Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Games you're stoked about.
06-16-2008, 03:56 AM
Games you're stoked about.
I haven't played games (like as a gamer) for years now. Everything I see either looks dull, uninteresting, or unfun. No story value worth a fuck, and replay value at a whopping 0 percent!

One of the last games I played and truly fell in love with was Beyond Good and Evil. Now, call me a copout, but this game had some very Metal Gearish sneaking elements with a bunch of TLoZ type action too. Not only did the premise of the game interest me (Underground news network with a cause worth fighting for) but the gameplay and picture taking system was also an interesting feature (a la collect dogtags for special at end).

When this game was released in 2003, It did rather well critically. It made IGN's 12th greatest game for GameCube and 22nd for Xbox. But financially, not so great. It was up against games like Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, and was forgotten entirely.

Once a trilogy of games, due to its poor release, the creator, Michel Ancel, said that this game was no longer series of events, and the cliffhanger ending of BG&E would go unresolved. So obviously, fans were distraught!!

Well, in May of this year, it was CONFIRMED that a sequel for BG&E was in the works for PS3 and Xbox360 (Teaser trailer in sig). Fans of this cult classic regailed in joy that the story of Jade, Pey'j, and the planet Hillys would finally continue!

This is currently THE ONLY GAME I'm stoked about.

So, what are you hyped about? And why?

(See, I can start a serious topic at times.)

Quote:
PUNISHED ECONS
An apathetic alcoholic with an appetite for alliteration.
06-16-2008, 04:12 AM

Hmm, if I was willing to buy a PS3, I'd totally be all over Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 & 2, SOCOM: Confrontation, and MGS4. Those aside, I know of nothing else that interests me. Games were so much better ten years ago and back...

[Image: Sub-Zero.gif] [Image: sonicrunninggif1.gif] [Image: RyuRunningR.gif]
RAVI TRIED TO MOLEST US! RUN!!!

Overclockwise, the GIGANTIC fucking faggot, confirmed our suspicions when he Wrote:And if you ever dump your boyfriend, I'll take him.
06-16-2008, 04:21 AM

Vegas 2 is seriously fun, so I'm not surprised.

Right now... I have nothing to look forward too. I've been waiting for this for 3 years, and I'm more than satisfied.

However, I do have a keen interest in Saints Row 2, because I played the first one and I just want to see if this can actually make things fun, compared to what GTAIV was.

[Image: Liquid_Snake.jpg]

Facebook
SoundCloud
Steam ID
06-16-2008, 06:12 AM

Iam sorta hyped about killzone 2 (aka 3) for the ps3 and also Final fantasy 13 versus

[Image: avatar34.gif]
Lollicon could use some Pepnobismal at the moment now
PSN:yumigami
Wii code:1160-9424-1653
myspace: http://www.myspace.com/catnapx
Gaia online: Forsakened Kitsune
YOU GUYS P05T TO FUCKING MUCH ; ; not fucking fair i can never keep up with any one.....
do u want to fucking play now iam just TOO FUCKING CRAZY FOR YOU
[Image: crazyperson.jpg]
06-16-2008, 07:15 AM

Mass Effect for PC. I'm dying to play it (I didn't want to play it for 360) I already bought it but I'm waiting for shipping to arrive.

This game looks like the serious ultimate sci fi RPG. I have dreamt about a game in wich I would be able to travel from planet to planet all across the galaxy.

I think that even today with shit casual games taking over the market, there are still some breakthrough games being released.

By the way, Beyond Good & Evil 2 has been announced.
06-16-2008, 07:22 AM

Right now heres my list: Bioshock for ps3, overlord for ps3, dead space.
06-16-2008, 07:27 AM

I dont think bioshock is coming on the ps3....but i am stocked for final fantasy 13 versus which i think should be the main game...but ill probably buy both cause i am a long lost fan of FF games (old school all the way baby...but im just a sucker and keeps buying the new ones...sometimes haha) killswitch looks promising the first one was alright but now its on the PS3 so they can actually put a battlefield on there hopefully for the whole game

HET UERNRT FO CEAMR
CEAMR ODSE NTO EXITS
[Image: 2iu88qr.jpg]
Julia Wrote:Im half Nazi..god knows how I can abuse someone... :wink:
06-16-2008, 07:32 AM

Snake_killer Wrote:I dont think bioshock is coming on the ps3....but i am stocked for final fantasy 13 versus which i think should be the main game...but ill probably buy both cause i am a long lost fan of FF games (old school all the way baby...but im just a sucker and keeps buying the new ones...sometimes haha) killswitch looks promising the first one was alright but now its on the PS3 so they can actually put a battlefield on there hopefully for the whole game
I actually think bioshock might work coming on the ps3 for some reason but when it comes to final fantasy iam still waiting for another ff11 exspasion to come out because i want new jobs Now ; ;

[Image: avatar34.gif]
Lollicon could use some Pepnobismal at the moment now
PSN:yumigami
Wii code:1160-9424-1653
myspace: http://www.myspace.com/catnapx
Gaia online: Forsakened Kitsune
YOU GUYS P05T TO FUCKING MUCH ; ; not fucking fair i can never keep up with any one.....
do u want to fucking play now iam just TOO FUCKING CRAZY FOR YOU
[Image: crazyperson.jpg]
06-16-2008, 07:38 AM

Snake_killer Wrote:I dont think bioshock is coming on the ps3....but i am stocked for final fantasy 13 versus which i think should be the main game...but ill probably buy both cause i am a long lost fan of FF games (old school all the way baby...but im just a sucker and keeps buying the new ones...sometimes haha) killswitch looks promising the first one was alright but now its on the PS3 so they can actually put a battlefield on there hopefully for the whole game

they already announced bioshock for ps3 http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/22/biosho...ng-to-ps3/
06-16-2008, 09:06 AM

Gran Turismo 5, I'm a sucker for Gran Turismo games.

Plus it has the Top Gear test track, driving around in a Suzuki Liana or a Chevrolet Lacetti should be a laugh.
06-16-2008, 09:56 AM

After I'll get MGS4 and GTAIV, I dunno...

Oh right, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, is kinda what I'm waiting, though I'm pretty sure it will suck, well not suck, but isn't worth the wait, but I loved the first and second, so I'll definitely check it out.

And Resident Evil 5, that's probably the only thing I'm really looking forward to right now. The 4th one was just plain awesome and the 5th one atleast looks fucking amazing.

[Image: lif1049bi8.jpg]
06-16-2008, 10:19 AM

In order of their expected releases, barring the customary delay or two:

NHL 09 - September 9th
Yes, NHL. Yes, a sports game. NHL 08 won numerous 'Sports Game of The Year' titles last year, and deservedly so. The game was sick, the animations fluid and the controls were perfect. They are only adding onto this with NHL 09, basically re-vamping and refurbishing everything ad-nauseum. Something like over 200 new animations, a new fighting system, one-handed deking, etc, etc, etc.

SOCOM: Confrontation - September 16th
My friends and I logged countless hours on SOCOM II, playing for over 3 years, on and off. Our hearts were broken with SOCOM 3. It is believed that Confrontation will be going back to SOCOM II's roots, with maps like Crossroads, Desert Glory and Frostfire confirmed being re-made for this current generation of gaming. I don't have room with more disappointment like SOCOM 3, so I'm praying this game will deliver. This is the only game on the list that can come close to the anticipation I had for MGS4...just so you know how serious I am.

Resistance 2 - November 4th :?

The original, Resistance: Fall of Man was the first game I ever played on a PS3, and it was a pretty damn sweet game. The storyline is interesting, the gameplay is good and the multiplayer still has one of the best matchmaking systems around. Throw in a US setting, a brand new campaign, an 8 player co-op campaign and 60 players online, and this game looks like a surefire shot to make a big splash this fall.

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - Fall 2008

The last good Spider-Man game I played was Spider-Man 2...that game broke barriers. And then everything they did good with that game was shit on with Spider-Man 3...that game was a mess. Well, Web of Shadows looks to take the swinging mechanics and the entire map of New York City, and throw in the COMIC BOOK UNIVERSE of Spider-Man, instead of the oft-maligned movie universe. Venom stars at the main bad guy, and that's all I needed to know...Venom is the shit, and he was killed off in 15 minutes in Spider-Man 3. I truly hated that. In Web of Shadows, it's said you can choose to be a hero or villain...let's see how that goes.

New Prince of Persia - Late 2008

Ehh...still not sure about this one. I LOVED the first 3 POP's, they all had a unique, awesome quality to them. The new artstyle is gutsy, but weird. Not to mention a female mage that follows you around the entire game? Hmm...the jury's still out on this one.

Resident Evil 5 - Early 2009
Yes, the big one. The first game I ever played on PlayStation, not counting GEX, was Resident Evil. The first game I got when I got a PlayStation for my 8th or 9th birthday was Resident Evil 2. I remember shitting my pants when the zombies busted through Kendo's window...anyway, I played Resident Evil 3 shortly after that, loved it. Years later, Resident Evil 4 came out and re-shaped the series. Many 'series vets' didn't like the new direction, but I loved it. I think the series needed a breath of fresh air. RE5 will have RE4's controls, and Chris Redfield as the main character -- 'nuff said.

Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII - Who the fuck knows
These games haven't been seen in like, 2 years, but I've played many-a Final Fantasy in my day, and I won't quit now. I'm more stoked for Versus than XIII(based solely on screenshots), but, I'll get them both.

...was this post too long?

"Twelve shots...this time, I've got twelve shots."
06-16-2008, 12:24 PM

Alan Wake, Horror goodness
Duke Nukem Forever: Eleven years waiting
Splatterhouse 4: Good god retro vibes.
06-16-2008, 01:23 PM

And now for your horror genre news!:

I'm honestly surprised only a handful said they were anticipating RE:5. Come on, people! This game looks freaking amazing (though, I'm worried about the focus on crazy villagers, now--are zombies ever going to reappear?).

I'm also looking forward to the next Siren game. Now there's a fucked-up game... and you need to rely on stealth far more than you have to in the MGS series. Your best weapon can be a gun, but you can't even kill the baddies. Only stun them.

Condemned 2 is super awesome, I can tell. I downloaded the demo and it blew me away in terms of graphics and atmosphere. And Ethan is generally less wierd looking. Coolio.

FEAR's sequel, which is actually titled just Project Origin (on account of company digesting done by Warner Studios), is also said to be in production. I'm afraid.

Silent Hill 5, because I'm a total Pyramid Head idiot. The games are just so different and creepy--not kid material.

There actually is a Clocktower being made, but I'm not holding my breath. I've played Clocktower 3. :x

I was never really a huge fan of Alone in the Dark, but that'll be coming out, too... Meh, we'll see.

Fatal Frame 4... (yay!)... I just hope the next-gen consoles will give this baby a big boost in terms of scares.

Rainy Woods... hmm, it looks a little promising... but since it's not a sequel, I can't really state any hopes here. My only one is that it will be a good horror/thriller game for the Miho to scream at!

Sadness is also a new one, but it's for Wii so I don't care. Smile
06-16-2008, 05:02 PM

At the moment...none. Which is rare for me not to have some game to look forward to. I'd been waiting for a sequel to SoL for what 6 years when MGS4 came out. I used to be stoked about Tekken 6 for PS3, but that was before I got hold of Tekken 5 DR and realized how much they fucked u- I mean changed the series from what I used to love back in the late nineties.

I think I'm more focused on TV shows now.

-
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)