light so as to prohibit sales of this game.
Regarding RapeLay, I could care less, because I don't play games like that, simply because they just don't seem interesting. Yup; erotic PC games don't interest me.

I'm all for progress and equality, but this "social justice" thing is a load of shit. It seems more like it's equality on their terms, not for everybody in general. It's only going to cause more harm in the long run.....but apparently the ones who started all this are getting a pretty nice profit. Might this be our answer to everything then?
As for Japan, I don't know. I want Japan to continue to be itself; it can be progressive as well, but don't succumb to the "social justice" shit like we have. Until then, I dare say it's only a matter of time before Japan does like we do and pisses about "exploitation of women".

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
01-31-2014, 07:41 PM
Oh please, the girls losing their clothes in that video is clearly just fan service, and so what? It reminds me of another game I've heard about and watched a few videos for, Akiba Strip, a game about a guy hunting down vampire girls and stripping their clothes off to fight them. Apparently the guy in the game is a vampire himself and the girls try to strip him too. If a vampire loses all their clothes (except underwear), the sun kills them. I actually have a friend who's in Japan for a while and he has a copy of this game (if you're wondering, I found out about this game while looking up other work that the artist, Ogata Kouji, has done, then finding this weird game that he worked on).
Uh oh. Games like this are going to make me a violent rapist. Ban these vile games!
I'm just waiting for people to start claiming that they're born the wrong race or something. Those poor Wapanese should be identified as Japanese on their ID and stuff! And if you disagree you're an asshole!
OK, I don't hate transgender people and I do feel sorry for them if they feel like they were born the wrong sex. That's a subject I try to stay away from I guess. I mean, if I ever found out a girl I was interested had a dick, I'd lose all interest right away, and I guess some people would say I'm some intolerant asshole for it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)