[Gameplay] The Good, the Bad - Discussion/Suggestions
04-18-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: [Gameplay] The Good, the Bad - Discussion/Suggestions
I had that happen too. Near the beginning of a mission I was just crawling along to sneak past the fence, then I hear a jeep driving, then it hits someone, the guy comes out and is like "UH OH D00DZ SUM1 KILLED HIM!!!1!1!!" It was so stupid.
This talk about soldiers seeing you and going into instant alert also reminds me of an idea I had about MGS4 before I played the game that I thought would be awesome. I had this idea that gene therapy has continued, and that we'd see units of soldiers with special powers, for example, a unit that's had Psycho Mantis's genes put in them, and they'll all telepathic, with linked minds and maybe even telekinesis.
04-19-2014, 02:44 AM
That happened to me as well, except the guy was more like "Oh shit, I'm outta here." I thought there was gonna be a caution phase because of the accident, but thankfully there wasn't. I'm must've been lucky.

Who the fuck even reads signatures these days? Oh right...
04-22-2014, 02:03 PM
Some reason I own it, but don't like to play it... hope TPP is better...

I do prefer the darker storyline and look in general though... feels like the first true mature MGS game since MGS1... you know because every game after that had all that crotch grabbing, date with Kaz, and poop talk.

Johnny Sasaki toilet humor was funny in MGS1, and made sense(He had a cold) it was stale in MGS2, and I don't even want to get started on MGS4.

MGS3 was the worst toilet humor of all with Big Boss asking paramedic if he could eat his own shit, and then codec call with Signit after the dream sequence. how old is kojima 50?? It is about time he grew the fuck up.

That being said do you think there will be any toilet humor in MGSV?
04-22-2014, 08:47 PM
Oh you guys experienced that moment where the driver kills a patrol? I've had that happen to me twice. An alert wasn't called, though; instead he looked at the body and went back to his Jeep to drive off out of the area. Needless to say, they'd best tweak that shit for TPP. Oh, and speaking of shit...

(04-22-2014 02:03 PM)Snake_Plissken Wrote:  Some reason I own it, but don't like to play it... hope TPP is better...

I do prefer the darker storyline and look in general though... feels like the first true mature MGS game since MGS1... you know because every game after that had all that crotch grabbing, date with Kaz, and poop talk.

Johnny Sasaki toilet humor was funny in MGS1, and made sense(He had a cold) it was stale in MGS2, and I don't even want to get started on MGS4.

MGS3 was the worst toilet humor of all with Big Boss asking paramedic if he could eat his own shit, and then codec call with Signit after the dream sequence. how old is kojima 50?? It is about time he grew the fuck up.

That being said do you think there will be any toilet humor in MGSV?
Bolded and italicized to inquire....what the fuck? I don't remember BB asking Para-Medic if he could eat his own shit. I do remember BB talking to Zero about how he makes sure he buries it good, to which Zero replies "Why not put it in a bag like we do in the SAS?" I guess taking your own shit with you instead of burying it in foreign land is a proper clandestine tactic, though why go through the trouble anyway?
Oh yeah and I think we all remember Crap Gear, a giant two-legged turd that launches missiles that turns people into shit. I guess, at the time, I admitted that such a dream could be frightening, especially if it was possible to smell it.

As for the rest of your post....I don't know if toilet-humor would have a place in The Phantom Pain. If they implement a Johnny in the game, or a character with IBS, so be it. If not, so be it. At least Johnny had a semi-appearance in the Déjà Vu mission.

And finally, as for growing up....well, do remember that "Growing old is compulsory. Growing up is optional."* Though Kojima-san does have a weird sense of humor, some of which might pale in comparison to others similar, but meh.

*Within reason.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
04-22-2014, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2014 08:54 PM by DarthCaligula.)
Call up Paramedic to ask about rabbits and she'll tell you about how they eat their own feces, and Big Boss asks if he should too.
04-22-2014, 09:43 PM
(04-22-2014 08:54 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  Call up Paramedic to ask about rabbits and she'll tell you about how they eat their own feces, and Big Boss asks if he should too.
I remember learning about rabbits eating their own shit in MGS3....but for some reason I don't remember BB inquiring about eating his own shit. Huh. Can't believe I don't remember that....

"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
04-22-2014, 10:48 PM
Selective memory.

I don't want to remember Big Boss eating his own shit either.
04-24-2014, 09:59 AM
This just in; one time I was playing that Classified Intel Acquisition mission, and there was this one truck driving down the road inbetween the watch-towers and the refugee camp, and the truck struck a soldier. After a while, he called CP to report the dead body and the area went on the usual alert routine. This actually marks the first time someone runs a fellow patrol over and then calls CP to go on alert. Overall, it was silly, bit obviously a bug in the engine and whatever little elements involved (AI macros, whatever).

(04-22-2014 10:48 PM)Solidsuitlarry Wrote:  Selective memory. I don't want to remember Big Boss eating his own shit either.
Hell if I know. I think I would've remembered hearing BB asking about eating his own shit.....though, maybe I did hear it back then, but I just don't remember it. I mean, I remember BB's reaction to how he committed cannibalism (eating a vulture, learning about them via Para-Medic); he sighed and face-palmed. Maybe the reason I remember that one especially could be because I found something to think about when hearing that....that since vultures eat corpses, even human corpses, if you eat that vulture, are you eating human flesh in the process? Well, if anything it's human remains, but still.

04-24-2014, 05:45 PM
I never actually heard the cannibalism one but I do remember the poopie one.
05-27-2014, 09:14 AM
Only thing I don't like on GZ is the use of the DPAD to switch inventory. I'd like the option to change to classic MGS controls to use the triggers to switch. Other than that I agree with every point on this post. Good read.
05-27-2014, 12:16 PM
Agreed on that one. Felt too much like Portable Ops.

Who the fuck even reads signatures these days? Oh right...
05-28-2014, 10:06 AM
(05-27-2014 09:14 AM)nekkedsnake Wrote:  Only thing I don't like on GZ is the use of the DPAD to switch inventory. I'd like the option to change to classic MGS controls to use the triggers to switch. Other than that I agree with every point on this post. Good read.
The inventory system in GZ is sort of quirky, too; what I mean is that if you accidentally select an item, you can't just quickly revert to something else, and this lasts for about half a second. Plus sometimes you have to tap a button twice in order to select the next item, but again, sometimes you have to wait half a second before you can select the next item.

Otherwise, I can come to a compromise about the directional buttons being the method of item/weapon selection. But that's just me. A classic MGS control setup never sounds like a bad idea, but what parts should be switched around then? Should the D-pad be used for calling and whatever else?

05-28-2014, 10:26 AM
(05-28-2014 10:06 AM)Old Gross Wrote:  Plus sometimes you have to tap a button twice in order to select the next item, but again, sometimes you have to wait half a second before you can select the next item.

This is one of the few (minor) complaints I have about the gameplay. Like, if I have C4 or whatever equipped and I frantically need an empty magazine to distract a guard and i flipped through it too fast I have to go through it again or just open the whole inventory up. It's fucked me up a few times.
05-28-2014, 11:03 AM
That sounds a bit more like human error to me. I like the new system instead of the freeze time switching we've always had.

Benny Harvey, RIP
06-05-2014, 09:08 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-met...b_platform

Gameplay footage starts at 58:00 and ends at 59:35. Dumpster diving is back. You can also jump out of cardboard boxes to surprise the enemy.

[Image: 2549780-tppmap.jpg]

Kind of hard to tell, but the colors represent how big each game was in comparison to Phantom Pain.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)